DCP Family/Friend room and ticket questions

traveljunkie

Mouseketeer
Hello,
My best friend's daughter started the DCP program in January and her mom has mentioned discounts available to family and friends. I don't want to bother my friend until I do a little research.

I am going to coastal Florida in July and we might make a detour to Orlando to visit with her. It would only be a one day visit. My DD would love to see her very good friend and maybe get a little first hand info about the DCP too.
I have many questions. :worship:
Are room discounts ever available in July? Only certain resorts?
She would have to make the reservation, can I pay with my credit card for deposit?
Do the DCP students have any say on their schedule--can they ask for a day off ahead of time?
We would only get a one day/one park ticket. Is the 10% good during peak days?

Thank you so much!!

My DD is currently in the DCP. She was able to schedule time off for our trip coming up in April. I believe the CPs can get a 40% discount for certain resorts throughout their time at Disney for friends and family. If the CP is staying with you, the discount is 50%. But it's not available for all resorts. I think it just depends on what is available for discount at that time. She can look on the HUB and see what's available for your dates. She would have to make the reservation for you, but she can use your credit card info to do that. My DD just did this for our family last week. I'm not sure about the ticket discount and black out days. I know there are black out days for their passes and their "friend and family" passes, but I have no idea what those dates are. Hope this helps a little!!

Heather

The discounted room availability changes all the time- often better choices closer to date as people cancel. Always a gamble and better to have a back-up plan. The 10% off tickets must be paid for by her at Company D and will be regular tickets with no blockout dates.

My girls have gotten most day off requests or been able to trade.

Thank you both! Good to know about the room--she is like a niece to us so she may want to stay with us onsite. So if she buys the tickets, does she need to be with us when we go to the park (we'd love to be WITH her but in case she can't get off)?
Thanks again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter