Cypress Gardens

signtalker

"in House" Disney Cast Member
Is this worth doing?, or is it rather sedate in comparison to other places?.

Your views appreciated.

Jules

Yes, it is rather sedate, but it is a nice change of pace and can be very relaxing after the hustle-bustle of Orlando. Their waterski show is first-class and the wide range of gardens are truly spectacular. There are some neat animal exhibits and a couple of rides, plus a clever new mini water park geared primarily for kids. Check out www.cypressgardens.com for the full detail.

Hi Jules

DH & I went last March and found it really nice and relaxing compared to the manic of all the other parks. We enjoyed the Water Ski show, wandering around the gardens which are spectacular and just the general ambience of the place :D

There is a Riverboat that you can board and take a trip whilst having a nice meal, there is Magnolia House, which is dedicated to the film Gone With The Wind which was really fascinating, there is the central area where there are a few shops and restaurants and they have live music going on with dancing too. Whilst we were there, there was a guy with a geeeeeeetar strumming along and some people were line dancing. We just watched and ......... well watched. If any one's into Country and Western - it would be right up their street :D :D :D And of course there are the Southern Belles in their dresses (although on the day we went we only saw one!)

There were Children there, but from what I recall, mainly young'uns.

If you do decide to go, click on the link Simon has given, there is a Voucher for some money off your Entrance Fee.

If I can help anymore just let me know. :)

we enjoyed it - it's a nice park with beautiful floral arrangements. A waterskiing show (although to be honest, we were in stitches because they kept falling over, I don't know if they had a new person on that day), and there's a small water park (for very young kids <10 I would say).

They also have a small zoo area where we saw Wallabies and Alligators.

we ate in a lovely restaurant (can't remember the name), but it was full of wedding parties - it's a very popular place to get married, we saw at least 5 brides, and were virtually in one wedding reception. (Nice couple from Liverpool, getting married with just a mum and dad along) - I really wished I had a wooden spoon to give the bride,

It is certainly sedate, but it made for quite a relaxing day out. And, it's interesting driving out of the tourist areas and into 'real' Orlando.

Bev

Agree with earlier postings. Bit dubious when wife suggested it but very enjoyable and relaxed day. I can recommend the vendor (if still there) who sells waffle cones filled with fresh strawberries. Water skiing shows very good. Gardens lovely. If you want to wind down after a Disney day give it a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter