DCL Transfers in Vancouver

Tay N Evie's Mom

DIS Veteran
We’re booked on the 9 night Alaska cruise this July. We can get a flight home at 1:35pm and are considering using DCL transfers from the ship back to the airport. I would like to hear feedback from anyone who used DCL transfers. Thanks so much!!😃

We ended up using a Taxi to get from the airport to our hotel before the cruise, and to the hotel we were staying at for one night after our 2022 Alaskan cruise, instead of using DCL transfers. For us, it was cheaper to tax a taxi then the DCL transfers, plus DCL didn't like that we were flying in 3 days early. The DCL transfer should be ok for your 1:35pm flight. We used DCL transfers on our Med Cruise in 2018 and they got us to the Barcelona airport in plenty of time for our 2pm flight home.

If I remember right, the suggestion was to get to the Vancouver airport 3 hours early for an international flight. So as long as you are at the airport by 10:30am you should be fine.

Psy

When you get off the ship there are taxi's waiting just outside the doors. It is cheaper I think it was a flat rate (I think $36 Canadian) last year from the port to the airport. It would probably be a little quicker than the bus. Here is picture of the taxi pick up area.
Vancouver Taxi - 1.jpeg

Looking at Vancouver Airport webpage, a Taxi should cost 41 Canadian dollars since it is a flat rate, which should convert to around $30.50 in US dollars. The website also states it should take about 30 minutes during regular traffic, to get from the port to the airport.

Psy

We used DCL transfers from the port back to the airport on our Alaska cruise 2 years ago and found it supper easy and very convenient and well worth the money.

We're on the same cruise!

I assumed we'd do taxi but does anyone know (roughly) how much the Disney transport costs?

Also, OP, there's apparently a train fairly close to the port that goes straight to the airport. That would be the cheapest option, but personally, I like to get to the airport as easily as possible at the end of my vacation.

I assumed we'd do taxi but does anyone know (roughly) how much the Disney transport costs?

Also, OP, there's apparently a train fairly close to the port that goes straight to the airport. That would be the cheapest option, but personally, I like to get to the airport as easily as possible at the end of my vacation.
Great to hear from another fellow Alaska cruiser. Per the DCL website it’s $25pp (for 2023) each way for transfers to and from the airport to the port.

The Skytrain terminal is about a 10-minute walk (roughly a 1/4 mile or so) from the cruise terminal. It is not a hard walk, but a lot of luggage can make it interesting :)

Psy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter