DAS pre-registration live chat: How long should I expect to wait?

I apologize if this has been addressed but I read the thread and didn't see it. My DAS is up for renewal and was going to try to do it online. I'm an annual pass holder though so I really don't need any pre-selections as I'm somewhat local. If I skip the pre-selections and just do the first video chat will my DAS still be re-activated or do you HAVE to go through the extra pre-selection step?

No need to make the Advanced Selections if you don’t want them. You can renew in-park as usual if you prefer, or try online. Lately reports have been of long waits online - I’m thinking spring break crowds may be impacting it.

We sign up my DH last week, for several reasons, we had to wait three times. On March 4 and 5 , the waits were about 3 - 3 1/2 hours each time. Nerve racking waits... Don't blink, there is no "ding" we are ready for you to alert you.

I started the chat right at 4am PST and had my video call 15 minutes later. Choosing the advanced selection was somewhat frustrating as most of my choices were not available.

Started today right at 7am. Was through to a real person with 10 minutes. I was completely shocked (and nearly missed it, as I was going to go make breakfast). For our December trip, it took about 8 hours, I think.

I signed up a week ago. There were 2 dates that were outside the 30 day window. So today I tried to add the 2 extra days. But when I press the 'request live chat' button I see a message to either hold for pre registration or to click a link if you just want to plan. When I click the link for planning I am redirected to the same page and end up with the 'request live chat' button again. So I cannot get through to the planning department. Anyone tips on how to go about this? I'm clearly doing something wrong. (i'm using a VPN server as i'm based in Europe)

You were on the video chat for 7 hours????
Not quite, waiting for the chat & booking the times, 6.20. It seemed much longer TBH. It freaks me out when the site times you out & you have to log back in.

Still, a looong time. Had made several other attempts & failed. Just glad it’s done! one less thing to stress over.

will say, with some flexibility as to time in parks, all the choices were available including slinky dog which wasn’t for us during past visits.

My experience today was I logged in at 7:00 AM EST. At around 9:00 AM a chat came up and asked the first day in the park, who it was for and who would be in the party. After a few more minutes someone joined the chat. While the video was loading I clicked too many buttons in my excitement and the cast member had to resend the request. After discussing with him for a few minutes I was approved and he transferred me to another cast member, this time chat only no more video, and I gave him the full list of days, attractions and times. He noted that some of the return times were in the same hour and asked if anyone had any mobility issues for that.
Logged in at 7:02
First Chat with CM at 8:59
Video Chat was complete at 9:05
Advanced choices (lack of better words right now) 9:37.

I logged in right at 7am EST (4am our time as we are on the west coast!) and waited about 40-45 minutes before the video chat started. That was a quick call, lasting less than 5 minutes. They went to move me over to book the advance selections, however, there was an issue with our tickets and I had to talk to IT.

IT was supposed to be a 2.5 hour wait; fortunately there was an option for a call back and they ended up calling me back about an hour later. I logged back in later that afternoon for the ride selection and that took a while, probably about 1.5 hrs, mostly because of IT issues, which caused the connection to drop a few times.

So I spent about 2.5 hrs total getting everything setup.

I have been trying to video chat with someone for almost a week now. I log in and wait 5+ hours a night, and nothing. I will randomly get logged out, so I have to log back in again, so maybe that is messing me up but I don't know how to stop that from happening and my screen/computer doesn't go in sleep mode while I am waiting. Every day when I log back in to request a video chat I get a message from the day before that says something like "thanks for contacting us to pre-register, but due to the popularity of this service there are high wait times. We value your time, but we are no longer taking chats this evening sorry for the inconvenience. We look forward to helping you again. Conversation closed by the agent at 'time and date'"

The first time I logged in to told me to type the word start, but every day since I get that same "sorry we missed you blah blah blah" and then the only way I get the "welcome to the queue for this service and the wait time can be hours" message I have to type a word in the chat box.

Can someone please help me out and tell me if I am stuck in a loop and if so how to possibly get out of it, some tips about what times are the best to request the video chat, or anything really at this point? I leave for my trip in less than 30 days, and I would love to pre-register for the DAS not to really get the opportunity to select some rides before I go, but just so I don't have to spend the first hour or so on my first day at Guest Relations getting my DAS pass.

I have been trying to video chat with someone for almost a week now. I log in and wait 5+ hours a night, and nothing. I will randomly get logged out, so I have to log back in again, so maybe that is messing me up but I don't know how to stop that from happening and my screen/computer doesn't go in sleep mode while I am waiting. Every day when I log back in to request a video chat I get a message from the day before that says something like "thanks for contacting us to pre-register, but due to the popularity of this service there are high wait times. We value your time, but we are no longer taking chats this evening sorry for the inconvenience. We look forward to helping you again. Conversation closed by the agent at 'time and date'"

The first time I logged in to told me to type the word start, but every day since I get that same "sorry we missed you blah blah blah" and then the only way I get the "welcome to the queue for this service and the wait time can be hours" message I have to type a word in the chat box.

Can someone please help me out and tell me if I am stuck in a loop and if so how to possibly get out of it, some tips about what times are the best to request the video chat, or anything really at this point? I leave for my trip in less than 30 days, and I would love to pre-register for the DAS not to really get the opportunity to select some rides before I go, but just so I don't have to spend the first hour or so on my first day at Guest Relations getting my DAS pass.
The best time to get on is right at 7 am eastern time. We did that two weeks ago on a weekend and were completely finished in 40 minutes

I did the chat on Wednesday at 12:48 PM EST. I waited 2 hours for the call to commence and then it took about 20 minutes. The actual conversation took about 5 minutes, the other 15 were technical issues. First she could see me, but not hear me then she couldn't see or hear me, we tried another device and then I could only hear her at a whisper. You get the idea. I feel like if the tech ran smoother the wait times would be dramatically reduced.

From clicking the button to start the DAS chat to finish with DAS Advance Selections, it’s generally been just short of an hour on the low side and 5-6 hours on the high side.

The best time to get on is right at 7 am eastern time. We did that two weeks ago on a weekend and were completely finished in 40 minutes

i can do that tomorrow since its a weekend , but during the week i have to be at work at 5 so its not possible.

i can do that tomorrow since its a weekend , but during the week i have to be at work at 5 so its not possible.
True, many are unable to commit to hours in the early AM for various reasons. Probably, that’s why it’s typically a shorter reported wait.

Not to complain, do wish they’d extend it to 90 days in length for APH. Seems as tho it would allow many who visit 4 or 5 times a year to skip a call & decrease overall wait time fir the process

We just went through the process this morning - tried refreshing and starting video chat at 7:00am in Chrome on a Mac and it kept giving us an ad pop-up instead of the chat. Switched to Safari and got logged on/started chat at 7:02am. Below is our timeline for a Saturday morning...

7:02am - Logged onto chat
9:19am - Contacted to say we would be video chatting soon (during the 2 hour wait we had to keep logging in/refreshing every 30 minutes or so)
9:28am - Video Chat (we couldn't see them but they could see us)
9:31am - Get transferred to chat to make pre-selections
9:40am - Pre-selections done and off chat

As others have said - actual chat process was pretty quick - just the waiting! Logging on at 7 (or as close as you can get in our case) does seem to be the trick as we've had 4-5 hour waits previously before getting disconnected. We were able to get all of our pre-selections - just not always for the exact times we wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter