D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event 8/9/24-8/11/24 **Tickets on sale 3/26** **Sold Out on 3/29**

And when selecting panels, does it matter if the person you transfer it to is a regular (free) D23 member or gold?
I don’t think so. I believe that the rsp for reservations was for everyone. The standby lines usually are split between gold and regular though.

I don’t think so. I believe that the rsp for reservations was for everyone. The standby lines usually are split between gold and regular though.
IIRC standby lines for gold were only for the arena and D23 Hall (now Honda center).

It'll be interesting to see how much they expand into prior D23 Hall now and how they utilize upstairs. Would be great to have more panels and options on the convention floor. We really enjoyed the ESPN space last year.

IIRC standby lines for gold were only for the arena and D23 Hall (now Honda center).

It'll be interesting to see how much they expand into prior D23 Hall now and how they utilize upstairs. Would be great to have more panels and options on the convention floor. We really enjoyed the ESPN space last year.
I wonder if the archives exhibit will go into the old hall since it’s going to be vehicles it will likely use more space than in years past.

I wish they would tease out some of the panels at ACC... now that I failed to get tickets yesterday and am feeling like I'll have similar bad luck today I'd maybe pivot to just ACC this year. But its a long way to go without knowing what Im paying for... shopping and the floor wouldn't cut it for me as I'm not much of a shopper or swag hoarder.

Not the Eras tour! :triggered:

Best advice after my experience is to definitely not limit yourself to one window. Have your phone and laptop ready. I still had the weird error that came up for me on my screen. That's what I got on one when I literally had clicked nothing. lol
Absolutely! Some social media groups are trying to say that the multiple windows is what caused the problems yesterday. That is absolutely false. These people have no idea how this works. The windows that are queued are in a different server than the ones currently being serviced. If there were too many being serviced, then the algorithm to determine how many could be serviced at a time is faulty. Just like an attraction; you can’t put 6 people in 5 seats. The queues work off a lottery/random, so the more browsers/devices you use, you get more chances of getting in. Between my friend and I, we had 11 things open. Hers got in 1st. I had one that may have been able to get us the tickets we wanted, maybe. Just close those windows/browsers when you get your tickets.

I wish they would tease out some of the panels at ACC... now that I failed to get tickets yesterday and am feeling like I'll have similar bad luck today I'd maybe pivot to just ACC this year. But it’s a long way to go without knowing what Im paying for... shopping and the floor wouldn't cut it for me as I'm not much of a shopper or swag hoarder.
They don’t usually announce those until like a month before. Sometimes they change panels the day before the convention. If you want just ACC tickets, I don’t think those will sell out quickly.

They don’t usually announce those until like a month before. Sometimes they change panels the day before the convention. If you want just ACC tickets, I don’t think those will sell out quickly.
Oh I know they don't announce, that's why I wish... crazy that they change panels that close to go time but if someone gets sick or something I can see why that would happen. It'd be understandable!

Wild; saw a blog posting 33K+ guests left high and dry. Probably more like 8k with all the multiple browsers. But still - closing off the entire sale is kind of weird vs section.

Leaving some 400s and 200s for VISA today make sense, but leaving 100s to be sold for 8k+ potential rapid Disney fans seemed -- odd.

I wish they would tease out some of the panels at ACC... now that I failed to get tickets yesterday and am feeling like I'll have similar bad luck today I'd maybe pivot to just ACC this year. But its a long way to go without knowing what Im paying for... shopping and the floor wouldn't cut it for me as I'm not much of a shopper or swag hoarder.
Agree... all their focus seems to be on selling the Honda Center seats this year. I bought there only hoping that the panels would make up for what seemed to be kinda lackluster last year and that maybe we'll see some actual theme park announcements (not hypothetical), and some actual Marvel movie announcements (how they're retrenching after the whole Kang debacle), Star Wars announcements (new Rey movie?) and trailers and famous Marvel/Star Wars actors showing up...

Wild; saw a blog posting 33K+ guests left high and dry. Probably more like 8k with all the multiple browsers. But still - closing off the entire sale is kind of weird vs section.

Leaving some 400s and 200s for VISA today make sense, but leaving 100s to be sold for 8k+ potential rapid Disney fans seemed -- odd.
They didn’t really leave the 100s. They just sold the number of tickets that were allocated for yesterday’s sale. It’s that people chose not to buy the expensive seats. Only gold members can buy them. They still have today and tomorrow. I think the 100s will be available for a long time. They may not even sell out. This is what was always planned. They did this last year too, but it was only a Visa presale; gold got a limited number of discount led tickets and could purchase preferred.

They didn’t really leave the 100s. They just sold the number of tickets that were allocated for yesterday’s sale. It’s that people chose not to buy the expensive seats. Only gold members can buy them. They still have today and tomorrow. I think the 100s will be available for a long time. They may not even sell out. This is what was always planned. They did this last year too, but it was only a Visa presale; gold got a limited number of discount led tickets and could purchase preferred.
And last time around the entire batch of preferred tickets sold out in under 20 minutes. But I’m going to guess that maybe 1/3 ore less of what they are selling as preferred this go around made up all of the preferred tickets last time.

Let's see how many 200 and 400 seats are available today.

It looks like they held back a few 200 sections: 225, 204 205 comparing the initial maps set by @dina444444 (page 18) but all the 400s sections were released (unknown if they held back certain rows but didn't look like it on the initial seating charts posted.

Kind of interesting that the 400 lowers went faster on the 3days while the 400 uppers went first on the 1 days.

Someone on social media said "so basically Disney is now forcing us to buy the expensive tickets" ahem...sir no one is forcing you to buy any tickets...no one is forcing you to go to D23....stop victimizing yourself! 🤦‍♀️
If we hadn’t gotten Honda Center tickets, we were going to get ACC only tickets. We had a budget and weren’t going to feel compelled to buy more. Even going to just the ACC is great; I actually prefer the smaller panels. At least with this year’s tickets, you know what you are getting. No hoping you get a big panel RSP just to be disappointed or waiting hours in line to possibly not get into a big panel. I still think they priced stuff too high for Honda.

If we hadn’t gotten Honda Center tickets, we were going to get ACC only tickets. We had a budget and weren’t going to feel compelled to buy more. Even going to just the ACC is great; I actually prefer the smaller panels. At least with this year’s tickets, you know what you are getting. No hoping you get a big panel RSP just to be disappointed or waiting hours in line to possibly not get into a big panel. I still think they priced stuff too high for Honda.
I think 400s were fine; only a $20-50 price premium for a guaranteed seat to the big panel events and people would have easily paid for that in D23 Hall if it were an option to save 4hours sitting in the dungeons AND time away from the convention hall and other panels.

200s priced well enough too for the intermediate that people felt worthy of the splurge and bought them out quite quickly too.

100s is what priced too high without any benefits. If I were Disney, the first bennie would be the swag bag included for 100 tickets -- $149 value (costing Disney maybe $20) then go from there.

That was exactly my plan too! I have nothing to compare since this will be our first one (so excited!), but I knew I didn't want to spend more than the upper level 400s, so if that wasn't available I would have gone for just the ACC 3-day as well. It still would have been better than not going at all!

I'm also incredibly grateful that I have a very flexible job that allows me to even wait in the queue, constantly checking updates, buying the tickets, etc. There are tons of jobs out there that you can't even look at your phone constantly, let alone having a computer/laptop.

Last edited:

I think yesterday ended just before the 13000 people got in. If you tried to get into the queue right before it shut down, you were given a number in the 55000 range. I think that is where the blogs calculated that 33K were left high and dry. It should say 33K browsers were left high and dry. :surfweb:

Interesting, today it says that when it is your turn, you have 10 minutes to enter the website. Yesterday it was five minutes.

Here we go!! Good luck peeps!

giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter