Day 1 Check in HRH & rain rain rain

Mushu2u

Earning My Ears
Cast
Me 44 yr old IOA virgin
DS 40 Lil Sister

This was our annual sisters weekend get away, I left from South Florida, my sister from North Florida. We meet at the HRH at about 11:30 AM on Saturday our room was not yet ready, so they gave us a room key not assigned to any room for us to use at the parks. We headed straight for IOA since I had never been before. First we hit the Hulk, I was worried about FOTL after reading so many posts about it being changed...Well we waited maybe 10 minutes at the most, and this was the longest wait we experienced on any of the rides for our time there. Well back to the Hulk...neither my DS or I had eated any breakfast or lunch that day as we were both very excited, So the Hulk did a number on my stomach. I have read many posts on how great this ride is comparing the take off to that of Rocking Rollercoaster at Disney...Well my expert opinion after riding the Hulk 4 maybe 5 times this weekend is that although the Hulk is a great coaster I believe the take off of Rocking Roller coaster is faster.
Well we deceided that we better eat some luch before we tried any more rides, So off to Dagwoods we go I had the "Tootsie" which was very good and my DS had the "Dagwood" which was also very good we both had the potatoe salad it was also very good, we shared a "mile high apple pie" I didn't think it was sweet enough. We walked from Toon Lagoon to Jurassic Park, we had deceided to wait to do any of the water rides until later in the afternoon, so we could go back to the room and change after our room was ready. I guess I didn't remember reading the posts on the River Adventure cuz we went on it next !!! needless to say we did get wet !!! but it was a good ride. We walked around Jurassic Park for a bit then went over to Dueling Dragons, first we did Fire then it was on to Ice...both were great and no wait at all
We then meaandered into Seuss Landing DS said "lets do Cat in The Hat" I said sure...well here goes my stomach again !!!!!
It was now about 4PM and we had already rode so many of the rides. We went back to the HRH to check in, "Wayne" helped us get everything in order, there were no upgrades available, but we did get our fruit basket about an hour later, it was very nice with grapes, apples, oranges and a pear. Now keep in mind we made our reservations several months ago, so they knew we were coming!!!!! our room was 5002 all the way down to the very end of the hall, it was supposed to be a garden view...well our view was of a very ugly red roof and some tree tops !!!! I called down to the desk to find out what the deal was, they told me that this room WAS considered a garden view, I told them how dissappointed I was in that we had made our Ressies so far in advance and it seemed like we got the "left over"room.. She was very nice and said she understood, there were no other rooms available, but if it was ok she would move us to a "pool view" in the morning. I said this was fine.
All in all the room was very nice..considering the view. We got ourselves settled as much as we could knowing we would be moved the next day.
We headed back over to IOA and walked around and rode Hulk again, Read the menue at Mythos and several other resturants in the park, then decieded to go eat at Hard Rock Cafe, Well we got right in even though there was a line waiting to get in...just showed our magic card and away we went...We both ordered the pig sandwhich, which neither of us really liked, our waiter was the funniest guy, he really made the time we spent there very enjoyable.
Well it was a long day, so we headed back to our room, I made us a couple of drinks and we watched the fireworks from our window. The beds are all everyone says they are..they are soooooo compfy we both fell asleep and slept through the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter