DDA chapter 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
So DVC people talk to me, do you add the DDP? we have added the quick service plan. Do you eat any meals in the room? we are thinking of breakfast in the room as we are not big breakfast eaters.

I know some of you order from either garden grocer or we go shop. I am thinking that is a good way for John to get his Pepsi fix, anything eles I might need?

So DVC people talk to me, do you add the DDP? we have added the quick service plan. Do you eat any meals in the room? we are thinking of breakfast in the room as we are not big breakfast eaters.

I know some of you order from either garden grocer or we go shop. I am thinking that is a good way for John to get his Pepsi fix, anything eles I might need?

We don't do DDP because it doesn't come out as a good value for us. We don't eat anything in the room, except snacks. Once in awhile we will get something at the CS place at AKL and carry it back for lunch. Or sometimes we'll have our TS leftovers. That's about it.

We have never ordered groceries before, so I am no help with that.

We've added DDP in the past, and are going to try it without it this time around, we've purchased the TIW card. We've also ordered from Garden Grocer, as I would go in to Dr. Pepper withdrawal. We've used them twice and had great service both times, I also added a few toiletry items to the order so that I wouldn't have to pack them when we flew.

This trip we'll be doing a few meals in the room, we only have studio so it will be sandwiches and microwave stuff, we'll make a grocery run after we arrive. With the projected crowds our plans are to utilize the resort more than we normally would, I hope to do live updates on my trip report so you can see how we do if you want to read along.

Just to let everyone know, the dryer doesn't work if yo don't turn it on , :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I hope that's my last dumb*** move for today anyway!

We do Tables in Wonderland rather than the DDP. The DDP is just too much food. We also go for such a long period of time that we absolutely do some meals in the villa. I'm not big on eating out, so the tought of eating every meal out for 3 weeks is just too much for me.

Tammi the shower thing is funny. While the woman version is not even close to me, Chris said the Male version is pretty close to true :scared:

We do the DDP, because my kids are still "kids" and I can't beat the $10 a day for them. Once Nicholas turns 10, which will be Dec., we will use the TIW because it won't be worth $40 for him. Although he is a hefty eater, so I'll reevaluate that when the time comes.

The only thing we eat in the room is breakfast. Well, I should say "they" eat. I can't eat right away, just coffee for me. I buy milk, juice and cereal at the store in the resort. It's easier than ordering from a store for those three things that we need. With the DDP we are never hungry enough to need additional snacks/food/drinks in the room. We also throw some granola bars/poptarts/etc. in the suitcase on our way down.

The pool is opened, now we just have to wait for the chemicals to kick in and the water to clear up. The kids are already dying to go in, but it is so cold around here. Colby, Nick and I went shopping this afternoon while Hunter and Chris worked on wood. I managed to put together outfits for the boy's concerts and Nick's usher functions. He went with a couple of black shirts to go with his gray pants. He also found a black and white pinstripe hat and ordered shoes to match. He's calling it is mafia look. Colby's outfit is similar as he wants to be like his big brother.

We also picked up groceries while we were out. Now Nick is mowing the lawn. I really need to get out my sewing machine to shorten Colby's pants as I won't have time other than tonight.

I fear that our kitty may have a brain tumor. He is still having difficulty standing, one eye is watering and he has totally lost his hearing. Today I noticed that one side of his face is very swollen. On the bright side he has started eating better :confused3 I'll call the vet tomorrow to run everything by her.

Thank you Deb and Tammi.

We don't do a lot of TS so the TIW card is not an option that is why we like the CS plan, and if we decide to do a TS then we just pay OOP.

Well today wasn't as relaxing as I thought it was going to be. It was productive though. After church I went to the mall. I had to return a couple things that didn't fit the kids. I FINALLY found a pair of brown sandals (with a backstrap (stupid school rule)) for Alyssa that 1. actually fit and 2. she likes. I have been searching for over a month. I also got myself 5 new tops and 3 pair of shorts. $150 later, but all is good because I RARELY buy anything for myself, mainly because I can't find anything that fits right or that I like. I've started to shop in the juniors section and seem to be having better luck. Misses clothes seem too frumpy for me.

Well today wasn't as relaxing as I thought it was going to be. It was productive though. After church I went to the mall. I had to return a couple things that didn't fit the kids. I FINALLY found a pair of brown sandals (with a backstrap (stupid school rule)) for Alyssa that 1. actually fit and 2. she likes. I have been searching for over a month. I also got myself 5 new tops and 3 pair of shorts. $150 later, but all is good because I RARELY buy anything for myself, mainly because I can't find anything that fits right or that I like. I've started to shop in the juniors section and seem to be having better luck. Misses clothes seem too frumpy for me.

I agree, especially this season. I'm shopping juniors or athletic :thumbsup2

We stayed overnight with Chuck's mom Friday night. I put a filing system together for her. It was totally disorganized. We were supposed to come home after dinner last night. Instead we took her to the emergency room at dinner time. She couldn't put any weight on her left foot. She was diagnosed with cellulitis (infection of the tissue or something like that) and gout in her foot. She is totally bruised on her ENTIRE right side from the catheter when she had her pacemaker installed. I mean ENTIRE. I sure hope that she turns a corner soon. We came home this morning. We got here a little after noon. I'm going to get up at 4am and head to Lansing. I'll be there by noon.

Hi everyone! :wave2: Back home safe and sound to no dishes in the sink and all the laundry done! (Don't I have a great husband??) :teeth: I'll post pics as soon as I can get them uploaded.

We stayed overnight with Chuck's mom Friday night. I put a filing system together for her. It was totally disorganized. We were supposed to come home after dinner last night. Instead we took her to the emergency room at dinner time. She couldn't put any weight on her left foot. She was diagnosed with cellulitis (infection of the tissue or something like that) and gout in her foot. She is totally bruised on her ENTIRE right side from the catheter when she had her pacemaker installed. I mean ENTIRE. I sure hope that she turns a corner soon. We came home this morning. We got here a little after noon. I'm going to get up at 4am and head to Lansing. I'll be there by noon.

:wizard::wizard:I hope your MIL gets better soon.

:wizard::wizard:Safe travels tomorrow

Hi everyone! :wave2: Back home safe and sound to no dishes in the sink and all the laundry done! (Don't I have a great husband??) :teeth: I'll post pics as soon as I can get them uploaded.

I'm glad that you are home safe and sound. Can't wait to see your pictures and hear about your trip.

View from our room (we stayed at Paradise Pier Hotel, standard view - upgrated to theme park view, 12th floor) from left to right:
003.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

On the left is the Grand Californian Hotel (with villas!), then Haunted Mansion and finally a view of the Paradise Pier section of California Adventure.

it's a small world:
005.jpg

with some additions:
006.jpg

007.jpg

Train station/park entrance to Disneyland:
035.jpg

Celebrate Today theme around the park:
015.jpg

016.jpg

Toy Story Midway Mania:
019.jpg

Mom and Aunt:
023.jpg

024.jpg

018.jpg

020.jpg

048.jpg

039.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

043.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter