DDC XXV: It’s a Special Holiday Episode of the DISDad’s Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize we were so close to shutting down the previous thread. Poor showing on my part. Sunny but cold day again.

More drama at work but it looks like somebody overplayed their hand. :sad2:

What will you do with all that free time?
:dance3:, :drinking1 and go see this guy ::MickeyMo
Really sorry you have to bear that cross. Hope you hold up somehow.
I like to tell myself that it's well earned....:rolleyes1

January 21st starts my next 5 day work week. Unless I can think of some other excuse to miss work...:scratchin:

Technically I could have a 4 day week that week as well and have 6 shortened weeks in a row since 21st is a holiday for us. I will just work it thought and celebrate MLK day some time in July.

Officially done with work until after the holidays. Finished a conference call approving the grant proposal with just a few minor changes. Submitted and done. Told my other clients unless your place is on fire and really need me to help put it out, I'll see you at the Christmas party.

Where is the egg nog?

This will be the first year I can put vacation days on the work calendar when it's first put up, yay Disneyland in Oct, only taking a halt day off for the March WDW trip so that doesn't count, hope everyone is doing well, last full work week till jan 7th , not as long as some others but In this company it's a blessing to get Christmas Eve off

Holiday pot luck going on in another IT building in Chesapeake... followed by a quarterly staff meeting. Wonder how many people will be "focused" for this meeting? :rotfl2: Sometimes managers just don't get it.

ferris-bueller-why-so-blu-8-1024x576.jpg

This will be the first year I can put vacation days on the work calendar when it's first put up, yay Disneyland in Oct, only taking a halt day off for the March WDW trip so that doesn't count, hope everyone is doing well, last full work week till jan 7th , not as long as some others but In this company it's a blessing to get Christmas Eve off
Congrats. Have a good time in October.

Twin Dad said:
Congrats. Have a good time in October.

I will def try, never been to DL so been researching the boards for tips and trying to figure out how many days of tix and if we need hoppers plus going to do the Halloween party so extra for those tix, it'll be fun but a lot to learn

Woohoo, our March cruise on the Dream is officialy paid for.:cool1::cool1::cool1:

We can check in next week.

I will def try, never been to DL so been researching the boards for tips and trying to figure out how many days of tix and if we need hoppers plus going to do the Halloween party so extra for those tix, it'll be fun but a lot to learn

I've only been to DL. It is a very compact version of WDW. Personally I think a PH would be a good idea. Knock out Cars Land at CA, then knock out the DL headliners.

WTH?? Multi-quote function not working this morning. :badpc: I can see all the orange icons, but when I click reply they are not there. Sigh.
Works for me, but if I were you, I'd take advantage of this opportunity to post pad. You should try it, everyone else does it! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Officially done with work until after the holidays. Finished a conference call approving the grant proposal with just a few minor changes. Submitted and done. Told my other clients unless your place is on fire and really need me to help put it out, I'll see you at the Christmas party.

Where is the egg nog?
I still have 5 days of work before Christmas and then another 3 before New Years.

But yeah, I"m also done with work until after the holidays. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Twin Dad said:
I've only been to DL. It is a very compact version of WDW. Personally I think a PH would be a good idea. Knock out Cars Land at CA, then knock out the DL headliners.

How it looks is we will be doing 3DL MMH and 2 CA MMH so carsland is def the first stop during the first day, thank you for the tip

WTH?? Multi-quote function not working this morning. :badpc: I can see all the orange icons, but when I click reply they are not there. Sigh.

You are just not having any luck at this message board thing here lately. You might need to take a break for a while. :rotfl:

You guys are all getting me excited. (about Disney)
While i am going to miss out on the convention I will be there about two weeks after you all.

The bad, You all get to go before me.
The bad, You will be posting things and making me wish i was there.

Tha Good, once you all are back and working, I will be in Disney and the rolls will be reversed. :wave2::laughing:

On a good note, I got a flashy Christmas card from work today and it had a $100 gc to walmart in it. Maybe i can finish Christmas shopping with it now. :rolleyes:

Wow, so many people taking off for the rest of the year already! Bunch 'a slackers. I'm working all the way up through Dec. 24th.

Once again, we see the state government employee setting the example of hard work and dedication.

Now back to surfing the boards...:rotfl2:

Just read the news that 28 people were shot by 2 gunmen at an elementary school in Connecticut. Prayers for all of the families in that situation. Truly horrific.

Just read the news that 28 people were shot by 2 gunmen at an elementary school in Connecticut. Prayers for all of the families in that situation. Truly horrific.

Unbelievable!

Prayers to the families of the victims.

Just texted DisDadDoc (Chris) who, thankfully, is about 30 miles away from the affected school/area.

I'm torn between sadness and being absolutely furious at that low life piece of ....

Thoughts and prayers to all those affected. Give your kids an extra hug tonight.

I cannot fathom why someone would do such a thing.

Thoughts and prayers for all the families involved and I hope none of our Connecticut Dads are near this tragedy.

This is just insane, my prayers go out to all the families, like many of the other dads , my DD starts K next year and this is just horrifying , sending your kids off to school is scary enough without the thought of something like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter