Dates with less crowds?

Whitaker24

Mouseketeer
When is the best times to travel to Disney? Went end of sept-oct in 08. Even if we have to take kids out of school we want little heat as possible an smaller crowds? What week is the best to go? Free dining would be great too!

When is the best times to travel to Disney? Went end of sept-oct in 08. Even if we have to take kids out of school we want little heat as possible an smaller crowds? What week is the best to go? Free dining would be great too!

I think mid to late january would be ideal. Cool weather low crowds and usually FD offered.

January actually isn't a popular time for free dining in the last few years. There are websites that list when Disney has had certain promotions (and when those promotions were released) for the last few years. I'm not sure I can post links here though.
From what I've seen mid-November through early December and September seem like popular times for free dining.
As far as weather with smaller crowds, definitely end of January-early February. We went Jan 31- Feb 7 and most days the weather was gorgeous. Comfortable temps and very little rain. The crowds were very manageable with only a few rides with waits longer than 20 minutes.

Take that back ;) looks like January had some free dining in 2011 and 2012...just not in 2013 or 2014. So it's possible.

I absolutely loved our trip but one thing to point out about January/February...refurbishments! The big pool at Port Orleans French Quarter was closed (and I'm sure other resorts but we stayed at Riverside so that is one I know for sure), Splash Mountain, Barnstormers...if you go this time of year you are much more likely to run into ride closures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter