DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

With all the weather craziness going on, in memory of those that lost their lives 16 years ago today.

Hope CJ is o.k. Looks like WDW took some minor hits mostly landscaping / tree damage. Prayers to everyone affected by this thing including my neck of the woods as we are gonna have sustained winds of 25-30 mph and gusts up to 50 mph. Nowhere near what others have dealt with but holly cow, getting impacted here in Nashville is crazy. Everyone stay safe.
now watching the Falcons vs Bears game.
Looks like I've got another season of watching the bears galactically fail......
My apologies for your sufferings caused by the Bears - try being a life long Bears fan - oh for the days of Ditka.
Did get St. Louis Rams before they moved to LA. Fun team to watch with Kurt Warner.

I've moved away from NFL, ever since they started the suspensions. They suspend some players immediately, and others get to play while appeals are litigated, or not considered during playoffs but added to regular season the following year. Saints' coach suspended for bountygate, which was later proved to not be true. Bellicheck not suspended for Spygate, which was proved to be true and even more pervasive than just one game of signals. Don't know if the NFL is intentionally fixing games or just incompetent.
Incompetent and arrogant - their ratings keep declining and we will see how much longer they want to deal in double standards, QBs in skirts and horrible tackling from their lack of hitting in camp and practice. Now take ND vs GA and Ohio St Oklahoma Saturdays night compared to yesterdays boredom explains the rise in popularity of college football
Well some of play soccer, some of us play tennis.
:stir: popcorn::

G'afternoon all...
The storm chose to ignore us over here, and I'm good with that.
Hoping all the folks down in Fla came through it with as little damage as possible.

Well some of us play soccer, some of us play tennis.
And some of us play guitar.

No, that ain't doing much to slim me down, but it won't be wrecking my knees and ankles either.
Everything is a trade off...

Incompetent and arrogant - their ratings keep declining and we will see how much longer they want to deal in double standards, QBs in skirts and horrible tackling from their lack of hitting in camp and practice. Now take ND vs GA and Ohio St Oklahoma Saturdays night compared to yesterdays boredom explains the rise in popularity of college football

:stir: popcorn::

Lamar Jackson put his name back in the running for a 2nd Heisman. Over 500 yards offense, multiple rushing and passing TDs. Amazing.

No, that ain't doing much to slim me down, but it won't be wrecking my knees and ankles either.
Everything is a trade off...

This is true. You get all the girls playing guitar. Being sweaty after tennis - not so much - but you do see them in their tennis outfits.

Evening boys, I take it all back. We won 2-0. And I've lost my voice.

Who won what when where?

I'm not a pro soccer player like Darcy, but I can see the difference between the quality of MLS vs Premier League when watching on TV. It would be great to fly to London and watch a game. Maybe one day when I win the lottery.
I'd fly to Cologne, Germany and watch a game there. Used to root for them way back.

Morning Guys,

Looks like Florida is starting to get back to normal, watching and listening to the Port of Miami Webcam and marine radio. Lots of cruise ships waiting to get into the Florida ports, trying to get tugs back in the water and a medical evacuation from the Oasis of the Seas happening via lifeboat and rescue boat.

Haven't seen anything from Cj on here or at the other place, hope he's OK.

Morning Guys,

Looks like Florida is starting to get back to normal, watching and listening to the Port of Miami Webcam and marine radio. Lots of cruise ships waiting to get into the Florida ports, trying to get tugs back in the water and a medical evacuation from the Oasis of the Seas happening via lifeboat and rescue boat.

Hope he's okay too. Lots of power outages down that way, no?

Top O the Mornin Dads! What's left of Irma provided just some decent rain and solid winds here for the past 12 hours but nothing major. Can't imagine what the folks in Houston and Florida have to deal with - prayers.
Second, hoping its just cell service / power outage that we have not heard from him.

'Morning all...
There's a rumor going around down this way that we may actually see the sun today.
We've got some trees down and some scattered power issues but all in all the problems are fairly minor.
Can't say the same for the coast lines from Charleston on down.
Nasty...

The satellite pictures of the eastern Caribbean Isles are truly frightening, though.
All the green is gone.

We're headed to the coast mid next week for a bit.
Things are probably fine along the Grand Strand but I'll let you know what it looks like when we get down there.

This is true. You get all the girls playing guitar. Being sweaty after tennis - not so much - but you do see them in their tennis outfits.
Yep...
Everything has a trade off.

Oh, and you know that thing about guitar players getting the girls?
Yeah well, unless you're a looker yourself or already famous...
It don't matter how good your are, it just ain't so.

Lots of power issues down there.
C J has been through stuff like this before; I s'pect he's good and well hear from him in the near.
The real question if whether or not his favorite bars on Key Biscayne weathered the storm.
There's a potential tragedy in the making.

'
Lots of power issues down there.
C J has been through stuff like this before; I s'pect he's good and well hear from him in the near.
The real question if whether or not his favorite bars on Key Biscayne weathered the storm.
There's a potential tragedy in the making.

He popped on here the other day and said they'd lost power for an hour and then everything was back to normal and he was watching football again.

Possible they lost power again or something with network preventing him from popping back in or he's just busy cleaning up and/or helping others. Good to know PP updated us.

We've got some trees down and some scattered power issues but all in all the problems are fairly

Good to hear.

The satellite pictures of the eastern Caribbean Isles are truly frightening, though.
All the green is gone.

Whoa. :(

Pirate Princess posted on FB that CJ and the pooch are all good and safe . Some minimal damage but other than now cell or wifi / power they are good.

Good news!

Happy Tuesday. Lots of rain with cool temperatures.

'Morning all...
There's a rumor going around down this way that we may actually see the sun today.
We've got some trees down and some scattered power issues but all in all the problems are fairly minor.

Yep...
Everything has a trade off.

Oh, and you know that thing about guitar players getting the girls?
Yeah well, unless you're a looker yourself or already famous...
It don't matter how good your are, it just ain't so.

Glad to here you survived. Sun is trying to come out here, but no much luck so far. It is wet and soggy.

Pirate Princess posted on FB that CJ and the pooch are all good and safe . Some minimal damage but other than now cell or wifi / power they are good.

Glad to hear all is well.

Happy Tuesday, DisDads!
Here in the Midwest, we don't have hurricanes, so I don't want to pretend to understand what anyone in Irma's path has gone through.
And while there has been flooding, I personally haven't been affected by flooding, so again, I don't pretend to understand.

But significantly less major in the grand scheme of things, I got an email reminding me to customize my magic bands for our trip in October.

Loading up the Minivan for a whirlwind trip. We leave Thursday when school lets out, we'll arrive in Orlando (we drive) at around 9:00 a.m. or so local time after an overnight drive. We're doing MNSSHP, and then sleep. Then Hoop-Dee-Do on Saturday night, then drive home Sunday.

We're crazy. But, I'm posting this note on a message board entirely populated by other Disney fans, so it somehow seems less crazy.

Nasty...

So was that just a bad storm that popped up? I didn't recall hearing reports about SC being in danger.

All the green is gone.

It's so awful. We were throwing ideas around for our 20th anniversary next year, and St. John was high on the list. Now I don't know if it will be in any kind of shape for visitors anytime soon.

Pirate Princess posted on FB that CJ and the pooch are all good and safe .

:thumbsup2

It's so awful. We were throwing ideas around for our 20th anniversary next year, and St. John was high on the list. Now I don't know if it will be in any kind of shape for visitors anytime soon.

The cruise we have booked for March has stops in 3 ports, including St Thomas and Tortola. Both have been hot pretty bad so I'm not sure what will happen with the cruise. The other port is Nassau that managed to avoid getting hit after the storm shifted to the west a bit.

So was that just a bad storm that popped up? I didn't recall hearing reports about SC being in danger.
No, that was Irma.
Obviously the center of a hurricane is always the most intense, but the counter-clockwise rotation of the ones coming off the Atlantic cause the northeast corner of the storms to draw in the most water and winds after them. The center missed us by about 200 miles to the southwest (which is a dang good thing) but this monster was so large that that NE arm drug a big hunk of the ocean air across Savannah, and Charleston and up into the Piedmont. Winds last night were averaging about 35 mph and gusting up to 50 or so where we are. That ain't catastrophic by any stretch but being as heavenly wooded as our area is, winds of that caliber do have a tendency to cause some serious havoc with the canopy. In one instance, we had a couple hundred year old oak come down right on top of a car traveling through the middle of my little hometown. The guy walked away, but the road is still blocked as we speak and the city has a crew trying to cut the massive thing up and haul it out of the downtown area. There are similar downed trees and major limbs all around the area. It isn't comparable to the flooding on the coast or the kind of thing that's going to make headlines beyond the local papers but is causes plenty of inconvenience locally.

St John was my favorite part of our 25th anniversary cruse (you know, the one that I ain't getting written up). It was just drop dead gorgeous, and we'd all but decided that we wanted to go back and stay there specifically at some point. We'll have to wait and see how bad the damage is but being mostly a national park with limited development, I'm hoping that it will recover a bit faster then some of the other islands. There certainly should be a lot less debris and contamination to deal with, so nature might be able to rebuild fairly quick.

Was it a yelling contest? ;)
Something like that. Our joint language was a plus, there were a lot of U's in the words I was yelling.
Nasty...
Was having a look at that earlier. Glad to hear all is good Rob.
All the green is gone.
Not our governments finest hour - they are getting hammered over here for the response. Quite rightly.
We're crazy. But, I'm posting this note on a message board entirely populated by other Disney fans, so it somehow seems less crazy.
Not crazy at all. enjoy Halloween. We are giving the Paris one a miss this year, as the 25th anniversary stuff has taken over. But we are definitely hitting Xmas.

Evening dads, from a decidedly Autumnal day over here. All the best, and great to hear CJ is all good apart from the incommunicado thing. Have great rest of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter