Dde

queenof4hearts

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me about their experience w/ the DDE card? If there are 8 of us I thought it would be wothwhile even if we only ate out 2times.

I can still use it even w/out the official card, is that right? Thanks!

We have AP's so I think the card will cost $50.

queenof4hearts said:
Can anyone tell me about their experience w/ the DDE card? If there are 8 of us I thought it would be wothwhile even if we only ate out 2times.

I can still use it even w/out the official card, is that right? Thanks!

We have AP's so I think the card will cost $50.
Can't speak from using ours, but I ordered it two weeks ago. The actual card takes 3 to 4 weeks to arrive. The CM said they would deliver temporary cards to Guest Services at the main entrance of Epcot. I'll stroll over and get them after we check into BCV tomorrow. I don't know that we'll get all $50 worth out of it this time, but we'll get 3 more trips in before it expires, so I know we'll get more out of it than it cost. Yes, they are $50 with your AP discount.

the DDE is great! Our family of 5 used it with the letter that they will send you without any problems and over the course of our stay.

We did have a party of 10 at Chef Mickey's and the card paid for itself with that one check. :goodvibes

Well, you only have to spend $250 to break even, so I'd think you might do that with one meal for 8, depending on where you eat. And don't forget to present it at the counters too. Many of them take DDE.

As you probably already know, the DDE card is the only discount that also covers alcoholic beverages, so if the adults in the group have just a glass of wine with dinner, the savings will add up. You only need one card, because you can put up to 10 people on the card at each meal - as long as the group is together and all on the same check.

We used ours in May, June and July and it more than paid for itself. The best thing is that it is accepted at Beaches and Cream, where no other discount is given, including to Cast Members. 20% off a meal total is pretty substantial savings.

We used ours during our trip this May and I was very pleased. True, we hit a black out date .. Mother's Day .. but we saved enough on the rest of the meals to pay for it. I am looking forward to using it on our trip in Jan.

I have now received my card, but on our trip, I just had the letter that I picked up at Epcot. Most servers knew right away what it was .. I never had a problem.

We used in May. There were 6 of us and it certainly paid for itself quickly! We only had the letter. The only place the letter was even questioned was Planet Hollywood but even there we did not have a problem.

I am planning a trip without dh (I believe his name is on the card). Will I still be able to use it? Also, my dd is arriving a couple of days earlier than me. Will she be able to use it without me or my dh there?

I ordered ours about 5 weeks ago, and received our cards last week. Only thing I noticed that was not brought to my attention was Fantasmic dinner packages are not included for discount. I know I specifically mentioned to the CM taking my order that I would be using it for that. That asside, I am sure I will save beyond that $50 it cost me.

There are 11 of us traveling together. Will they separate one person on the check? Of course two of them are my 5 y/o nephews, perhaps they will be counted as 1. ;)

I would call Disney Dining and get a card in your name too. They sent both hubby and I one (asked if there was another adult to add I believe) when I ordered.

My main piece of advice is to pull it out EVERYWHERE! You never know when somewhere will take it unless you have memorized the restaurants (and I can't remember my name sometimes after a tiring day of play). If there are not "significant" alternative restaurants at a hotel, the counter service restaurants are included (like at All Stars, Pop and POFQ). So, ask every time you eat.

Laura

It is awesome. There are only 2 people in our party and we've already have savings after 2 short trips to WDW. And I'm still planning 1 big trip, so we'll be good to go.

I know there are still some confusion regarding whether DDE will apply on packages (such as fantasmic), but when we went there on july all the CMs we've talked to say that it does not work for packages as listed in the rule.

All in all it is a wonderful card to have, especially if you're traveling with such a large group of people.
Enjoy!

We used DDE in May. It was amazing how the savings just added up. There were 7 adults and we used it for over 5 meals. The best part about DDE is that the discount includes alcoholic beverages. We also only had the letter and it worked out fine. The hard part is remembering that you have the DDE. Thankfully we only missed out on 2 breakfast meals that we forgot to ask for the DDE discount.

Going to Disney again in October the my DDE card will be the first thing I pack!

Got ours in January saved over cost in 4 days. In May with family of 10 saved over $600. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

We'll be using ours over the space of two, 8-day trips (4-6 diners/night) with one sit down meal/day and with two dinners where 10 of us will be in the party so I can only imagine how much we'll save!

JimMIA said:
Well, you only have to spend $250 to break even, so I'd think you might do that with one meal for 8, depending on where you eat. And don't forget to present it at the counters too. Many of them take DDE.

As you probably already know, the DDE card is the only discount that also covers alcoholic beverages, so if the adults in the group have just a glass of wine with dinner, the savings will add up. You only need one card, because you can put up to 10 people on the card at each meal - as long as the group is together and all on the same check.
::yes:: ::yes::

I've had the DDE card for awhile, but will say when we took our family of 20 to Disney for Christmas 2 years ago, the cousins and wives all went to dinner one night (no kids)....party of 8. I saved more on that ONE BILL than the cost of the card.....and I'd had to pay full price for it since my AP was expired when I ordered it! (Dinner was at Wolfgang Puck's, with appetizers, desserts, and alcohol.....)

Yes, it can definitely be worth it, even for just 2 meals, depending on where you eat and if you're ordering alcohol.....that certainly adds up quickly!

I know they've tweaked the rules a bit, but we were also able to use it for up to 12 folks....I have a card, my DH has a card, and each card used to be good for 6 diners. Now it says 10, but I'm not sure if they still let you use 2 cards at the same time....

When do they expire?

My AP is good until April 14, 2006-

If I get one now, does it expire then? Or is it a year from inception of DDE?

Thank you,

L

uicbear said:
Now, to order a DDE card, you have to be an AP holder or Florida resident, right? :scratchin

Yep, you're correct.

Laurajean,
It's valid 1 year to 13 months from order month depending on how backed up the card ordering system is.
But the rule is 1 year from order month (date).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter