D23 2024 expectations (Parks & Experiences)

Icarus846

Earning My Ears
What are your expectations for the D23 Ultimate Fan Event this summer, specifically Parks and Experiences announcements? Last year they claimed to have a couple big things in the works with a MK Beyond Big Thunder and AK Dinoland. Do you think they will just have more bluesky ideas, or concrete ideas with plans to start building in the near future? Will they release plans for the 3rd disneyland park? Hoping for some big announcements with the recent 60 billion park investment plan.
Also hoping they announce they are bringing Enchanted Tale Of Beauty and the Beast to North America. Should be close to the end of Tokyo’s exclusivity?

I would be shocked if they don't discuss at least a little bit of detail regarding how they're spending billions for the US parks. Two words come to mind that might drive the need a bit: Epic Universe..... A little more pressure on Disney in 2024 than there perhaps was back in 2022 or 2023.....

No expectations. I find it just results in disappointment. If they announce something new, great! If they don't announce anything new, I like the parks just fine right now. I don't think they need to compete with Epic. They really can't; it's too late. People are going to want to go there for a while no matter what Disney does. Plus, there will always be die hard Disney fans that won't go to Universal. I like both equally.

No expectations. I find it just results in disappointment. If they announce something new, great! If they don't announce anything new, I like the parks just fine right now. I don't think they need to compete with Epic. They really can't; it's too late. People are going to want to go there for a while no matter what Disney does. Plus, there will always be die hard Disney fans that won't go to Universal. I like both equally.
I'm sure I'm in the minority but I have absolutely no interest in EU.

My expectations are REALLY low and even then I feel like that's a bit too high.

Anything they announce won't realistically be completed until the end of the de
My expectations are REALLY low and even then I feel like that's a bit too high.

Anything they announce won't realistically be completed until the end of the decade.
2028 is likely the earliest if the announce this summer. For that reason is why Im leaning towards big announcements this summer. Will try to keep my expectations in check though cause…fool me once...

2028 is likely the earliest if the announce this summer. For that reason is why Im leaning towards big announcements this summer. Will try to keep my expectations in check though cause…fool me once...
Let's see how long it takes to get that Test Track retheme finished and then we can predict a timeline. And let's actually hope they don't cancel what they announce. Remember the Play Pavilion, the Spaceship Earth refurb and the Mary Poppins spinner?

Let's see how long it takes to get that Test Track retheme finished and then we can predict a timeline. And let's actually hope they don't cancel what they announce. Remember the Play Pavilion, the Spaceship Earth refurb and the Mary Poppins spinner?
Splash/Tianas is on track for 18 month retheme. Would expect something similar with test track although we don’t know the details of the retheme yet. The Epcot cutbacks was very disappointing, although I understand the decision based on what was happening with Covid, as shortsighted of a decision it was.

I have nothing. No expectations. Disney is on a disappointment streak that'll continue. I'm more hyped for Universal's Epic Universe and Universal Studios Great Britain.

I really wish they would give attention to Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom, in terms of improvement and expansion, since they need help. For DHS, as an example, they need to replace the Launch Bay with a new Animation experience, similar to the one at California Adventure. For DAK, the South America land should be an expansion (on the west side of the park), and not a replacement for DinoLand, or there would be no exhibits for South American animals. Also, a mythical Asia area, at least featuring Raya and the Last Dragon, in the expansion area above Kali River Rapids and Maharajah Jungle Trek.

One idea I have for Magic Kingdom is a Moana ride in Adventureland, in the area where Fire Mountain was planned to go in. Also an Inside Out pavilion at Epcot that finally replaces the Wonders of Life pavilion.

EDIT: I lied. I only have one expectation for D23 2024, and that is "Beyond Big Thunder" revealed to be "new Frontierland" (No existing IP would be present there). Still, I feel that Disney is on a continuing disappointment streak.

Last edited:
I expect we'll get an update on Tiana's Bayou Adventure in Disneyland, an update on Test Track redo for Epcot and updates on Walt Disney Studios Park construction at DLP and Space Mountain at TDL. In terms of new announcements, Disney will hopefully commit to the Dinoland replacement and Beyond Big Thunder, but that's about it. Maybe an attraction for Shanghai and a construction date for Avengere Multiverse Ride at DCA and Hong Kong

I want the Mary Poppins attraction resurrected from the dead. Of course, I am completely biased towards all things Mary Poppins. I'm old - I remember, as a little girl, seeing the first Mary Poppins at the Drive-In theatre and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. It just left such a lasting impression with me.

Bob Iger from latest Earnings Call transcript:

(RE: Parks Investement) I'm not going to really give you much more of a sense of timing, except that we're hard at work at getting these things basically conceived and built. And we've got a menu of things that we'll basically start opening in ‘25, and there'll be a cadence every year of additional investment and increased capacity.

My expectations are high. Disney is about 5 years behind in terms of building new attractions, while down the road Epic Universe just continues to look more and more awesome with every weekly update.

I need more than a vague picture with some IP from their past 3 successful movies (you'd have to go back a few years to find successful ones) and Josh D'Amaro saying "these things won't be built, but wouldn't it be cool if they were?!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter