DAS pre selected attractions

divingdad

Earning My Ears
I have planned dozens of Disney World trips for groups of various sizes. I am fairly comfortable with Genie +, LL, ILL, and virtual Queue planning. However, I have no experience with the DAS program. We are planning a trip in March 2023 including 2 Grandparents, 2 parents, and two children (3 & 8). Based on what I understand of the DAS requirements, I am fairly certain my 8 year old GS will qualify . We plan on preregistering for DAS at the 30 day window.

One question is about when the 30 day window begins. We are staying at a DVC resort but won't be going to a park for a few days after check in. Can we request DAS 30 days before check in or 30 days from our first park day? Not a big deal but would like to know. My other questions are regarding the DAS pre-selected attractions. Can I get 2 pre-selected attraction return times for each park when we sign up for the DAS pass, even though our last park day would be about 35 days out? My last questions (at least for now) are specifically about the pre-selected return times. I've read many posts on this and other forums but am still a little confused. Many people commented that the pre-selected return times were too late or at bad times and therefore went unused. How are these return times determined? Are the earlier requests given the earlier times, sort of like Genie+? Am I correct in saying that the pre-selected DAS return times are specific and DO expire but a DAS return time obtained in a park is open ended and valid until used?

I appreciate any information you may have on the topic. I hope I'm not over thinking this, as is my nature. LOL

Last edited:
Post #1 of THIS THREAD might be helpful; don't worry about the rest of that long thread but Post #1 has been kept updated.

DAS pre-registration opens 30 days prior to your first theme park day. Note that the WDW website states all visit days must be within 30-2 days of your video chat; YMMV as some have been able to book the DAS Advanced Reservations at 30-days from the 1st park day but others have been told to reconnect when the rest of their visit falls inside that window. I would not expect to make them as far out as 35 days. You may need to reconnect to chat maybe once a week or so if your visit is that long.

Personally, I recommend considering DAS Advanced Times as "bonus" because many people are simply finding the times do not end up fitting into their plans once in the park. The return times offered are somewhat limited and I believe they are essentially first-come first-served, but not exactly like Genie+ because you can request "evening" even if "morning" times are available -- but once the limited slots are booked by other guests those times are no longer available. Registering at 30 days out is likely to give you more options but it still may not fit your plans.

I just got DAS for my 13 year old on Saturday. You need too do it 30 days or less out from your first park day. Once we got the DAS I dealt with the advanced reservations. They were willing to do my first 7 park days. I have to do my 8th after we use our first day of DAS advanced reservations according to the cast member I dealt with.

What happened for me is the cast member sent me a form to fill out for 3 days at a time. I had the choice of morning, afternoon or evening and I put in my child’s top 3 choices for each day. she and I went over it before I started dealing with the chat. We didn’t always get her top 2 choices, but we did get 2 of the 3 choices we put in each time. The times varied for afternoon from between noon and 5. Overall I was happy with the times we got. After the cast member did our first 3 days they sent me a new copy of the form for the next three days. For our 7th day they just asked for the info in the chat window.

It was a remarkably easy process once I talked to a cast member and they approved my child for their DAS.

In my most recent time the first CM would only do the one park day within the 30 day window. I got online the next day and that CM did all 5 remaining days so it definitely varies per CM.

We did it 30 days out right at 7am and were able to book for our entire trip (7 park days). I read the thread here so was prepared with a list of our top attractions (We had back up's for our back up's just in case lol) and an idea if we wanted morning or afternoon. Each ride we were given a one hour time slot to return. We connected with the chat right at 7am, received our first message at 7:12am, were done with the photo, video chatting, and selection by 7:30am. When we got to WDW, the DAS pass showed up on our MDE app and we were able to make selections day of as well. Those all had a "return any time after" time.

I did mine a few days after registering. I wasn't able to make them after the video chat. Not sure why. But I really did not care at first and wasn't going to bother but then I thought I would give it a shot. Got an agent right away around 10am and the whole process took about 30 min. I got all my days done and all rides and requested time frames were available so it worked out in the end. It's just time consuming waiting for the agent as they are helping multiple people at once.

If you can get registered and do your selections close to 30 days you should get what you want. This past trip I had a very hard time registering (due to it being for a kid and school/work limiting times I could try and getting timed out in the evenings) so I ended up not completing it until about 7 days before and could not get what I had wanted (but it didn't ruin the trip as someone said, it's bonus). You can also only get it for the park you are registered for not a park you are hopping to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter