DavIfer 10.6.12* at home Disney Magical wedding

lilsqueakrr

DIS Veteran
If your name is David you may NOT look any further! There are pictures of the dress in here & if you ruin it I may have to hurt you!! =] Loves you!

*Note: Name changed so it's harder for people to search & I borrowed Amber's idea.. :rolleyes1

Hii! So I'm relatively new to the boards & I've been so engrossed in reading everyone else's PJ that I haven't been able to create my own! Woops! Well my fiancée is running late so I figured now is better than ever to get it started!

Here's the beginning of it all..
It's kinda funny as to how we met.. It all started back on good ol MySpace! We can't remember exactly who added who, but all we know is that is where it all started. We began to chat on there and then slowly graduated to AIM conversations almost everyday. He wanted to meet up but I wasn't exactly ready to meet some stranger off the internet face to face? Then a little while later he began to date someone and did for about four years. During that four years we would loose touch on and off but always somehow found our way back to each other? Dave ALWAYS wanted to meet up with me, even though he had a girlfriend and always told me that it was completely harmless, but I had my guard up (for good reasons!) and wouldn't budge. At one point I just didn't get this kid! I would always tell my mom about him and be like god he won't leave me alone, what the hell do I have to do for this kid to get the damned point!

We always talked to each other about relationship issues and such, so we pretty much knew everything about each other. I always remember him trying to call me but I would NEVER answer the phone! I used the excuse of 'I don't like my voice', when in reality I saw no point in talking to him other than texting because I have no intentions of meeting up with him because he had a girlfriend. His girlfriend and him were always on and off and when they were off he always found me and tried to hang out. I refused. I knew it was a matter of time and then they would get back together, which always happened.

I finally was just like listen, I'll be in your area, let's meet up at Starbucks for some coffee on such date and get this over with. Well, he responded with well I don't want to do it in my town because I don't want anyone to see us together. So my first thought was umm okay shady mcshaderson, seeee you later! And that was that. I hadn't talked to him for quite some time after that.

Out of the clear blue in May 2010 I get a message from Dave saying that his girlfriend and him finally had broken up and it was a mutual breakup and how he wanted to take me out to dinner. Well he couldn't have timed it worse! I had just gotten out of a 'relationship' and had sworn off the male species after being d*cked over for the last time. I had had it. So I get this email and my first thoughts were 'are you kidding me?' I told him to text me later on during the week and maybe we'll set something up.

A few days later I had him meet me at my house because I was outside washing my cars. I had my mom outside with me so what was the worse that could happen? My mom couldn't believe I was meeting him looking the way I did! Leggings, bright yellow tshirt, hair all a mess, no makeup. Yep. The epitome of sexy! ha. I had no intentions of being anything more than friends with him and after all if he doesn't like me at my worst, well then who needs em!

After that day I still was a little unsure of him.. we hung out with a bunch of my friends a day or so later and I was still iffy. That weekend following I went down to his house and we spent some time with each other, with nobody else around, and from that day forward we have been inseparable ever since!

dsny_156.jpg

The engagement came about in November.. November 4, 2010 to be exact! ;D Day of the dead too! Go figure? haha. I thought it was kinda interesting.. we both love Mexican culture & it's all about reincarnation right? So we are starting anew in a way?? But here's the story..
My proposal was definitely one that I will never forget and I don't think he will either! He didn't even know that he was going to propose to me that day!

I had just gotten off of the phone with my doctor and had gotten somewhat of bad news, needing a few more tests and such. I was with my boyfriend, Dave, and immediately turned to him to tell him the news as tears began to form in my eyes. Dave comforted me and, of course, told me that everything was going to be okay. I finally get rid of my tears and he tells me to close my eyes he has a surprise for me! I was like no way, not closing them you have to be kidding me right?? He's like just close them and don't peek!! So, I reluctantly shut my eyes and put my hands over my eyes, I peeked a few times but couldn't see anything going on! He was too far over in his room. A minute or so later he's back in front of me and tells me how we've known each other 5 years and these past 6 months have been the most amazing months of his life and he never wants to loose me. Next thing I know I open my eyes, he's on one knee, and has a blue box in his hand! I almost died! Just talking about it now I'm getting all choked up!! I was like are you kidding me?! Right now you're doing this?! haha. Then he says the.. will you marry me? And I of course answered yes! Tears, hugs, and kisses all around after he placed the ring on my finger! And a few minutes later, he's like ummm are you even going to look at the ring?! I totally forgot to look at it! I didn't care what it looked like! I finally had the man of my dreams fooorever!!!

PS. The stupid nurse who called me actually told me the results in the worst way possible. & all is clear! No worries, so I told him he proposed for nothing! ha. He asked for the ring back but I told him no way, unless he wanted to repropose in Disney. ;D

DisneyPhotoImage15.jpg

wntr_078.jpg

wntr_094.jpg

Planning Journal Index
Getting to know Jenifer & David

Planning The Wedding
[*]Floral Decor page 49 / part 2 / page 53
[*]Booked our Florist! page 53

Engagement Goodies

Bridal Fashion

Bridesmaids/FlowerGirl/Groomsmen

Do-It-Yourself
  • Engagement Party Decorations, etc page 38 / page 39
  • Invitations/Paper Goods *to be done
  • Save The Dates page 51

Back in July we had booked our FIRST Disney trip together as a couple. Woohoo! Naturally I was TOTALLY stoked. How could I not be? He was excited too. Most of my reason was due to the fact that this was his first trip back to Disney since he was 6 years old! Time for me to go planning nuts! Yahoo! ha. My father had warned him multiple times up until we said goodbye through security at the airport for him to just let me go & for him to go with it. I'm a Disney freak & know all of the ins & outs. hehe. I love my dad. :lovestruc haha.

I originally thought he was actually going to propose in Disney World.. which he really wanted to. At Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party to be exact.. during the fireworks. But he couldn't resist, the ring was burning a hole in his pocket & he didn't know how to get it down there without me seeing it or him loosing it. But hey he tried! I keep telling him he coulda done it over using a ring pop. ;D Which he responded with.. well I'm sure we'll be back before the wedding. Hm.. news to me? haha. ;D But I'll go with it!

We were in Disney from December 5-11 & it was by far one of my BEST trips yet! I had so much fun, we had so much fun! I'm slowly bringing him to the dark-side as he says... but hey we have the mouse! =P Here are a few pics from our first trip for you guys to enjoy! I gotta say I am in LOVE with some of the PhotoPass pictures we had taken! They came out great! ;D
We also had a portrait session done at the Grand Floridian which came out great, even though it was FREEEEZING COLD! If you zoom in on the outdoor ones you can see our goosebumps! haha. Next time we'll bring 2 outfits!

DisneyPhotoImage18.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage26.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage282.jpg

Photo0012FourBySix.jpg

Photo0024FourBySix.jpg

Photo0026FourBySix.jpg

Photo0123FourBySix-1.jpg

Photo0126FourBySix.jpg

Photo0143FourBySix.jpg

Photo0157FourBySix.jpg

Photo0195FourBySix.jpg

Photo0201FourBySix.jpg

Photo0204FourBySix.jpg

Photo0206FourBySix-1.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage222.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage21copy.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage21copy.jpg

While we were there I kept hinting of a Disney wedding.. & he has no problem with it. The only issue.. travel. His mother won't fly, she can't drive down because it's too long & she has a bad back. Plus my grandmother is 86 years old & the woman aint getting on a plane anytime soon. We were both a smidge upset.. but decided.. a DisneyMoon is a MUST. Plus if the memories package is still available we can do that so I can still get my castle pictures in my gown! Or a vow renewal for our 1 year anniversary with whoever wants to travel. Yay! ;D So instead.. we're going to attempt to bring the magic to us! ;D

Congratulations!!!! I like you would like to get married in Disney but unfortunately don't have the funds to do so. I keep bringing up a vow renewal to DF and he says lets get through the first wedding before we even think about that. LOL!!!

Can't wait to read all your plans!!

Congratulations!!!! I like you would like to get married in Disney but unfortunately don't have the funds to do so. I keep bringing up a vow renewal to DF and he says lets get through the first wedding before we even think about that. LOL!!!

Can't wait to read all your plans!!

Thanks PixieGirl! It's not even the funds we're worried about with the Disney wedding. It's a few of the KEY attendees to make it there. =]
Plus DF doesn't have much of a choice.. I basically told him the renewal WILL happen there. haha. ;D

So when we started to look for venues, & I knew that Disney World was out of the question, I immediately knew that I wanted to find some place that simulated something from Disney. We look at a few venues that looked like castles, but the prices were ridiculous & our guests would have to be separated into 2 different rooms. (big Italian family means our list is over 200 people!) Not going to happen!

We then decided that's it we're going to the beach! We located a few venues located on the beach here in New Jersey. We visited a place & it automatically reminded me of something you would find Prince Eric's dining room to look like. Ariel is my favorite princess so if possible I wanted to have myself an Ariel/Eric wedding.

So the wedding will be held at Merri Maker's at the Water's Edge in Sea Bright on October 6, 2012! Ceremony will be on the beach & the cocktail hour on a deck overlooking the beach. The venue is actually located directly on the beach. So I'm pretty excited.

This is the view when you pull up to the venue..
merrimakers01.gif

The ceremony..
merrimakers04.jpg

View from the beach..
merrimakers03.jpg

The reception room..
merrimakers02.gif

We've also figured out our color scheme. We wanted to do fall but also keep it kinda of beachy at the same time.. The actual shades may change a bit but here's a general idea so far. =]
ColorScheme.jpg

woohoo! So exciting. hehe. Next up is all the stressful stuff! We have a DJ, he's amazing! & are beginning to look for photographers. I'm also beginning to work on finding some Save The Dates.. so we shall see how they end up! Stay tuned!

Oh & here are some Christmas goodies I bough for the DF & myself.. ;D I couldn't resist!
tshirts.jpg

LOVE your story and all your plans so far!! I am also a Disney fanatic, but due to circumstances with guests, and money I am having an at-home Disney wedding as well.... and I just booked our DisneyMoon!!

Ariel is also my favorite princess, and I absolutely LOVE your venue! It looks beautiful and perfect for the Little Mermaid feel! :goodvibes

I am def going to have a vow renewal in Disney as well.. no exceptions.. even if it will just be me and DF... :D

Can't wait to hear about all your plans!! You wedding date is 2 days before my birthday!

@sw33t_angel thanks so much for all your sweet compliments! =] I have a feeling our vow renewal may actually be about 10-15 people. I know a few who already said they will definitely be there! lol. Too funny. We should definitely share ideas then! ;D

Congratulations! Everything looks fantastic! Love your story and your color scheme...We got married on our 1 year anniversary at Disney and it was a-mazing!
Can't wait to read more! :wizard:

I love your venue!!! It is perfect for an Ariel wedding. Your colors are awesome too. Can't wait to see what else you come up with!!!

Thanks everyone for your sweet compliments! Our next mission is a wedding logo & some save the dates... ruh roh.. haha..

Okay, so I've been antsy to try on wedding gowns since I got the ring on my finger! But I'm super hesitant about doing it so early.. I still have a year & a half & then some until the wedding. My mothers been up my butt like crazy asking me when we're going.. but I honestly want to wait until at least April.

I don't want to buy my dress now & then have buyers remorse? Or not ordering the dress because I want to wait.. then finding out that it's been discontinued? I need help & others opinions! What did you girls do about your dress??:confused3

Okay, so I've been antsy to try on wedding gowns since I got the ring on my finger! But I'm super hesitant about doing it so early.. I still have a year & a half & then some until the wedding. My mothers been up my butt like crazy asking me when we're going.. but I honestly want to wait until at least April.

I don't want to buy my dress now & then have buyers remorse? Or not ordering the dress because I want to wait.. then finding out that it's been discontinued? I need help & others opinions! What did you girls do about your dress??:confused3

I'm kind of dealing with this, too. I started trying on dresses after he bought the ring four years before we were even planning on getting married. I found my dress after three months of looking.

The waiting is a killer, and I just found out that--with one year to go before ordering and two years before the wedding--my shop might not keep the dress (it's a Casablanca, so they don't discontinue, but the shop drops gowns after so lang). I call about once a month just to make sure it's still there because I don't want to order two years in advance. I might order this summer just to put myself at ease.

If you want to wait, explain to your mom (or anyone else who asks) that you don't want to have to worry about loosing *the* dress if you find it right away. If they're worried about you not finding one in time, go in February or March as a compromise.

Good luck with whatever you choose. And, remember: it's your wedding and your dress. Trust yourself. :goodvibes

I ordered my dress about 11 months in advance. My advice would be have a day where you just go try on dresses at a few stores. When I put on my dress, I immediately knew that it was the one. I'd been to 2 stores before alfred angelo, (where I bought mine) and when I tried the dress I bought on, I immediately knew I wouldn't have buyers remorse and that I didn't need to try any others on. This could happen to you as well! I've heard it many times! Good luck! :)

Okay so, when I first began wedding planning I decided I wanted to do something different for my girls, other than the simple asking them outright. Wanted to give a gift or a trinket of some sort to remember me asking them to be part of my special day. Welp, me being me, I never do anything easy.. but here is what I've come up with so far! These are the little cards that I will be attaching onto the gifts once they're all together.. (the pictures of the gifts will be posted when totally completed. =])

Allison.jpg

Christine.jpg

Also came up with these to include with the save the dates.
weddingwebsite.jpg

Yay! Let me know what you think. =]

LOVE!!!! :) Those are so creative and cute!!!! PERFECT! :goodvibes

Now, are you going with a general Disney theme? Or are you still trying to incorporate The Little Mermaid?

LOVE!!!! :) Those are so creative and cute!!!! PERFECT! :goodvibes

Now, are you going with a general Disney theme? Or are you still trying to incorporate The Little Mermaid?

Once we really get into the invitations & such we'll know a little bit more as far as the Little Mermaid is concerned. But I think we're sticking with pixie dust, hidden Mickeys, & touches of Disney. The only Little Mermaid I really want is a cake topper! =P So we'll see! haha.

I'd love to do Ariel.. but there's not much out there with her. =[

Okay, so here are my finished projects! =] They're so cute! I just have to print out the little cards I last posted & attach them with some ribbons!

wddg_001.jpg

wddg_002.jpg

wddg_005.jpg

I LOVE the way they came out. I'm totally thinking of doing some bride & groom ones too! Or even charging to make custom ones for other people! hehe. Let me know what you think! =]

Taking those bride and groom requests yet??? :rotfl:

I love those!!! If I had bridesmaids I would totally have you do some for me!!

You are so creative!!!! LOVE them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter