Debarkation Day Breakfast and Express Walk-Off questions

Marthasor

DIS Veteran
I'm sorry if this has been covered in other threads - I looked and couldn't find the information. We hope to use the express walk-off option on an upcoming cruise. I'm just wondering - is this still an option and, if so, what is the latest we can walk off the ship (is it 9:00 am)? Also, is Cabanas open for breakfast on the morning of debarkation? I was hoping we could leave our stateroom close to 8:00 am, eat at Cabana's and then walk-off the ship. I just wasn't sure if that was a possibility. Thanks for any info!

We just got off the Fantasy on Sunday. Walk off is available. Cabanas is open on debarkation morning. As to timing… we were second seating, so our MDR breakfast was scheduled for 8:15a. I don’t see any issues with your suggested timeline.

I'm sorry if this has been covered in other threads - I looked and couldn't find the information. We hope to use the express walk-off option on an upcoming cruise. I'm just wondering - is this still an option and, if so, what is the latest we can walk off the ship (is it 9:00 am)? Also, is Cabanas open for breakfast on the morning of debarkation? I was hoping we could leave our stateroom close to 8:00 am, eat at Cabana's and then walk-off the ship. I just wasn't sure if that was a possibility. Thanks for any info!
We have done this exact thing twice so far. Cabanas is open from 6:30 until 8:30 on the last morning. We have eaten at 8:00 and walked straight off the ship around 8:30 on the Dream and the fantasy. No line to get off the ship, no line for a porter, no line thru customs. We were to our car in no time.

We just got off the Fantasy on Sunday. Walk off is available. Cabanas is open on debarkation morning. As to timing… we were second seating, so our MDR breakfast was scheduled for 8:15a. I don’t see any issues with your suggested timeline.
We have done this exact thing twice so far. Cabanas is open from 6:30 until 8:30 on the last morning. We have eaten at 8:00 and walked straight off the ship around 8:30 on the Dream and the fantasy. No line to get off the ship, no line for a porter, no line thru customs. We were to our car in no time.

This is awesome info! Thank you so much!

I am wondering this but add a transfer to a WDW hotel - do I have to wait for that and how will I know that time? Last cruise we rented a car at the terminal so it was not an issue...

I am wondering this but add a transfer to a WDW hotel - do I have to wait for that and how will I know that time? Last cruise we rented a car at the terminal so it was not an issue...
Transfers to the WDW resort leave beginning at 9am. In practice, you may wait a bit longer on the bus as the group guests together by resort and wait to fill up the buses—just like MCO. I think our bus left around 9:15.

We (the two of us) got off of the Fantasy on 10/24. The day before we grabbed an extra plate of muffins, croissants, etc. from Cabanas and took it to our room. We mentioned what we were doing to one of the Cast Members in Cabanas and she gave us two silverware setups. That evening, we ordered coffee from room service. Creamer went into the fridge. We had a nice leisurely breakfast while we were getting ready to leave the stateroom. There was no stress of trying to get breakfast at Cabanas or the MDR.

We have seen comments from others that do this and now would recommend it. Yes, the coffee was still hot! It is our new debark day strategy. It may not work for everyone.

Also, we always found the breakfast on the last day uncomfortable. We tip extra $$, but you never know if your servers were happy with what you gave.

Also, we always found the breakfast on the last day uncomfortable. We tip extra $$, but you never know if your servers were happy with what you gave.
Why not assume they're happy? Makes the morning breakfast service, while sad to be leaving, a nice experience. We've never had a server give us attitude on the last morning.

Why not assume they're happy? Makes the morning breakfast service, while sad to be leaving, a nice experience. We've never had a server give us attitude on the last morning.
Yeah, I had the same thought. We always enjoy the last day MDR breakfast--the serving staff are always very upbeat (I imagine it is a relief for them to have the tipping and "excellent" speech over and done with) and usually find end the trip with some extra fun magic tricks or puzzles to send us off in a good mood!

We always do tip a little extra for everyone but usually not a huge amount. This past trip we went a little nuts on tips because we know what a hellish year everyone has been through and tipped a somewhat ridiculous amount. The amount we tipped made zero difference to the breakfast service we received.

When do you book your breakfast. I usually get the latest possible time.

Thanks,

When do you book your breakfast. I usually get the latest possible time.

Thanks,
If you have 1st seating dinner you get the early breakfast on debarkation morning, and if you have 2nd seating dinner you get the later breakfast on debarkation morning. I just cruised over this past weekend & had second seating dinner. My embarkation morning breakfast was at 8:20am.

We have eaten at 8:00 and walked straight off the ship around 8:30 on the Dream and the fantasy. No line to get off the ship, no line for a porter, no line thru customs.
This has usually been the case for us in the past: a quick debarkation after late breakfast. Just cruised this past weekend, though, & don't know if it was a fluke or due to Covid, but debarkation was a slow process despite leaving around 9am. There was a line to disembark the ship, but that moved well. Customs was another story: very long line & a slow process- probably 30 minutes in that line. This was sailing out of Miami, and I've sailed from there before & never had it take so long. On our other cruises out of Florida, customs had only taken about 5 to 10 minutes.

This has usually been the case for us in the past: a quick debarkation after late breakfast. Just cruised this past weekend, though, & don't know if it was a fluke or due to Covid, but debarkation was a slow process despite leaving around 9am. There was a line to disembark the ship, but that moved well. Customs was another story: very long line & a slow process- probably 30 minutes in that line. This was sailing out of Miami, and I've sailed from there before & never had it take so long. On our other cruises out of Florida, customs had only taken about 5 to 10 minutes.

Maybe port canaveral has a better process set up than Miami?

We had second seating on the Magic 11/04/2021 and our last breakfast was assigned at 8 am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter