Debarkation Breakfast

I believe it is 8:00 on the last day because you have to be out of your cabin by 8:00

It really doesn’t take long because the menu is simple.

The question is what ship your getting off of because the bigger ships take longer to get all the people off, get your luggage and go thru customs.

Car services are pretty good they wait I would tell them 8:30 - 9:00 . we used to use a car service and would call and tell them when off and what post we are by. They don’t stay in the drop off area until your there. Not sure how car rentals work.
Hi!! THANK YOU!! It’s the Wonder in SD. 1st time out of SD. Usually do PC or Miami.

It really is the line off the ship and Customs where the slowdown occurs.

Have you asked the car service to recommend a time? They deal with this more than any individual cruiser.
Not yet … Trying to figure out what we wanted to do for debarkation … MDR or Cabanas … Decided MDR and I couldn’t remember our timing last year…

Just doing some research and looks like it is not fully rolled out yet but it is there. Just not for every ship and entry. It is actually pretty crazy to walk through CBP and not even have to give them your passport or talk to them. Walk, stand, scan green light and out. It is being rolled out at airports too.
Yes! Airports for sure! DIA has had it for Int’l since at least 2019. I used it after Iceland that summer.

We found that FR took longer when we walked off a Norwegian Cruse. You have to wait for the system to respond. At PC (DCL) it went much faster handing them the PP.

Truthfully I’ve never found CBP to be bothersome either way. Just technology is moving to a point where it is going to be all cameras and screens. You can enter a few countries (NZ Australia and Britain being the most far along) without talking to immigration at all arriving by air. Canada has moved that way for returning people and the USA is not that far behind. Airlines and cruise companies are doing a lot of the screening before you even get there.

Getting off topic here. The main point is i would not be concerned at all about how long customs will take. Enjoy your breakfast don’t feel rushed and follow the guidelines to be where you need to be to catch whichever transportation option you need to catch.

You really should be out of your room no later than 8 so it can be prepared for the next guest. We brought our luggage to the concierge lounge and ate there. I don;t think you can drop it off there and go elsewhere

Just doing some research and looks like it is not fully rolled out yet but it is there. Just not for every ship and entry. It is actually pretty crazy to walk through CBP and not even have to give them your passport or talk to them. Walk, stand, scan green light and out. It is being rolled out at airports too.
Ah, okay. I did experience facial recognition for border patrol a couple years ago when I flew into Barcelona. It's a little unnerving because you have to walk into this booth while they scan your face. Mine wasn't working for some reason, so then I started freaking out a bit (I also blame the lack of good sleep on an overnight flight). An agent came over to help me then and all as well.

I don't really have anything against it, other than the general adage that technology works great until it doesn't, lol.

Since we are the topic, on our cruise in February we took DCL transport back to MCO. We had second seating for dinner and so we were scheduled for second breakfast. We were told we had to be on the buses by 9am. Knowing that it can take some time to get our luggage and get through customs, which can take 15-20 minutes, we opted to go to Cabanas. Has anyone else experienced this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter