• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDP Restrictions at Teppanyaki?

pixiesnake

Mouseketeer
We are going in September under the free DDP. It is our first time using the DDP and was wondering if there are any restrictions at Teppanyaki on what you can order. Can you get the Sushi appetizer? Can you get the lobster & steak dinner? Anyone have experience with eating here on the DDP? TIA

Teppanyaki is the most restrictive Disney restaurant with regard to the Dining Plan. The Dining Plan FAQ has some of the details. If exclusions will disappoint you, I'd steer clear of Teppanyaki.

At least one poster paid the upcharge for the shusi and was very happy with their meal. Bicker is right, this restaurant has restrictions.

Teppanyaki isn't willing to give away the store to MYW Dining guests. Either be prepared for the restrictions, be willing to pay extra or go to one of the many other restaurants that have very few restrictions.

Lobster is not included, you really have to check when you get to WDW and see what the current policy is.

This is one of the most restrictive restaurants. Basically, you can get soup or salad as an appetizer. You cannot get lobster or any "combination" meal like steak & shrimp. At least that was the rule as of our last trip. We're going again in May and have this restaurant scheduled, so I'll let you know when we get back!

You can pay an "upcharge" and get other items.

Based on what has been posted Ihave changed my mind about dining here. I love sushi and will not pay additionally for it. As for lobster: I come from a fishing family and can remember going to school with lobster sandwiches because we could not afford peanut butter. So lobster is not a big deal to me. Where I lived lobster was a poor family's meal: in fact the prisons on the east Coast of Canada were prohibited from serving it more than five times per week to the prisoners.

As for the soup, I have never been able to really enjoy the Japanese soups.

I was there in December and you can get the steak & shrimp and the filet & shrimp if you want. I don't recall if they allowed us the shrimp app, I don't believe they did. However, we still enjoyed our meal and it was still fun. You can add the lobster for like 12.99 and it would be the same as it was before maybe a little more, not sure.

Thanks everyone. I think we will try someplace else while on DDP. I would like to try this one day, but DH and I will go when we are on our own and not on DDP

Thanks for posting this, it is making me rethink my ADR for this resturant. My fiance loves Asian food, what other place would you guys recommend?

Did someone say you could look at the DDP menu for Teppanyaki. We are going there in June - as it was my Mom's #1 requested thing to do a family dinner at Teppanyaki. We will have 6 on DDP and 3 without. I just want Mom to see the changes in menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter