Custom Disney Wedding or Intimate?

melissadanny2003

Earning My Ears
I was setting my wedding budget at about $9,000 - $10,000 and I was only planning on a very small number of guest. I know that the minimum cost for a custom wedding is $7,500 so I was wondering if maybe I should just go ahead and plan a custom
wedding since I was planning on spending more than that any way. Do you get anything more by planning a custom wedding other than you can invite more guest? Is the wedding cake nicer or bigger, etc... Is there any advantage to booking a custom wedding other than the number of guest you can invite?

Hi! Well, first, there is the bonus of adding guests. Second, there are so many wonderful reception locations to choose from. I was going to do an intimate wedding, but I just couldn't find any place that I thought was a great reception dinner spot. I also needed to add a few guests, so the limit on the intimate wedding was out! As far as cake goes, you get to choose whatever cake you want! Your cake cost is included in your food and beverage minimum. If you don't add a bunch of extras (like Cinderella's Coach, Mickey & Minnie, etc) then you can definitely stay within your budget. Hope that helps!!!
Jess

I get the impression there are some flexibility limitations on intimate events, but the sky is the limit with custom events. When our coordinator said you can do anything she meant it. For things like flowers and cake unless you wanted something very unusual or difficult to do, prices were standard. It's been almost 6 years so some of that may have changed. I would talk to your coordinator about getting the most for your buck-she was an amaizing resource for me.

One thing that you need to remember is that the intimate wedding is a package that includes at least 4 nights hotel and unlimited magic passes. If you have a custom, that is extra (except for your comp night.)

I have heard, though, that Fairy Tale Weddings is now giving annual passes to custom wedding couples - you may want to look into that.

Thank you for the replys. I just wanted to update you. I called Disney and I'll be better off keeping the intimate wedding and adding all the extras to it than going with a custom wedding package. They did tell me on the phone that the most you can spend on an intimate wedding is $15,000.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter