DCL Transport from WDW to PC

dreamer17555

DIS Veteran
So I have cruised DCL quite a bit (and even took a transfer using their service in San Juan) but I have never used DCL transportation from WDW. We have everything set up for the end of Feb sailing but I have a few questions-

When do they typically start collecting luggage? Do we need to be in the room when they come to collect it?

What time is typical for the bus pick up? (I know the bus might make multiple stops so even a window of time would be great)

I am trying to figure out a plan for breakfast and making sure we are where we need to be for the transportation. I was looking at Ale & Compass breakfast at 7:30 AM but we are staying at All Stars so want to make sure I am planning enough time. Would love any info!

I would not personally choose to book an ADR on your cruise day.

Luggage pickup normally begins at 7AM. You do not need to be in your resort room, they will just request you leave all luggage being transported, cruise tags attached and placed together under the window.

Transportation to the port is quite early which is why I would not recommend booking an ADR. We were picked up from All Stars last Feb and if I remember correctly, we were requested to be in the lobby shortly after 9AM.

Cabanas was open as soon as we boarded the ship so a light breakfast at All Stars was all we needed to hold us over until we boarded.

We stayed at Pop Century and the picked up the bags from our room at 7am and then we were told to meet in the lobby at 9:30 for a 10am departure. We got to Port Canaveral at 11:15 and was on the boat by 11:45 we had a few groups ahead of our assigned boarding time. Just remember is you are not there for check in and when the bus leaves you are on your own to get to Port Canaveral. Also I have seen a variety of pick up times and you dont know exactly till you get the email the day before.

They picked up our luggage around 7:30am and I think we're on the bus by 9:30. We arrived really early to port. There is a good description of the process here. I don't think I would make an ADR that morning there really isn't time, I would be stressed about missing the bus lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter