Davy Crockett Ranch FAQ & Information Thread

*Alamo Trading Post Store*
Quite a large store selling provisions as well as a variety of souvenirs and Disney merchandise.
If you use the shopping delivery service at the park you will pick your goods up here later in the evening.

As stated in the FAQ :thumbsup2

This website might be of interest but it is in French. The English pages are still under development.

Also here is a link to someone's visit :)

The company that runs the Davy Crockett Adventure has an interesting website, and even my *extremely* marginal French was enough to let me muddle through.

I checked April 30, as had been specified in the brochure mentioned above in this thread, but found that the company doesn't have bookings for DCA until 6 April, nearly a week after our departure.

Oh well. That's the thing about going to Disney on vacation; you can't ever do it all! Thanks for all the info, folks!

Is there any WiFi access at DCR? (or at the parks or Village?)

Mike:)

Is there any WiFi access at DCR? (or at the parks or Village?)

I don't think there is at DCR, but I'd never had the need to use it on holiday. bavaria I'm sure had a post about WiFi. I'll see if I can find it :)

Hi, think I read somewhere about there being a tree-top/rope adventure activity at DCR run by a separate does anyone have any details on this, and if it exists what age range it is suitable for???

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me whether the 2 bed cabins have a minimum occupancy requirement?

There are 6 of us (me,hubby,2 sons aged 10 and 7 (will have his 8th birthday whilst we are at Disneyland !), and my parents.)

We are currently deciding whether to stay at the Disneyland Hotel for 3 days/2nights (I like the idea of being at the entrance and also the advantage of the Disneyland Hotel fastpasses) and then go somewhere cheaper away from Disneyland for the rest of the week - or to book Davy Crockett for the whole week. The thing is I would like to book my parents separate accommodation as although they love their grandchildren to bits - for their sanity and enjoyment I think it would be best that they can get away if need be !

The reason I am looking at the 2 bed cabins is that reading other reviews it would appear that the 1 bed cabins are now getting pretty old and showing it ! Can anyone who has been recently tell me if this is the case? - and also if there is any minimum occupancy on the cabins? (We will have 4 of us in one and 2 in the other)

Thanks very much
xx

Can anyone tell me whether the 2 bed cabins have a minimum occupancy requirement?
We saw families split the stay with the teenagers in one cabin while others were in another.
If you book for 2 cabins you'll be charged for the two, whereas all 6 of you could if you wish stay in one cabin. Really a choice of costs versus space and privacy :)

The reason I am looking at the 2 bed cabins is that reading other reviews it would appear that the 1 bed cabins are now getting pretty old and showing it !
That has been our experience. Although when we when for 11 days the saving for the 1 bedroom was significant compared to the 2 bedroom that we had initially booked. From memory 11 days 1 bed = 7days 2 bed :)

As I'm losing imagestation (in 6 days) I've moved the photos to photobucket.
For speed I've not had a chance to resize them.

Not sure exactly what you' re referring to but guests were given a number to key into the barrier to be able to drive into the site. I wouldnt have thought it was the type of place just anyone wandered into as its quite a walk from the gate to the first lot of cabins

As with anywhere I suppose its keep valuables out of sight in the cabins

Thanks for the reply :)

You've answered my question as i was just worried that the cabins are in the middle of nowhere and anyone can wander around.

Lisa x

Hello,

I was just wondering what the security is like at the DCR ??

Lisa x

Have a look at the map on the front page. There is a security guard and barrier system at the front entrance. The security guard logs your registration number and you will show your hotel id every time you enter. This is in line with the process at the Disney hotels.

Further up the road there is a key entry barrier which the code gets changed weekly.

We've never had any reservations about feeling secure :goodvibes

hiya - just been to DCR last week and 3 things I thought might be helpful:
1. Ask at Reception when you check in if you want a maid to come in and clean and change towels etc. It's free but they don't offer it unless you ask! We found out on the last day :rolleyes:
2. At the Bike Barn in the evening (7-10ish) it's set up for kids to play, read, colour in etc, under the watch of a CM. We asked if we could go and have a drink at the bar while our guys were there and the CM said no problem, that's what it was there for! We only stayed 10 mins at the bar but the kids would have been happy with longer I think. They came away with balloons and sweets. :yay:
3. Use the phone in your cabin if you have any probs (e.g. ants!) as the switchboard is quick and efficient. Don't just pop into reception on your way past - we tried that and it took half an hour in the queue behind families checking in! :rolleyes1

Thanks for the input :)

Ask at Reception when you check in if you want a maid to come in and clean and change towels etc. It's free but they don't offer it unless you ask!
We've always been offered this and used it a few times throughout our stay. Remember that they need 24 hours notice :)

A few new things we learnt on this trip
Characters come out in the eves at 7,8 and 9pm
On the information board outside the swimming pool they have the 3 day weather forecast and charcter times
Differences between 1 bed and 2 bed cabins
The 2 bed had a safe in the double room,
Kids bunkbeds in 2 bed had little lights above the pillow area-kids really liked this feature as they like a light on at night
Full size fridge and kettle in 2 bed
And also no toaster -it seems they are for hire now
Hope that helps
I`ll scan in the recent leaflet soon and post it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter