"Customer of Size" policies

Wouldn't common sense dictate simply asking the offender to kindly refrain from putting his elbows into his reading before summoning the crew?
Ah, yes. You're right.
Always try to resolve the situation first yourself discretely before getting help.

My family has never had trouble getting seats together on Southwest.

Southwest's (posted) policy on this is that because seats aren't preassigned, there's no guarantee members of one's own party will be in adjacent seats. Also, they feel each passenger - even the smallest child - is entitled to one full seat.

Wouldn't common sense dictate simply asking the offender to kindly refrain from putting his elbows into his reading before summoning the crew?

Yeah, this is what I was thinking, too.

This reminds me of a situation where I was on the aisle in a 3x3 configuration coming back from Puerto Rico. The woman in the middle seat kept falling asleep...with her head lolling all over me - on my shoulder, against my arm, hair all over me, practically in my lap. I kept having to wake her up! :rolleyes:

My family has never had trouble getting seats together on Southwest.
I'm sure you haven't. I was merely restating Southwest's policy. The airline believes each passenger is entitled to one complete seat, and because they offer open seating, there is no way to guarantee parties will be seated together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter