Dance solo song ideas for 9 year old

Bibbidi_Boo

DIS Veteran
My daughter is doing her first solo for dance this coming season. She is 9 and starting to come up with some ideas for her to bring to the teacher. She is thinking she wants an upbeat acro dance but would be open to a more lyrical acro also. Wanting something age appropriate (not love songs/break up/etc) and clean. She loves when her song is in a movie also (one of which she is allowed to watch of course).

Anyone got any good ideas?

Try Everything from Zootopia.

It's a perfect dance song with great lyrics. My DS's high school theater group used it in a showcase several years ago (he's out of college and working as a professional actor now!). They had a group of kids do a ballet segment, then one pulled off a shoe and dropped it on the stage. Then a group did tap and someone dropped a shoe by the ballet shoe. Then my DS's group did a jazz segment, again dropping a shoe. Then a group did hip hop and dropped a shoe. At the end, a 6-year old (the director's DD) walked out onto the empty stage and looked at the pile of shoes, like she was considering which dance style she wanted to try. She shrugged, picked up all the shoes and happily walked off. It was really well done!

Try Everything from Zootopia.

It's a perfect dance song with great lyrics. My DS's high school theater group used it in a showcase several years ago (he's out of college and working as a professional actor now!). They had a group of kids do a ballet segment, then one pulled off a shoe and dropped it on the stage. Then a group did tap and someone dropped a shoe by the ballet shoe. Then my DS's group did a jazz segment, again dropping a shoe. Then a group did hip hop and dropped a shoe. At the end, a 6-year old (the director's DD) walked out onto the empty stage and looked at the pile of shoes, like she was considering which dance style she wanted to try. She shrugged, picked up all the shoes and happily walked off. It was really well done!

About the same age my daughter did ABC by Jackson 5 for her jazz/acro.

Both of those would be good but they are being used this year for recital so might not be able to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter