currently freaking out.

MommyBell08

DIS Veteran
We have a one-bedroom booked for my family in sept. We are foster parents and have three little girls we are bringing along. Two of the girls are under three. When I made the reservation, the CM told me I didn't need to include the little ones on the reservation because they wouldn't be purchasing tickets. I gave he the names of the girls but she said there was no need to add them to the reservation. I just tried to book my Magic Express after making flight arrangements and they said they couldn't find the two littles on the reservation. Fine nbd. BUT it says on the web-page a one bdroom sleeps 5+1... And we have 5+2... I had two different CM's tell me this was ok and they didn't need to be on the reservation, I'm freaking out now though on hold. Will this be ok? I don't know what we will do!?!

Oh no I do think they have to be on the reservation but you wouldn't get charged I hope this works out!

They do need to be on the reservation and they cannot both be added to a room that sleeps 5 you can only have 1 plus 1 that is under 2 the 2nd child has to be included in the room count.

We are foster parents and have three little girls we are bringing along. Two of the girls are under three.

I'm confused. You say you are bringing three girls, two of which are under the age of 3. When I add that up, you are 3 + 2 under the age of 3 for a total of 5 persons in the room. Am I missing something since you say you are 5 + 2?

I'm confused. You say you are bringing three girls, two of which are under the age of 3. When I add that up, you are 3 + 2 under the age of 3 for a total of 5 persons in the room. Am I missing something since you say you are 5 + 2?

see my sig. we have two sons...

UPDATE. After talking with CM we are NOT able to be in the room with both infants and will need to leave the baby with respite. Im crushed, there are no two bedrooms available anymore:( per the CM.

see my sig. we have two sons... UPDATE. After talking with CM we are NOT able to be in the room with both infants and will need to leave the baby with respite. Im crushed, there are no two bedrooms available anymore:( per the CM.
Is there a studio available? You could book that and split up at night. Far from ideal, but maybe it could work?

UPDATE. After talking with CM we are NOT able to be in the room with both infants and will need to leave the baby with respite. Im crushed, there are no two bedrooms available anymore:( per the CM.

I just checked the DVC member website and there is availability at SSR in a 2-bedroom for the whole last week of September (I wasn't sure of your dates but I guestimated from your signature countdown!)

I'm friends with several foster moms and feel that I'm speaking for them when I say to please not leave one behind. So you can't go with AKV (says AKV in your sig). Call about SSR; there's almost certainly something there. You can go over to AKL and see all the same animals from the public areas as you might have been able to from your room, and it will be awesome.

If you made notes of the CMs who gave you rotten info, please contact Disney about that. They need to know what CMs are saying when they give bad info.

I know it's hard to change a trip this late in the game, but assuming SSR is open, it's pretty fabulous. The Paddock pool has a great kid's water play area as long as they are all little enough, and the pool itself is fun, too.

Or do as the other person suggested; see if there's a studio at the current resort.

You don't want to have to rent a car so everyone can get to the resort and back, and then be sneaky about the fire codes, by not putting all of the kids on the reservation.

I'm friends with several foster moms and feel that I'm speaking for them when I say to please not leave one behind. So you can't go with AKV (says AKV in your sig). Call about SSR; there's almost certainly something there. You can go over to AKL and see all the same animals from the public areas as you might have been able to from your room, and it will be awesome.

If you made notes of the CMs who gave you rotten info, please contact Disney about that. They need to know what CMs are saying when they give bad info.

I know it's hard to change a trip this late in the game, but assuming SSR is open, it's pretty fabulous. The Paddock pool has a great kid's water play area as long as they are all little enough, and the pool itself is fun, too.

Or do as the other person suggested; see if there's a studio at the current resort.

You don't want to have to rent a car so everyone can get to the resort and back, and then be sneaky about the fire codes, by not putting all of the kids on the reservation.

SOOOOOO I booked at SSR! AND wait-listed for a 2bedroom at AKL... The CM said there are only 4 days we are missing, so hoping pixie dust gets our AKV back. Sept 23-Oct2:groom:princess:

Glad to hear you can go on your trip. Did you also book the available dates at AKV (assuming you have enough points)? If you don't they may not be available if your wait list comes though.

SOOOOOO I booked at SSR! AND wait-listed for a 2bedroom at AKL... The CM said there are only 4 days we are missing, so hoping pixie dust gets our AKV back. Sept 23-Oct2:groom:princess:

If you didn't booked those 4 nt they could be gone before the other 3 show up

We don't have the points to book the 5 days they have.. were borrowing a lot :goodvibesas is for the two bedroom. If it doesn't work out at least we'll all be together at Saratoga... Ill update the thread if we get the AKV wait list.

Thank you:) We love these girls so much. Hoping to bring them back to Disney many many more times:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

We don't have the points to book the 5 days they have.. were borrowing a lot :goodvibesas is for the two bedroom. If it doesn't work out at least we'll all be together at Saratoga... Ill update the thread if we get the AKV wait list.
Are you willing to move half way through your vacation? I'd book half the trip and AKV and the other half at SSR, and then waitlist just the half of the trip. That's if you're willing and animals are important to you. You might even get a savanna view that way.

OP, make sure that if you have reservations for table service dining that you include everyone on the reservation. So you need a table for seven. You need to count the little ones.

In the future, remember that you are allowed one child under the age of three to not count towards the occupancy of the villa/hotel room at WDW. If you have six under the age of three, five will count and one will not.

Hope your waitlist comes through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter