• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DEBATE?: Servers Being Overloaded

TiggerFreak

Never goes gankin on the Internizzle
In deference to a recent comment from one of the more astute posters and in the interests of conserving server space, I have removed the listing of visits to WDW from the end of my sig.

Down with POST polution.

NO MORE SPAM IN POSTS ;)

I will post no trip on the bottom line :rolleyes:

I urge all loyal DIS posters to follow suit:cool: ;) :) :D

a comment as a computer programmer. The signature that is shown, is only stored once, not with every message. This can be noted because when you change you signature it changes on ALL you posts even previously posted ones. So when the server is building the page it just referecnes the sig in your profile and inserts it when it sees a post from you. so having a small sig does not reduce storage needs on the server that much. If it stored your current sig with each post (as in another board I use, does) big sigs being saved over and over and over would crush the servers.

Mike

Mike,

No need to be sorry.

I am also a programmer, and as you well know some of us have very warped funny bones.
Some of the others in the our shop have told me never to retell their jokes, because I always manage to put the punch line in the middle:p

Kevin

Thanks for the chuckle
You're welcome. In the interest of full disclosure, I must confess I lifted that joke whole from a Scott Adams Dilbert cartoon.

It had made me laugh, too.

-WFH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter