• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDP and free Planet Hollywood dinner

thunderbird1

DIS Veteran
I notice when we booked our trip, it said we get a voucher for one free entree at Planet Hollywood. Does anyone know if we can use this along with the DDP? In other words, can we just use one TS credit for one appetizer, entree, beverage and dessert at PH, and use the voucher to cover the other entree and beverage? That would certainly help stretch those credits!

One person can use the voucher. Another person can use a DDP credit. You can shuffle/share the food any way you'd like (they don't care who eats what.)

The appetizers at Planet Hollywood are big enough to be entrees!

Awesome! That's what I was hoping to hear! We probably wouldn't have gone to PH otherwise, but if we can get a free meal on top of free dining, that's, like, double free!

Does the PH voucher expire and does it have to be used at the DD location?

It would be great if I could bring it with me on our next NYC trip....

I just looked and my ressie has a voucher on it too. Will it be given to me at check in or was I suppose to receive it with my conf.????? WOW It does keep getting better

overplanner said:
I just looked and my ressie has a voucher on it too. Will it be given to me at check in or was I suppose to receive it with my conf.????? WOW It does keep getting better

I think we will probably get our vouchers at check-in. :confused3 I have my paper confirmations stating I have a PH voucher but the voucher was not included in my paperwork.

Any know if this voucher expires or if it can be used at other PH locations?

I know we just got our PH voucher when we got the last of our paperwork(Big Package, not the little one) Which was like 2 weeks ago. HTH

Just to let everyone know, the voucher is good for lunch only between limited hours and they give you a choice between 3-4 things only.
Your voucher will be in with your documents 2-3 weeks before your trip.

yellowfish78 said:
Just to let everyone know, the voucher is good for lunch only between limited hours and they give you a choice between 3-4 things only.
Your voucher will be in with your documents 2-3 weeks before your trip.

Thanks for this info.! I was wondering if it would be a limited selection or not!!

I would skip PH!!! The free meal is not worth paying for the other meals you will pay for (ie... 20dollar hamburgs). I live in NYC... i KNOW its a tourist trap!
There is food on WDW that is cheaper and better!

Thanks for all the advice! I knew the selection was limited (I've heard a burger, salad or pasta dish), but didn't know it was only good at lunchtime (important information for planning purposes). We may still if we're over in that area, but wouldn't use more than 1 DDP TS credit for that meal.

We've got two rooms so we get 2 vouchers. We're planning on using it for lunch the day we leave. We like to go to DD and buy souveneirs the day we leave anyway - one last little "shot" of Disney before hitting the road! :thumbsup2

Hi, I just wanted to chime in with my experience in trying to use the meal voucher. The waiter said that only anyone not using the DP could use the meal voucher, and for us that meant that my 2 yr old nephew could have gotten 1. caeser salad, 2. spaghetti pomodoro or 3. a burger, we opted to save it and just pay for his kids meal. The voucher didn't expire until 12/31/06 and there was also a merchandise voucher, they gave us a free PH key chain.
Kim

I just got back from WDW in May and still have the PH voucher somewhere. I didn't really pay too much attention to it since we weren't eating there. However we'll be going back in Sept and should be receiving another one. I didn't realize the one from May didn't expire until 12/06. Can I use one and my mom use the other one? or for that matter if I use a voucher and my mom uses our dining plan, how would they know I even had the dining plan? I could have just met her down there. Has anyone else had a probelm using the voucher for one member of their party while the rest used the dining plan?

Expiration is 12/2006 - but does it say it has to be used in the DD location? I usually take my dd to NYC in December for her birthday so I thought I could use it at the NYC location in Times Square. Something tells me it is specific to DD only. Anyone know?

Question, I also have two rooms and will be getting two vouchers. Can you use more than one voucher per table?

We were at WDW several weeks ago and used our voucher for our last meal. The coupon said use by 6:00 p.m. When we arrived, it was around 5:00 so I wanted to make sure I was going to be able to use it. I was told no problem. It's not just for a "free" meal. I think it has to be a hamburger or something. The free gift is a key chain.

Also, the coupon entitles you to 15% off any merchandise. So, of course, we bought two t-shirts.

Is there an effective date on the voucher? We are actually arriving one day earlier than our package starts and I'd love to save a bit by having a free meal at the restaurant my kids want to go to (I'll take a burger, no problem) on the day before our DDP kicks in. But if it is not effective until the check-in day then this won't work for us... thanks for the help!

Question, I also have two rooms and will be getting two vouchers. Can you use more than one voucher per table?
That's what I'd like to know as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter