DCL Picture of the Day - Part 6

That is so interesting and neat. I had always thought that just the ones in captivity only had the bent fins.
Also super awesome to see an orca. We had been told on our Alaskan cruise that you only have a 10% chance of seeing Orca's. We totally lucked out and saw some though and I was so excited. Even the tour company seemed pretty excited.
Having seen some in captivity a long time ago, this bend is different. It only bends at the top, like a hook vs. the whole fin bending. Speaking from my expertise as an accountant.

Having seen some in captivity a long time ago, this bend is different. It only bends at the top, like a hook vs. the whole fin bending. Speaking from my expertise as an accountant.

That bigger bend CAN occur in nature as well. Size, bone and cartilage structure, etc. can all come into play.

Fun spots
36533558020_64baf3bd76_z.jpg

That is so interesting and neat. I had always thought that just the ones in captivity only had the bent fins.
Also super awesome to see an orca. We had been told on our Alaskan cruise that you only have a 10% chance of seeing Orca's. We totally lucked out and saw some though and I was so excited. Even the tour company seemed pretty excited.

That bigger bend CAN occur in nature as well. Size, bone and cartilage structure, etc. can all come into play.

It's my understanding that there is also a genetic component. As some of the whales at Sea World are related, the bend might be seen more often. In Orlando in the 90's, there were 2 adult females, one had a straight fin and the other had a curve. Their daughters matched them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter