D23 - Are you a Disney fan or a Disney World fan?

JT's World

There is no such thing as too much Disney World
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am still on the fence about D23.

Although I enjoy all things Disney, my passion is really Disney World (Hence the title of my blog: Only WDWorld). D23, on the surface, does not appear to have a lot of Disney World specific information and features. After scanning the list of regular features for the Disney twenty-three magazine I am not hopeful of discovering much Disney World info. The fact that the Expo is held in California is also telling.

I was really hoping that they would create something for the Disney World fan (or even the Disney theme park fan), with behind the scenes information about the theme parks and little known facts about the history and design of attractions, as opposed to something that gives the latest update on the next Zac Efron movie.

Am I in the minority or are their others out there like me?

That's kind of an interesting distinction, and I think I have a similar opinion.

I'm not that much into the man, the myth, the cult of Walt Disney. I don't collect Disneyana, and aside from appreciating a good movie, I don't care too much about their media enterprises.

I am primarily a fan of Disney travel destinations, so the whole D23 thing is of less than no interest to me. But I'm sure there are plenty of others who enjoy it, so it's great for them.

it is about disney. which includes theme parks. it also includes companies like disney theatrical, disney hyperion, walt disney studios, disney/pixar, etc.

the magazine does cover the theme parks as much as it covers every other aspect. it included photos and background and detail information on the dream suites at both resorts. it talked about the annie leibovitz photo campaign and included an exclusive never-before-seen photo.

i don't recall seeing anything on 17 again (which isn't a disney movie anyway)

Personally? We are Disney fans. We buy the movies, we watch the tv channels, we own disney games and puzzles. Our kids have disney toys and dolls. My daughter's bedding is HSM. We all own disney clothing and we wear it. We have disney stuff throughout the house. We love Disney. :lovestruc And for us getting the membership to D23 was just an extention of that.

Yes, we love WDW. We go every year, but Disney has our hearts. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter