DDP Cast Member Discount

My daughter has gotten CM discounts at CBR and POFQ. I think CBR comes up every time she checks availability for us. French Quarter not as often but she was able to get us a room for early June this year.

I have a question about the CM F&F dining discount. We’re going November 13 and general public FD will be going on. I’m hoping that there will be a F&F dining discount that we can use. If we are staying at a resort that is excluded from the general FD plan, would a F&F DP also be excluded? We’re probably staying in a family suite at AoA.

Just wondering how early CM room rates come out, and how fast do they fill up once they do come out?
I start my program in July and have people hoping to visit in late July or late August; would it even be possible to find a CM room at that time? if they are out right now what does the discount look like?
Sorry for asking so many questions, I just have no idea how this all works.
Thanks!

There should be plenty of availability then...especially late August. This is just from personal experience as those are slower times and my daughter has gotten us great discounts then. The inventory comes and goes but there is usually a pretty good variety.

My daughter is starting her fall advantage program in June and we have a trip planned in July at POFQ. I have heard that the cast member discount can only be used at two moderate resorts, PORS and CS, can anyone confirm this, is there a difference in discounts at different resorts. I have AAA discount now at POFQ, but want to switch resorts ASAP so I get my room preference. Any help would be appreciated, I was also thinking of AKL, so wondering if that resort was also available for CM discount.

My daughter has been with Disney since 2007 and in that time we have had discounts at all the All Stars and Pop, and AoA, all the Moderates including the Pirate rooms at CBR and the Princess rooms at Port Orleans. For deluxe we have stayed at the Poly, AKL, and GF (coming up in December). For Home away from Home we have had OKW and Saratoga Springs. All of the other hotels have also been options along the years. It's just a changing inventory type of deal and that will depend on what is available.

Liz

There should be plenty of availability then...especially late August. This is just from personal experience as those are slower times and my daughter has gotten us great discounts then. The inventory comes and goes but there is usually a pretty good variety.

Liz

Thanks so much Liz!

We are looking for 2 day Disney World for the end of this month. I have found 3 etickets on ebay. When I read the bottom of the ticket, it says that they are Complimentary CM tickets. 2 Questions--Is it wise for me to buy these?(will I be able to use them?) and Can I link them to my MagicBand before I arrive in Disney or do I have to wait until I cash them in at a ticket booth? Thanks for any help!!

We are looking for 2 day Disney World for the end of this month. I have found 3 etickets on ebay. When I read the bottom of the ticket, it says that they are Complimentary CM tickets. 2 Questions--Is it wise for me to buy these?(will I be able to use them?) and Can I link them to my MagicBand before I arrive in Disney or do I have to wait until I cash them in at a ticket booth? Thanks for any help!!

I'm not exactly sure what kind of tickets you are talking about, but every time my daughter used her CM maingates she had to be there to show her ID.

These are complimentary tickets that can be given as gifts so I know the CM doesn't have to be with you. Just wondering if there is a way to link to Magic Bands and FastPass+ before we travel.

Complimentary CM tickets are different than the Main Gate tickets. CMs earn them through contests or participating in after hours tests of various systems at the parks. CM does not have to be with you and there are no Black Out dates; its a regular one day Park Hopper. But, I doubt that the intent is for CMs to be selling them so not sure I would purchase with out knowing the person.

I used one from my daughter last fall and linked it to MDE. There were some issues with that but it was also at the very beginning of the whole MM+ roll out.

Yes, I know. That is what my husband and I are thinking. I wonder if this CM knows someone he gave the tix to are trying to sell the remaining days. Kind of thinking it is all unethical...

Definitely sounds like someone is trying to get fired.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My daughter starts DCP on May 19 and will stay through January 7. We are hoping to visit the week after Thanksgiving. Since she is going to be gone for so long, the entire family is planning on going which will end up being a total of 18 people needing 5 rooms. Is there anyway that she can get that many discounted rooms? If not, what is the limit. We also are used to doing the whole dining plan package thing- can you add the dining plan even if a F&F dining plan offer is not available and if so do you have to buy your park tickets through Disney or could we get them elsewhere?

My daughter starts DCP on May 19 and will stay through January 7. We are hoping to visit the week after Thanksgiving. Since she is going to be gone for so long, the entire family is planning on going which will end up being a total of 18 people needing 5 rooms. Is there anyway that she can get that many discounted rooms? If not, what is the limit. We also are used to doing the whole dining plan package thing- can you add the dining plan even if a F&F dining plan offer is not available and if so do you have to buy your park tickets through Disney or could we get them elsewhere?

I believe the limit for rooms that she is not staying in is 5 for the year so you should be ok. The CMs are sometimes able to add the dining plan at a discount. And actually the week after Tday she might be able to get her holiday discount on the rooms.

Liz

jenfur said:
She is allowed to make up to 5 reservations per calendar year (that she is a CM) for friends and family of which she is not a part of the reservation. So if she is staying in the room with you, she could potentially make reservations for 6 rooms. BUT then she is done unless she stays in the room on the future reservation. Does that make sense? And Keep in mind if the reservations are all at different resorts, she will have to go to each resort and show her CM ID before they can check in. :) She can do this up to 10 days prior to arrival. HTH! :)
If a F&F dining plan is offered you can buy it without the purchase of tickets. CM reservations are VERY different than guest reservations. She will need a credit card to pay the deposit immediately for each room at the time of booking. The deposit will be one night's stay. I can't imagine there won't be some sort of discount on the DDP. I think the question will be more of how much.
You can get your tickets however you like. She can get a small discount on tickets at Company D but be advised that it is not a significant discount, the hours are limited and the CM MUST buy them with cash or a credit card in their name. :)

Does anyone know if there is/will be a CM F&F discount on dining this July? (with a CM discount room). Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter