DD6 with a broken foot

KatieKate16

Mouseketeer
DD broke her foot on Sat and has a cast. We leave 5/2 for a mom/daughter trip. What can I expect? I'm thinking I need to come up with a wheelchair and will probably bring vs. renting.

Is she still going to be in the cast on 5/2? I broke my leg over the summer (tib/fib) and was only casted for 3 weeks. If so, I would reccommend getting the cast cover that allows you to shower and get the cast wet, even if it is just to put over it in case of a rain storm. Its kind of a pain to ensure that it stays dry, especially in the summer. Depending on the color of cast that she has, you could bring Sharpies and have the characters sign her cast.

I'm not sure if your daughter is into riding the coasters and wilder rides at the parks. I did not try any of the coasters since I knew what I was getting into and I was only 2 weeks post break so I wasn't riding anything too bumpy or jerky.

Have the person who will be removing the cast draw a line where it will be cut. Then make sure you have some large Sharpies with you. (They have to be large so the costumed Characters can easily hold them.) The characters will be more than willing to autograph the cast. Just warn them to not sign directly across the drawn line. Once the cast is removed your DD will have a very interesting souvenier of her trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter