Current photo of Castle while being refurbished

My kids did not care that the castle was covered. At all. We went last week and it was the first trip for my youngest (well, the actual youngest is a baby and stayed with my sister in law). We'll be back in the future, though, so it's okay by me. Walking onto rides on thursday and having a 20 minute wait in the morning for RSR was worth it :). We love off season at disney!

We will take the Castle "Under Wraps" in stride when we are there next month as there is not much we can do about it...........we will take some funnier less formal pictures:jester: in front of it for our trip so when we look back at them we will definitely know which trip they are from.::yes::

It isn't all that bad like I had thought really. I do like the wall they put up with pictures and all..

I found this picture I took in Feb 2013 while we were there. See the tarp? Do you think the castle will eventually be covered in a tarp similar to this one? (Also posted in Feb 2015 check-in thread)

dl.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jee
I heard the brown tarp is down today and you could just see the scaffolding. I'd love to see a pic of how it looks now.

I'm not sure how to post a photo, but here's a link to a photo someone just posted on tumblr of the castle concept art in front of the castle!

- http://docdar.tumblr.com/post/110081531343/the-castle-is-covered-in-the-original-concept-art

Well that looks.... better than a brown tarp. Still not perfect, but better.

My kids did not care that the castle was covered. At all. !

I have a feeling my kids will feel the same way. Now will they feel the same way when they ask to go on Splash Mt? Matterhorn? Peter Pan? Soarin? Grizzly River? .... Probably WILL care. Wishing that my AP covered a time when rides like RR's Cartoon Spin and T&R's Bumper Cars were the only rides down.

Found this posted on IG today..

castle_zpsebf5ca17.png

Wishing that my AP covered a time when rides like RR's Cartoon Spin and T&R's Bumper Cars were the only rides down.

Of course, you also will get to see the unique 60th anniversary celebration additions that many will not. So, it depends on your perspective - you're lucky you get a great, unique year for the latter half....or you're unlucky that the first half has a lot of refurbs.

Does the pictured tarp have a cutout for when the walk way is opened?
I emailed Disney again (2nd time) to find out if tarp will come down when walk through is opened on March 3. The answer I got was yes the castle will reopen March 3rd. :jumping1: This is great news for my family as we may see it on our last day in the parks. This makes 3 times someone from Disney has told us that castle will be done/uncovered March 3....still crossing my fingers it works out that way--but its hopeful! :lovestruc

Reactions: Jee
this is what the castle looks like today. I highly doubt the tarp will ever include a photo of the castle. The reason I say that is because even for the 50th, it was just a blue tarp

Ten years ago they didn't have the "technology" so to speak (or perhaps "forethought" would be a better term) to use printed tarps during refurbs. The printed ones are a fairly new concept, and something I would definitely expect Disney to do this time around.

Anyway, as I recall even for the 50th the tarps weren't up all the way through the May unveiling. They took them down so you could still see the new paint job, they just waited until closer to the 50th kickoff date to decorate it.

Looks so much better than the brown one!
I am getting super pumped about our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter