Cutbacks at DVC???

P

Pa@okw95

I just read a thread here that mentioned cutbacks at WDW!! What are some of the cutbacks and are any at OKW. I just tried to make reservations for character breakfast at Olivia's and was told to call back in a couple of weeks. Will the CB at Olivia's be one of the cuts??

The character breakfast at Olivia's has been eliminated for the time being. The other boards here talk about other changes throughout all of WDW. They are trying to contain costs to get through this rough stretch.

PA,

Someone on the boards posted a thread that WDW canceled CB at Olivia's! It is not certain, but could happen. Did you ask why?

Olivia's just had an addition put on, so it probably isn't space or construction.

Search the threads and you'll see it.

L

Thanks Pam. I just found a thread on the attraction board that lists some of the cutbacks. It does not mention Olivia's CB but I am sure you are correct. Why don't they just say there isn't any character breakfast?? They told me it was computer problems??

Olivia's

Here's a link to a discussion about Olivia's. The answer they gave you sounds like there is still hope it may come back if the crowds pick up in time for the holidays.

I saw a post somewhere saying they will still have a non-character breakfast at Olivia's, menu service.

I could see cancelling Olivis's Character breakfast due to lack of use by the members. However I do not see cutting back on DVC amenities. We all pay the dues for the operation of each resort. We chould expect the same level of service unless they cut our dues. I would not expect that to happen. Cutting back DVC services would reduce our expenses. Suspending a little used breakfast would only be a prudent management decision.

Cutbacks may be a financial necessity, as much as I hate to see them. Cash paying guests help pay for the resorts, amenities and resort staff, if there is a drop in demand, there is less income and that has to be compensated for. Dramatic increases in dues as a consequence are very undesirable in my view.

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

We can all help this problem go away by continuing to keep our travel plans to our DVC.

have been cut backs in other areas of Disney but they are also making replacements. Are they doing the same with DVC?

I just don't understand this one. This CB was always booked. We were there in June and could not make resies when we arrived for an additional morning. The kids loved this CB. Also DH and I would go on our own without the kids. Makes us feel young again. :)

Personally, I won't miss the character breakfast. Even as a child at Disneyland, the costumed characters were never a 'big deal' except for the parades. I know, though, that most kids will miss them. Too bad they couldn't cut back to once a week.

Well the CB may be gone, but the CC (Character Caravan) has arrived and it is FREE!-(as free as anything at WDW) In exchange for discontinuing the Surprise Mornings program (as of today) Resort guests get 4 characters to visit every Disney Resort at 7:30 am to 9am on Mon, Wed and Fri. (Today at OKW it was Minnie, Pluto, Capt. Hook and Smee.)

Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter