DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

First job of my “Saturday” morning off done, Christmas tree is up. Ladies can decorate at their leisure.
Then two loads of laundry washed and folded.
Now off to bring youngest DD to a hair appointment.
I love days off.
Bah humbug.
Mr. Mom (1983) - Photo Gallery - IMDb

Morning, Gents, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow. I guess he finally reached his limit. Hope this works out ok for you.

Yeah, I guess he did. I do know that I'm going to start looking for a new job. Everyone at my place of work knows me and loves my work ethic, so I'm not worried, but my old boss was really instrumental in me having a job for as long as I did. He kept telling them that he needed me, which meant that I kept having my contract extended. This time? Who knows. I do know they want to make my position permanent, so there's that, but as a just-in-case measure I'm going to start looking.

That looks really cool!

Isn't it? It's amazing when the entire neighborhood gets involved and does it.

Morning all. We got the bad weather and tornados today.

Any damage from the tornado?

I've got to make the bacon wrapped green beans, sweet potato casserole, and bake bread today. DW made several casseroles yesterday and plans to make pies today. I guess we are planning to feed the entire battalion of the National Guard Unit if they are deployed to stop holiday festivities tomorrow. :rolleyes1

And that battalion of National Guardsmen would appreciate the food.

Wow, and right before Thanksgiving. It seems like he was ready to leave though before this happened. If it wasn't for my retirement income, I wouldn't have left the sauce factory, but I would have been searching. It sounded like he was there. Sometimes, there's only so much you can take.

He's got some big ones to do it right before the holidays, that's for sure. And I don't know how some people can do it. I don't have the savings to be able to quit like that. Maybe there's a lot more positions that he can apply for that are out there, but I couldn't do it.

Morning boys.
Think I'll go for a short-ish run this morning and then see how the rest of the day goes before heading off to work.

My doctor told me in an annual physical I had a couple of years ago that I needed to lose some weight. I told him I've been trying and that I thought about getting back into jogging. His response, "Please don't. I know your ankles." So I have my doctors permission to not run....unless something is either chasing after me, I'm chasing after my DD, or I'm chasing a food truck. Ok, I threw in that last one, but seriously, a food truck. I mean, come on. Especially tacos. Mmmmm

Sure sounds like they're done with him. Hope he doesn't come back, hat in hand, looking to be re-hired.

Which is strange for that place because they've put up with a lot worse. My guess is that someone hire up came down on the HR manager and told her to get her act together. Just a guess though.

It looks pretty nice once it's up. My brain blocks out the trauma of the installation process.

And believe me... it's a process.

My brain doesn't, and that's why I hesitate to put up the tree every year. One year we finally put it up Christmas Eve...a little late I know, but the trauma.

That looks really nice. With the wind and snow we get up here, something like that would last about a day.

The bag is suppose to help with the wind, but if it's really bad then the wind can be a problem. The snow? I guess it depends on how hard it's coming down. I've seen these in the snow before, and they'll most likely get buried, but it's still really cool to look at.

I’ve never been to the southwest but I would like to go one day, I like the architecture.

You should take a trip out sometime. Santa Fe is a great place to visit.

Not that I know of. A short localized power outage overnight but not sure if that was relat

Short localized power outage is getter than property damage.

My doctor told me in an annual physical I had a couple of years ago that I needed to lose some weight. I told him I've been trying and that I thought about getting back into jogging. His response, "Please don't. I know your ankles." So I have my doctors permission to not run....unless something is either chasing after me, I'm chasing after my DD, or I'm chasing a food truck. Ok, I threw in that last one, but seriously, a food truck. I mean, come on. Especially tacos. Mmmmm
:lmao:
#priorities.

My ankles aren't the problem for me. Actually, probably due to all the skating I did as a kid, I have very strong ankles. A couple runs ago, I turned my left ankle twice. (Stepped partially on an edge and the outside of the foot falls lower. Think that's what it's called?) Didn't even bother me.
Now my achilles and hammies... Never bothered me before, but I'm older and have been sedentary too dang long.
My brain doesn't, and that's why I hesitate to put up the tree every year. One year we finally put it up Christmas Eve...a little late I know, but the trauma.
"And took it down on Dec 26. Bah! Humbug!"

Happy Thanksgiving or Thursday, whichever camp you fall in. We survived with no National Guard knocking down our doors. We usually don't do Thanksgiving, but we had some large gatherings in the last year with Christmas & oldest's HS graduation party. There were a lot less here than in the past, and I ate way too much food. Time to get back on the keto train tomorrow.

First job of my “Saturday” morning off done, Christmas tree is up. Ladies can decorate at their leisure.
Then two loads of laundry washed and folded.
Now off to bring youngest DD to a hair appointment.
I love days off.
Bah humbug.

Yup. Go back to work to get some rest.

Yeah, I guess he did. I do know that I'm going to start looking for a new job. Everyone at my place of work knows me and loves my work ethic, so I'm not worried, but my old boss was really instrumental in me having a job for as long as I did. He kept telling them that he needed me, which meant that I kept having my contract extended. This time? Who knows. I do know they want to make my position permanent, so there's that, but as a just-in-case measure I'm going to start

I wondered if that would impact you. It goes either two ways. They see you as a strong replacement that can fill in or you are "his hire" and they take his leaving out on you. Hopefully, it is the former. Good luck.

He's got some big ones to do it right before the holidays, that's for sure. And I don't know how some people can do it. I don't have the savings to be able to quit like that. Maybe there's a lot more positions that he can apply for that are out there, but I couldn't do it.

Been reading a good book about happiness, with the comparison between developing internal happiness vs waiting for happiness when a certain external reward is achieved. They used the term "silver medal syndrome", citing bronze medal winners were happier because they almost didn't make the podium, but silver medal winners were less happy because they lost. I've been programmed my whole life on those external rewards of happiness, and in this past month, I've seen that the more I earned, the more I spent trying to get that external reward. Maybe he has great savings or a cougar sugar mama, or maybe he figured out long ago how to reach true happiness.

Morning, Gents! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, or Thursday, whichever you had. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family. Having eaten my way through the day, and reached the point of food coma, I am now well rested and ready to take on today....whatever that means. I know I have to find the Christmas cards from last year so I can get this years out (one year I'm going to write down everyone's mailing addresses so I don't have to keep finding them), and I have to find a way to stop the mice from getting through the crawl space vents. Outside that? Not much is on the agenda today. Have a good day, guys, and we'll chat later.

:lmao:
#priorities.

Right?! I mean, stomach does needs to be satisfied. :lmao:

My ankles aren't the problem for me. Actually, probably due to all the skating I did as a kid, I have very strong ankles. A couple runs ago, I turned my left ankle twice. (Stepped partially on an edge and the outside of the foot falls lower. Think that's what it's called?) Didn't even bother me. Now my achilles and hammies... Never bothered me before, but I'm older and have been sedentary too dang long.

I have arthritis in my right ankle, which causes me to run funny because I don't allow my ankle the full motion because it can and does hurt when I run. I don't always allow its full motion when I walk for the same reason.

"And took it down on Dec 26. Bah! Humbug!"

I wanted to, but the DW wanted to keep it up until after the new year.

We survived with no National Guard knocking down our doors.

This is good news.

I ate way too much food. Time to get back on the keto train tomorrow.

Oh I know I ate way too much food....but I enjoyed it very much.

I wondered if that would impact you. It goes either two ways. They see you as a strong replacement that can fill in or you are "his hire" and they take his leaving out on you. Hopefully, it is the former. Good luck.

As much as I would love to be considered for this position, and could probably do it with some training, I don't think they'll consider me. I just don't have the experience. Now, I'm not 100% sure, but I'm fairly confident they'll keep me on. The Direct of Operations likes me and thinks the job I'm performing is vital...so we'll see. I'm just not as sure as I was in the past and that's because my boss left. He was always insistent on keeping me, and always found ways to justify it. So we'll see.

Been reading a good book about happiness, with the comparison between developing internal happiness vs waiting for happiness when a certain external reward is achieved. They used the term "silver medal syndrome", citing bronze medal winners were happier because they almost didn't make the podium, but silver medal winners were less happy because they lost. I've been programmed my whole life on those external rewards of happiness, and in this past month, I've seen that the more I earned, the more I spent trying to get that external reward. Maybe he has great savings or a cougar sugar mama, or maybe he figured out long ago how to reach true happiness.

It's funny you mention this, because I was that person who stove for external rewards to the point of being upset if I didn't achieve what I set out to do. Now? Well, I may still get upset if I don't achieve what I set out to do, but I've been working towards shifting that to internal happiness. And he could have a cougar sugar mama.

So is this your Friday?
View attachment 540575

That was me right after dinner yesterday.

Morning boys.

So for you Yanks, is this an extra long weekend? Or do you go back for the one day?

Depends on the job you have. Retail? Open. Office work? Closed...usually.

Afternoon guys from a frosty Ol' London Town.

The Curly Haired Ninja had a temperature at school today, so off to the Drive Thru Corona centre we went. We now have to Self Isolate for 2 days until the test come back. Joy of Joys. My FIL is going to pick up my Turkey for Fakesgiving tomorrow. Having a stab at Homemade Cornbread as well now, seeing as there's jack all else to do.

In other slightly less annoying news, we booked up for the Annual pilgrimage to the House of the Mouse for October 21, just to experience the 50th Anniversary stuff in full swing, and sneak in another MNSSHP (hopefully). Our home resort is the Poly, so they should be done with the Moana overlay by that point, which could be cool.

Have a great day chaps, may your Pepto Bismol and Advil be fast acting, and allow you a little room for leftover Thanksgiving sammiches, which, lets be honest, is at least as good as the main meal, if not better. For what meal is not improved by having a couple of bits of bread around it?

Laterz from Self Isolation.

Afternoon guys from a frosty Ol' London Town.

The Curly Haired Ninja had a temperature at school today, so off to the Drive Thru Corona centre we went. We now have to Self Isolate for 2 days until the test come back. Joy of Joys. My FIL is going to pick up my Turkey for Fakesgiving tomorrow. Having a stab at Homemade Cornbread as well now, seeing as there's jack all else to do.

In other slightly less annoying news, we booked up for the Annual pilgrimage to the House of the Mouse for October 21, just to experience the 50th Anniversary stuff in full swing, and sneak in another MNSSHP (hopefully). Our home resort is the Poly, so they should be done with the Moana overlay by that point, which could be cool.

Have a great day chaps, may your Pepto Bismol and Advil be fast acting, and allow you a little room for leftover Thanksgiving sammiches, which, lets be honest, is at least as good as the main meal, if not better. For what meal is not improved by having a couple of bits of bread around it?

Laterz from Self Isolation.

Hope it comes back negative.

By at school, do you mean the home virtual school?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter