Days after Memorial Day

MudQueen22

DIS Veteran
We are deciding which days to book our WDW trip for summer of 2022.

One option is to travel during Memorial Day weekend (it takes us two days to get there), and make our first park day the day after Memorial Day. We would stay until the middle of the following week.

Another option is to just stay home the week of Memorial Day, travel during the following weekend (I'm guessing the weekends are busier in the parks), and make our first park day the first Monday in June. We would then depart WDW for home in the middle of the following week. (Ten nights at WDW; 8 park days).

Traveling during the school year is not an option for us. Our last school day is the Friday before Memorial Day.

You may want to look at the previous Gay Days festivities if you're thinking of going the first week of June. The celebration brings in a lot of people. They usually designate a park per day and that park gets jammed up with extra people.

You may want to look at the previous Gay Days festivities if you're thinking of going the first week of June. The celebration brings in a lot of people. They usually designate a park per day and that park gets jammed up with extra people.
I didn't think about that. Is there a way to find out far enough in advance which park they plan to designate each day? If so, are the other parks okay?
Are the Gay Days festivities the first full week of June, or the May/June partial week?

I didn't think about that. Is there a way to find out far enough in advance which park they plan to designate each day? If so, are the other parks okay?
Are the Gay Days festivities the first full week of June, or the May/June partial week?
All I know is that it’s usually the first weekend of June. You can probably Google WDW Gay Days and find out.

We always go Memorial Day week. Just don’t go to MK on Memorial Day. The later you go the more kids are out of school so the higher the crowds. If Gay Days correspond to the same week I just make sure we go to a different park than their scheduled park. My DD is 14 and this is the first year she has noticed them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter