DCL/Cruise Swap~COMPLETED

morgansmom2000

DIS Veteran

Due date: August 31
July 20 - Verify groups
July 30 – Last call for Angels
August 15

Mail by: August 24

1. Select groups. Each element should be embellished 1-2 different ways.
2. PM me with your DIS name, name and address.
3. Post your status on the Progress thread - which will be posted after the slots are filled. Check-ins are required to make sure we haven't lost anyone and that swappers are still able to fulfill their commitment. I will pm you if you do not check in. If you don’t respond within 48 hours of the pm, I will angel your spot. Just let me know if you’re going to be out of town during a check in and I’ll take care of that!
4. Check the progress thread for your status - it will be updated with ship info and received info.
5. PM me if you have problems and need to drop out or if an emergency happens (we all know things happen beyond our control sometimes), let me know so we can make arrangements for an angel or other help if needed.
6. HAVE FUN!!

Here are the elements to choose from (if you have another idea for an element, let me know and I will add it).

Please, no hand lettering on any items, use computer fonts, rub-ons, stamps, etc.

Embellished means using brads, eyelets, charms, ribbon, 3D stickers (matted stickers are okay too), specialty paper, embossing, stickles, etc.

Element Selection:
  • Photo Mats – 2PP to fit a 4x6 photo, double matted and embellished.
  • Topper – 1PP double matted and embellished OR TITLE LETTERS at least 1 ¼ inch with shadow. If you do the letters, please let me know what it spells. You can a traditional "topper" OR you can do a topper/signage piece (welded letters, etc.) It’s up to you!
  • Journaling Box: 1PP at least a 3x3 writing area, double matted and embellished with actual journal area placed on top of the two mats
  • Borders – 1 set PP (2 borders) double matted and embellished
  • Tag: 1 PP large tag 4.5-5 inches, 2 pp if smaller, double matted and embellished, include either ribbon/fiber or eyelet/brad in the hole. May include both...
  • Embellished Shapes/Squares: 4PP @ 1-1/2x1-1/2 or larger if you wish, double matted and embellished. These can be circles, squares, flowers, etc. be creative. If it is a shape that would not look right double matted please use your best judgment...Just make up for it in another way. Maybe make a few extra or throw in something extra.
  • Slide Mounts: 2PP be creative here please
  • File Folders or Matchbooks: 1 PP if medium size or lager, 2 pp if the smaller sized. Please make sure to enclose a blank page in the matchbook if this is the element you choose to do.
  • Library Pocket and Tag: 1PP embellished, no smaller than to hold 2x3 a tag that should have ribbon/fiber or eyelet in the hole
  • Shaker Box: 1PP be creative please
  • Paper Piecing: 1PP be creative please
  • License Plate: 1PP be creative please
  • Signage/Bookmark: 1PP 2x6, double matted and embellished
  • Song/Lyric/Poem: 1PP, double matted and embellished

PP = Per Person
Items in RED are items that are REQUIRED for each mini kit.

Packaging Instructions
Place your completed elements in a Ziploc bag with your DIS name and group number. Place all your baggies for a group in a GALLON size bag, and label with the same. Please use a gallon bag – even if your pieces are smaller and may not require it, the pieces you will be getting back may be bigger.

Postage:
Please include cash, check or stamps (No Click-it/ship-it postage). If you are in less than 4 groups, include $5.20 for the priority envelope. If you are in 4 or more groups, please include $10.95 for the medium box or $14.95 for the large box. I will be using Click-n-Ship to print postage online, so delivery confirmation will be free for those of you who use priority shipping. Any and all change will be returned.

A Final Note: This swap is a huge commitment of time and money for everyone involved as it takes a significant amount of both to create all of the pages and elements. Having said that, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not sign up for more than you can handle. It is not fair to me or the other participants to expend the time and money to make something for someone who does not reciprocate. We all want everyone to enjoy swapping but we also want you to think about what you are getting into when you sign up. The due date will not be extended.

Altered Letters 2" (All letters should be matted once and embellished once. Your mat should measure the 2").

Group 4: CASTAWAY CAY - FULL - Make 3 sets of 4 letters each
CW: Morgansmom2000
SA: StitchIsOurHero
YA: wdwmickey
AC: wdwmickey
AY: StitchIsOurHero
T + decorative element: morgansmom2000

Group 5: DISNEY CRUISE - FULL - Make 3 sets of 4 letters each
DY: Morgansmom2000
IC: StitchIsOurHero
SR: wdwmickey
NS: StitchIsOurHero
EU: wdwmickey
IE: morgansmom2000

Group 6: PIRATE - FULL - Make 6
P: StitchIsOurHero
I: LoveMy3Kiddos
R: Morgansmom2000
A: LoriABil
T: wdwmickey
E: AlexWyattMommy

FYI - Restaurants on Each Ship:

Magic:
Animator's Palate
Goofy's Galley
Lumiere's
Palo
Parrot Cay
Pinocchio's Pizzeria
Pluto's Dog House
Preludes
Topsider's Buffet

Disney Wonder:
Animator's Palate
Beach Blanket Buffet
Goofy's Galley
Palo
Parrot Cay
Pinocchio's Pizzeria
Pluto's Dog House
Preludes
Triton's

Disney Dream:
Animator's Palate
Cabanas
Enchanted Garden
Palo
Remy
Royal Palace

Disney Fantasy:
Animator's Palate
Cabanas
Enchanted Garden
Palo

Current Shows:

Magic:
All Aboard: Let the Magic Begin
Disney Dreams - An Enchanted Classic
Remember the Magic: A Final Farewell
Twice Charmed: An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story
Villains Tonight

Wonder:
Disney Dreams - An Enchanted Classic
The Golden Mickeys
Toy Story - The Musical

Dream:
Disney's Believe
The Golden Mickeys
Villains Tonight

Fantasy:
Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular

Mini Page Kits (Groups A-K - Kit should consist of 2 photo mats, 1 title or title letters, 1 journal box, and 1 decorative element from the list. Items should be embellished as stated in the list.

Group A: Disney Magic FULL - Make 4 sets
1. Morgansmom2000 - Helmsman Mickey
2. Tigger1221 - On Deck
3. Stitch62 - Sailing with Mickey
4. wdwmickey - Magical Memories

Group C: Disney Dream FULL - Make 2 sets
1. Morgansmom2000 - Mickey's Pool
2. LoriABil - Aqua Duck

Group D: General DCL (terminal, stateroom, towel animals, sports on deck, DCL, spa, etc.) - FULL make 5 sets
1. Morgansmom2000 - Disney Cruise Line
2. Tigger1221 - Out at Sea
3. Stitch62 -
4. wdwmickey - Chillin' by the Pool
5. LoriABil - Bon Voyage

Group E: Castaway Cay FULL - Make 4 sets
1. Morgansmom2000 - Sand Castle
2. Tigger1221 - Beach Fun
3. Stitch62 - Family Vacation
4. wdwmickey - Goin' for a Swim

Group F: Restaurants/Food FULL - Make 3 sets
1. Morgansmom2000 - Animator's Palate
2. Tigger1221 - Ice Cream
3. LoriABil - Bon Appétit

Group H: Pirates FULL - Make 4 sets
1. LoveMy3Kiddos - Arrrrrr
2. wdwmickey - Treasure Hunt
3. Morgansmom2000 - Ahoy Matey
4. LoriABil - Yo Ho Yo Ho

Group I: Colors (beach, nautical, etc.) FULL make 5 sets
1. Morgansmom2000 - Beach Bum
2. LoveMy3Kiddos - Beachy Keen
3. Mommy2MRB - Cabin Fever
4. wdwmickey - Flip Flops
5. LoriABil - Cruise Wear

Group J. Special Events/ShowsFULL - Make 3 sets
1. Tigger1221 -
2. LoriABil - Buccaneer Blast
3. Morgansmom2000 - Fireworks at Sea

Group K. General Cruise - to be used for ANY cruise line, not just Disney FULL - Make 4 sets
1. Morgansmom2000 - Umbrella Drinks
2. Mommy2MRB - Anchors Away
3. LoveMy3Kiddos - Island Retreat
4. LoriABil - Splish Splash

Complete Page Group - Create a ONE page layout (12x12) of any theme relating to Disney Cruise Line. Include a title, at least 2 spots for photos, and one spot for journaling. Page should be embellished in a such a way that all the swapper needs to do is stick the pictures on and journal. Please be creative!! Check out any of the other completed page swaps for ideas.

Completed Page Group FULL - Make 3 pages
1. Morgansmom2000 - Paradise
2. wdwmickey - Sun, Sand & Sea
3. PrincessNancy96 - Characters

Groups verified
July 30th Check in and last call for Angels
August 15th Check in
August 24th Mail date
August 31st Received
Mailed to you
Received by you

morgansmom2000 – 4, 5, 6, A, C, D, E, F, H, I, J, K, Page Group
StitchisOurHero – 4, 5, 6
wdwmickey – 4, 5, 6, A, D, E, H, I, Page Group
LoveMy3Kiddos – 6, H, I, K
LoriABil – 6, C, F, H, J, D, I, K
AlexWyattMommy – 6
Tigger1221 – A, D, E, F, J
Stitch62 – A, D, E

Mommy2MRB – I, K
PrincessNancy96 - Page Group

I'll join the color and general groups for our HI cruise...

when are sign up's going to be???

I don't think there will be a mad rush for this swap, but I could be wrong...

I think there are a few out there with cruises planned!

question about titles on the color and general groups....

what do you think would work???

oh, and I'm okay with your mini kit idea!

I think there are a few out there with cruises planned!

question about titles on the color and general groups....

what do you think would work???

oh, and I'm okay with your mini kit idea!

Tropical colors, peaches, blues, tans.

Titles/Topics:
Beach Bum
Palm Trees
Relax
Sand in your toes
Swimming

Etc?

thanks....so if I choose blue, could do a water themed title, etc. got it!!!

Sure! Do you have the Pack Your Bags Cricut cart? Enabling ALERT! There are some really cool titles on it! Handbook

I think for those groups we'll take off the "Disney" colors. Just to keep it more generic for use with any cruise or beachy type trip.

Sure! Do you have the Pack Your Bags Cricut cart? Enabling ALERT! There are some really cool titles on it! Handbook

I think for those groups we'll take off the "Disney" colors. Just to keep it more generic for use with any cruise or beachy type trip.

well guess what I'm going to be buying! that looks like a great cart for trips and summer stuff!!!

that would work to take off the disney colors!!!

Hmmm. . .definitely in for the altered letters! Gotta see how much I can get finished in other groups, with school starting back August 1st (July 19th for me).

Wish I had another cruise booked so I could join : ( Maybe someday:confused:

I think you need to join and then book your cruise :)

Hmmm. . .definitely in for the altered letters! Gotta see how much I can get finished in other groups, with school starting back August 1st (July 19th for me).

Letters are so quick and easy :)

ordered it from hallmark scrapbook for $34.99 and its on its way already!!! so I can get started on this when we get back from NY!

:goodvibes

I would like to thank Jennifer and Lisa...I am awaiting a package now from Hallmark Scrapbook also. I looked at that cart and had to have it...never even saw it! I have not been on the Cricut website in so long...I have to see what else is new! Anyway, I wanted when I saw it this morning, but only found it for $55...too much. I never herd of Hallmark Scrapbook, so I checked it out and of course ordered!! LOL That's the first cart I bought since March! Thanks guys!! LOL It will be great for any beach photos and Poly and Ohana!!

As for this swap, I would like to join in the general things...Pirates, beachy...no cruise for us in th near future :sad2:

And, Cheryl is away, but I know she will want to get in on this as she cruises next year. How long will you keep it open Jennifer?

And, do you mind if I send this and the card candy back to you together?

That's it for me for now!

Thanks! (Enablers :rolleyes1)

I am defiantly in for some groups. I like the page kit idea and will do whatever. I wanted the Pack Your Bags cart but I already have Life's a Beach and really Really want Creative Memories Traveler. I will be out of town on Friday and may need a sign up buddy. I will have my iphone so could use that to sign up if I need too.

Your welcome Erin, happy we could help!!

I think Cheryl is back on Friday.....I can be a sign up buddy for anyone who needs one....

I also bought the Life is a beach today at my grocery store( like walmart only better)....for $24.99 on sale plus I had a $10.00 coupon if I spent $50.00 so figure I got it for 14.99!!! love the font on it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter