Current Mask Requirement at Universal

The Foolish Mortal

DIS Veteran
What is the current masking requirement at Universal? Is it, like WDW, mask required indoors and on transport but otherwise optional? Or is it something else? Thanks

As stated above, no mask requirements even on transportation. I was pleasantly surprised that even though they say to fill in all available space, people weren't right up my butt even at the dark arts show which was crowded. Everybody gave a little bit of "personal space".

Do they still have the ground marked where you should stand in the queue's? I'm hoping so. I don't have a problem with Universal's policy or else I wouldn't be heading there this weekend. But I would like to see some effort to keep everyone safe. Especially those who can't take the vaccine. Even thought I've been vaccinated and have gotten the booster, I'll be wearing a mask indoors and in tight outdoor areas, like the parade and Castle show out of respect for others.

Do they still have the ground marked where you should stand in the queue's? I'm hoping so. I don't have a problem with Universal's policy or else I wouldn't be heading there this weekend. But I would like to see some effort to keep everyone safe. Especially those who can't take the vaccine. Even thought I've been vaccinated and have gotten the booster, I'll be wearing a mask indoors and in tight outdoor areas, like the parade and Castle show out of respect for others.
The ground is not marked. I would say only about 10% of people were wearing masks both in and outdoors when we were there.

This was our experience in early October as well. If you're looking for a masked up, socially distanced vacation, UO is not your place.

I get that. If you are afraid of contracting covid, an amusement park, especially during a very busy time of year, is probably not the place for you. I'm going and am willing to accept the risks. I'm just saying that it would be nice if everyone took others' situations into account. I feel badly that those with compromised immune systems or allergies to the vaccination will probably either have to forgo the parks until this is all over (if ever) or will have to take a major risk. I'm willing to do my part even though the risks to me are likely minimal at this point (no risk factors, close direct exposure to several folks who had it, including my wife, without getting it myself and triple vaccinated), I feel for those who aren't as fortunate. I'm going to be doing my part by masking up indoors and in tight outdoor areas.

Of course, I understand other point of view. Not trying to start an argument or anything.

. I'm going to be doing my part by masking up indoors and in tight outdoor areas.

Of course, I understand other point of view. Not trying to start an argument or anything.

No disagreement from me, just letting the person who asked know the current situation at UO, which is little mask usage, and staff telling people to "fill in all available space"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter