DDC XXVI: They all went to the DDCC and all we got was this Lousy Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I just found out there was an app for this. I may be able to keep up after all!

We did early check in too, and I still set my alarm to check in exactly 24 hours before our flight left. We are still in the back of A. Is your placement in A based on when you purchase the flight, when you register, based on your fare type or based on your status or some combination?

I'm guessing your being every bit as productive as I am. Just got an email confirming our Friday Night BOG dinner reservation.

I think it's based on when you purchase early check in. I did so just this week, so probably got stuck behind everyone else who did it...

Nice job on BOG! Can't wait to hear about it! :woohoo:

Way to go from potential trouble to a compliment almost instantaneously. I give you permission to take the rest of the day off.

Thanks Ryan!

Take a long lunch!

I don't get a lunch today - I'm by myself. :(

:woohoo: See you tomorrow!

:thumbsup2

Well done :thumbsup2

I should thank my partner in my department for being so BAD lately. Made me look real good!

But - fo' real - I've got mad skills! :thumbsup2

I've been praying and thinking about the things I desire to teach my children a lot recently. I think I'm frustrated by the number of rules we've had to create thinking that if they had the right basis for their behavior we'd need fewer rules. DW and I wound up boiling down everything to 3 values we want our family to stick too.

1. Love God
2. Love Others
3. Do your best.

This third value has us echo'ing a shortened version of Bill and Ted's Slogan to each other a lot. "Be Excellent".

I've been thinking about this a lot and I'm curious if you guys had to boil it down to 3 things what values would you want your kids to pick up?

My 1 and 2 would be the same as yours. When I try to think of a #3, I think it ends up being a sub-value of #1. An argument could be made that your #3 and #2 are just off-shoots of #1 (and that's a good thing).

But if I had to have value #3, it may be "be fearless". (again an offshoot of #1). Either that or "have fun".

I guess I should be inventorying some Poland springs or something right now.

We are missing 12 cases of shrimp, anyone know where it is?

This is too easy... I like this app

Looking forward to the updates!

Who you got for the first Dad to be thrown out of the parks? I have dibs on Barry. :thumbsup2

You mean no one has been thrown out yet? You do know that there are already a bunch of guys down there. If I had to guess, Barry may be a good choice. Of course it may be several at once too.:confused3

Yikes....page 5?!?

Boss was on a rampage this morning.....thought for a while that my DDC trip might get kiboshed at the last minute!

Suppose I should've told him about these two days off a while ago. :rolleyes1

But then he comes into my office and says how he's been real happy with my performance as of late and all the responsbility I've taken on hasn't gone unnoticed. :thumbsup2

8 more hours till I'm busting out of this place!

That may change when he comes looking for you tomorrow and your not there.:rotfl2::rotfl2: I guess you can tell him you had a responsibility to be at the DDC.:thumbsup2 Safe Travels.

I've been praying and thinking about the things I desire to teach my children a lot recently. I think I'm frustrated by the number of rules we've had to create thinking that if they had the right basis for their behavior we'd need fewer rules. DW and I wound up boiling down everything to 3 values we want our family to stick too.

1. Love God
2. Love Others
3. Do your best.

This third value has us echo'ing a shortened version of Bill and Ted's Slogan to each other a lot. "Be Excellent".

I've been thinking about this a lot and I'm curious if you guys had to boil it down to 3 things what values would you want your kids to pick up?

We use the three general rules:

1) Respect others and treat them as you expect to be treated.

2) Respect yourself and always give your best effort.

3) Always be humble and help those less fortunate than we are when possible.

It is pretty similar. Never even thought to add god in there as a rule. I guess Sunday mass and the fact that religion has always been a part of our lives we take it as a expected. Like your list as well.:thumbsup2

Bye convention dads. Enjoy Florida. Post lots of pics on FB if you can. If not, drink lots of Beverly. Or not

1. Love God
2. Love Others
3. Do your best.

My 1 and 2 would be the same as yours. When I try to think of a #3, I think it ends up being a sub-value of #1. An argument could be made that your #3 and #2 are just off-shoots of #1 (and that's a good thing).

But if I had to have value #3, it may be "be fearless". (again an offshoot of #1). Either that or "have fun".

Ryan, looks like you and I had this conversation a while back when I posted about it at the other site:

http://disdads.com/archives/1397

But the first two you mentioned are the ones laid out for us in Scripture by God Himself, so that seems like a great place to start! Outward behavior reflects the desires of the heart, so it's the desires of the child's heart that we need to address. Do you want what's best for you, or do you think about others first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter