Dave's a legend on Cruise Critic, too!

Pugdog007

<font color=6666FF>Volunteer Alabama Pug Rescue<br
From the Cruise Critic board:

Great tips wovenwonder!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Jody! I recognized you from another board, and had to reply! I've been reading the CC boards for over a year now, and have never posted, but I had to comment on how wonderful and thorough all your tips for Disney cruisers are--first timers as well as vets! You can get so much more out of your cruise by researching and asking questions--knowing what to expect before you go can really help make your vacation a "don't worry, be happy" one. I'll be looking forward to more of your posts. Even tho' I've cruised Disney before, I'm always up for hearing about others' experiences and opinions. You really put a lot of work into your post. Are you sure you're not really Dave from Marietta?
Kim

Disney Wonder 5/13/01
Disney Magic 6/1/01

posted 01-04-02 02:03 PM

Yup - I saw this post last night too. He's quite a guy. And very quick in replying. Thanks for all your help Dave. Its much appreciated.

Hello, It's ME - Wovenwonder...... I coudl NEVER live up to the wealth of info that Dave from Marietta provides!! I feel sooooo bad for the people that only know about the cruise critic boards, and don't know about these great DIS boards. I try to pop on over there once a week or so, and leave info for them. I often send them to Dave's website also!;) . I did get my fingers slapped by the moderators on the cruise critic board for referring people to the DIS boards though!! I told them that I also refer many people to their boards also - and that is how I found cruise critic, by a recommendation on THESE boards - go figure.:rolleyes:

LOL!!!!
Dave is definitely a legend...when I get an email regarding a question that I cannot answer, I always refer them to these boards and specifically mention Dave as THE source for info. on almost everything!!! Thank goodness there is such an excellent resource...he is definitely the Oracle of DIS. I am continually amazed by the information he ferrets out. My favorite is still the website that tells when sunset will occur on a given date.
Barb

Barb,
I always include your website in my referrals as well!! When I was first searching on the web last year for DCL sites, I accidentally happened upon your site! Boy, was I every lucky:) . I refer back to your site often, and look forward to your updates. And thanks to your links, I found the wonderful DIS boards too!

Hi everyone! I'm the one who replied to wovenwonder's (hi Jody!) original post on the Cruise Critic message boards. I recognized her from the DIS boards, but wasn't sure if I could mention The DIS by name. I knew she'd get the Dave from Marietta reference, tho'. His knowledge always amazes me, and I continue to reference his and Inkognito's sites often. They, along with others on the DIS, really helped me plan for our first Disney cruise. Wovenwonder is really trying to get the info. out over on Cruise Critic boards, and did such a thorough post on the many facets of Disney cruising. She's right, they don't get a whole lot of info. on the Disney board there. I do like reading the other cruiselines' boards, though. It's interesting to hear about people's opinions and experiences on other ships. :)

I wouldn't dare to presume that being compared to Dave_from_Marietta is a compliment, but if it is, then it is a compliment that's well-deserved for Jody, aka Wovenwonder. Jody's been a great resource on these boards and has been very helpful in answering all of those questions that come up on a regular basis. Also, very polite and welcoming to all the newbies.

Way to go, WW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter