DDE savings is more like Disney your Way, then the dining plan!

drumflower

DIS Veteran
Now I am happy! :cool1: Since I am getting a DDE card instead of the dining plan, I am so excited! First of all I get to keep my room discount BDP of POFQ at $89.00 / night instead of rack rate and get the discounted admission tickets. 2nd, I can eat at all my favorite places and not worry about all the dining restrictions on the dining plan. 3rd, since the discount applies to wine, beer, etc. , I will be more inclined to have a glass of overpriced wine that DIsney offers. :drinking1 4th, When we did the silver plan, everyone getting an appetizer and dessert was too much food and a lot was wasted. Yeah, it looks like you are really getting a deal, but if you aren't eating all the food and you normally wouldn't all get appetizers and desserts in the real world, is it really a deal?. Plus you don't feel pressured to get your money worth out of the plan,even if you aren't hungry for all the extras . What is cool about the DDE is that if we only want to get one appetizer for our family, we will still save all around. Less food and at a discount is a great!
Here is where we are eating.
Cindy Royal Table breakfast princess:
CA Grill
Jiko
Alfredos
Sci FI ( the kids wanted this)
Brown Derby
Boma breakfast
Kona Cafe for lunch
Le Cellier
Chief Mickey's breakfast :earboy2:
So the discount applies to everywhere we are planning to eat plus the discount equals almost to the tax and tip! The DDE is more like Magic your Way! lol :flower1:

Remember, you don't tip on the tax, so the 20% discount, you can add back in and you still save moolah!

That sounds like a great deal for you!

Hope you have a wonderful time.

I'm with drumflower!!! Now that we can purchase DDE our 10 days in June are going to be even more fantastic. We can keep our room discount of $59 per night at Pop Century and use the Park Hopper Plus passes that I purchased in July before the new MYW. All this without worrying about not having the new dining plan!!!

Carla :Pinkbounc :jumping3: :Pinkbounc

Topper said:
Remember, you don't tip on the tax, so the 20% discount, you can add back in and you still save moolah!

:flower1: You know, I just recently found this out. For years, me and DH always tipped the final amount encluding the tax. Some times it takes some of us longer to learn! :rolleyes1

The thing I like about Disney is that there's something for everyone. Not every plan will work for every family. The DDE sounds great, but I'd have to spend over $1000.00 for PAPs for my son and I in order to purchase the DDE.

It's better for me to just spend about $600.00 on the MYW passes, use AAA to get a discount on our room, then add on the dining package.

disneyjunkie said:
The thing I like about Disney is that there's something for everyone. Not every plan will work for every family. The DDE sounds great, but I'd have to spend over $1000.00 for PAPs for my son and I in order to purchase the DDE.

:flower1: Just a head up, you don't have to have an annual pass or be a Florida resident to get the DDE card! I just found this out! It is $75.00 for non annual pass holders! :flower1:

drumflower said:
disneyjunkie said:

:flower1: Just a head up, you don't have to have an annual pass or be a Florida resident to get the DDE card! I just found this out! It is $75.00 for non annual pass holders! :flower1:

Now this piece of information changes things. :cool1: Can you please post a link so that I can read about this?

The DDE is certainly Magic your Way for my family as we don't eat at counter service places at all in the parks and very rarely in the resorts.

But I think for families that do enjoy counter service meals, the MYW can offer real value with a nice mix of full service and counter service meals.

We think of the 20% discount as essentially the tip. The service at most WDW is so good that a 20% tip is the least amount we would normally tip.

And don't forget to tip the total before the discount.

I also disagree with "tip the total without tax" line of thinking although we have some friends who follow this as well.

disneyjunkie said:
Now this piece of information changes things. :cool1: Can you please post a link so that I can read about this?

:flower1: I don't know how to link a Dis thread, but it is located on the same page as this one called(You Do Not Have to Be a AP hoder for Disney's Dining Experience Correct?). I have been ignoring all the posts about the DDE discount because I assumed it didn't apply to me! Now I am excited! I have been sort of crabby on the boards this month because of the dining plan. Now I can be happy with Disney again! lol What is cool about the DDE plan is that is good for almost all sitdown restarants in Disney, and most counter service places at the resorts. :flower1: Well, I guess not most of the counter services at the resorts, but the one at POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter