DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Monday. Still cold here. Enjoyed tennis tonight despite meltdown from youngest. I have to remember to not push her too much. I see the potential, but she doesn't have the desire.

A whole 45 minutes? They're spoiling you mate.

::yes::

:lmao:

A cool morning up here but no more snow. We had about 4 or 5 inches Saturday night, just enough to break out the snowblower.

4-5 inches? And how are you measuring that? :lmao:

An underclassman anchoring the relay team is impressive.

It's just HS. Wasn't a meet with the big time club swimmers from other HS teams. She had gotten slower since her shoulder injury, and she's lost some confidence. She was never going to make the Olympics, but maybe a spot on a college team or even a water polo team. I'm not sure that is even possible now. I'm just glad she is doing a sport that she enjoys.

I just read the Pirate Princess' proposal for her master's thesis and my head hurts. Does anyone know what a Monogenean Trematode is?

It's a Trematode from Monogenean. Duh!? :sad: :lmao:

Hello boys! Looks like the Christmas activity is picking up for everyone. CJ hates people, Norm needs booze, Dan is freezing his chest nuts off, Darcy is on snow removal and the south is in a deep freeze - did I capture the weekend o.k.? Hey its Monday and pretty much over so that's a good start in my book.

Got my booze. Made a request at my local liquor store. They placed the order. Went and bought the whole case.

WP_20171211_16_57_16_Pro (2).jpg

and 10% alcohol per beer.

Last edited:
Morning brethren from a -2 and Sunny London. Curly Haired Ninja Nativity play this morning and wrapping presents for the rest of the day. Have a good one.

4-5 inches? And how are you measuring that? :lmao:
:rotfl: It quite impressive how he can fold it over twice to get that reading.
It's a Trematode from Monogenean. Duh!? :sad: :lmao:
I believe you'll find it's half of a Duogenean Trematode.

and 10% alcohol per beer.
Oh, the humanity....

Last edited:
What the deuce?
curly haired ninja - dd due to her penchant for gittin' a bit punchy when she's riled
nativity - play based on the birth of jesus, traditionally acted out in UK schools at this time of year.

sorry, missed out the possessive apostrophe

curly haired ninja - dd due to her penchant for gittin' a bit punchy when she's riled
nativity - play based on the birth of jesus, traditionally acted out in UK schools at this time of year.

sorry, missed out the possessive apostrophe

:scared: Phew! Had me worried there.

Curly Haired Ninja Nativity play this morning
What the deuce?
:scared: Phew! Had me worried there.
And I'm a mite disappointed...
I think a version of the story, heavy on the marshal arts, might be somewhat entertaining.

Enter the Dragon Savior!

I think a version of the story, heavy on the marshal arts, might be somewhat entertaining.

Enter the Dragon Savior!

Yes! This is what I was thinking. I was going to praise the school for not kowtowing to political correctness... actually, going far in the opposite direction.
"We don't want to offend anyone... we want to offend everyone!"

He's just surprised that they sell rulers marked in imperial measurements up that way.

We're bilingual.

Two hour video conference with the folks up in the big city. Slow connection with non-native speakers. It is going to be a fun morning.

In other news...at least 6 counties around me cancelled school for the first snow day of the year and we have no snow and aren’t anticipating any. Really missed that one.

He's just surprised that they sell rulers marked in imperial measurements up that way.
We figured that would be seen as being somewhat subversive.

We still provide rulers in both systems. Pretty much everyone in the world get metric measurements but we wanted the people of Liberia, Myanmar, and the USA to feel like they can still understand things if they happen to visit.

Morning guys. No news down here, most everything is done. Guess I could start planning the Christmas menu.

We are starting to lean this way. I think the kids are not old enough for us to experience Central Miami/S Beach properly, so seems crazy to dump money in one of those hotels and not get to use the facilities. Thats why we looked at Naples. We thought we could be there a week and maybe a couple of days down in the keys. The FLL thing looks doable, so cheers Darcy for that one.

Let me know when you get the plans set. If you do hit the Keys I can make a few suggestions. A bit disappointed you don't want to enhance the boy's education by taking a stroll on the nude beach.

Some kind of fish parasite.

Bacteria but close enough. At least that is what she told me. She is comparing bacteria on sharks' skin between healthy areas and wound areas. Kind of interesting but it confirmed my choice to to be a Political Science major and not study real science.

It's just HS. Wasn't a meet with the big time club swimmers from other HS teams. She had gotten slower since her shoulder injury, and she's lost some confidence. She was never going to make the Olympics, but maybe a spot on a college team or even a water polo team. I'm not sure that is even possible now. I'm just glad she is doing a sport that she enjoys.

Still a pretty good accomplishment. You have it right, the important part is that she enjoys the sport.

Got my booze. Made a request at my local liquor store. They placed the order. Went and bought the whole case.

wp_20171211_16_57_16_pro-2-jpg.288236

What, they were out of Coors Light? One of my biggest failings as an adult is I never was able to appreciate good beer. Wine I am pretty good at but beer, not so much. Enjoy.

Morning brethren from a -2 and Sunny London. Curly Haired Ninja Nativity play this morning and wrapping presents for the rest of the day. Have a good one.

And I'm a mite disappointed...

Nativity plays are fun until someone gets hurt or serious wounded.

Two hour video conference with the folks up in the big city. Slow connection with non-native speakers. It is going to be a fun morning.

In other news...at least 6 counties around me cancelled school for the first snow day of the year and we have no snow and aren’t anticipating any. Really missed that one.

Feel your pain. Been there done that on the conference calls, although I refused to do video ones. Didn't want people to see my facial expression when someone said something stupid. That and scratching an itch in a sensitive area.

Last edited:
Dan, did the nativity scene look like this?

1bf0c89d95855d014e730b672a80b462.jpg

I think this is the typical British depiction. Well, that's what the movies taught me.

What, they were out of Coors Light? One of my biggest failings as an adult is I never was able to appreciate good beer. Wine I am pretty good at but beer, not so much. Enjoy.
I'm sitting here shaking my head...you have Coors and the opposite of bad in the same sentence. That is an oxymoron and there should be a man law against that.

We still provide rulers in both systems.
Seems counterproductive to me.

And while we're at it, why haven't y'all converted the CFL fields from yards to meters?

I refused to do video ones. Didn't want people to see my facial expression when someone said something stupid. That and scratching an itch in a sensitive area.
Or having to bother with silly things like shaving or wearing appropriate "business attire".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter