Debating on splurging... need help...

Natalia0621

Earning My Ears
So I did it. I am splurging. And hoping for free dining. Because if that happens then I am not paying much more than I was at PORFQ and they don't usually participate in it. Ahhhh!!! So excited.

Hi!
So I need some help. So I originally was going to stay at POP. But thought I wanted to stay at PORFQ. But now I am so tempted to stay at Kidani Village... thoughts? I am in my mid to late 30s and honestly want to have a fun and chill trip. I have this planned already...
Day 1- Arrive, maybe do Disney Springs, etc
Day 2- AK in the morning and then head to Jiko for wine tasting at 3. Dinner at Sanaa
Day 3- late breakfast at The Wave. Then Epcot all afternoon. Dinner at Narcooses.
Day 4- Depart- breakfast at Bon Voyage at Tratorria

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I say go for it! I’m planning a solo trip for December and staying at POP but that’s because I plan on spending very little time at the resort. But if I was focused on a relaxing trip AKL would be at the top of my list.

I would consider Jambo House over Kidani if you want to do AKL. There are more hang out and relax public areas at Jambo plus the restaurants and pool bar area. You are going to do a lot of Ubering or waiting bus transferring with the lack of direct buses between hotels with all those hotel restaurants

Holding in mind I'm a complete noob, if the DVC point rental sites are to believed, it looks like the studios at AKL aren't super expensive. I'd vaguely thought about it vs Pop/PORFQ/Coronado. I *think* I want to use a travel agent though so it's probably a no go for me. Not sure if there's some other gotcha.

Hi!
So I need some help. So I originally was going to stay at POP. But thought I wanted to stay at PORFQ. But now I am so tempted to stay at Kidani Village... thoughts? I am in my mid to late 30s and honestly want to have a fun and chill trip. I have this planned already...
Day 2- AK in the morning and then head to Jiko for wine tasting at 3. Dinner at Sanaa
Day 3- late breakfast at The Wave. Then Epcot all afternoon. Dinner at Narcooses.

Any thoughts?
I can't help but recommend a deluxe stay. They're the only resorts that seem like real hotels to me, and not themed motels. A standard room at AKL Jambo doesn't cost much more than a higher-end moderate, and some of Jambo's standard rooms (on the Kudu trail) have great animal views.

Holding in mind I'm a complete noob, if the DVC point rental sites are to believed, it looks like the studios at AKL aren't super expensive. I'd vaguely thought about it vs Pop/PORFQ/Coronado. I *think* I want to use a travel agent though so it's probably a no go for me. Not sure if there's some other gotcha.
I found it directly on the WDW website. So no need to do DVC renting.

I can't help but recommend a deluxe stay. They're the only resorts that seem like real hotels to me, and not themed motels. A standard room at AKL Jambo doesn't cost much more than a higher-end moderate, and some of Jambo's standard rooms (on the Kudu trail) have great animal views.
Yeah I am seriously leaning towards it and also if the free dining comes through it will make it more worthwhile.

I would consider Jambo House over Kidani if you want to do AKL. There are more hang out and relax public areas at Jambo plus the restaurants and pool bar area. You are going to do a lot of Ubering or waiting bus transferring with the lack of direct buses between hotels with all those hotel restaurants
Oh that is good to know. Thanks. I appreciate the response and input.

Yeah, but (I guess to be taken with a grain of salt for me at least for now), if you do it through DVC, it's maybe half the cost. Like, I put in a week on one of the cost calculators and it showed $1200. Whereas when I was looking at Disney's website it was showing something like $400 or $500 a night.

Yeah, but (I guess to be taken with a grain of salt for me at least for now), if you do it through DVC, it's maybe half the cost. Like, I put in a week on one of the cost calculators and it showed $1200. Whereas when I was looking at Disney's website it was showing something like $400 or $500 a night.
Yeah. I know. I will see what I can do. Unfortunately no cancellations etc and no payment plan with DVC. So I like the idea of it but there a lot of things that make me nervous. Plus I know there is not much available during my week. Sept is pretty much out for a lot of DVC.

Hi!

Any thoughts?

I would say it depends on if you are planning to spend a significant amount of time in your room or not. If you just need a place to sleep, your money may be better spent elsewhere, but if you are looking for the theme and extras that come with an upscale property, it may be worth it to you. You really have to think about how the best way, for you personally, to spend your money would be.

I would say it depends on if you are planning to spend a significant amount of time in your room or not. If you just need a place to sleep, your money may be better spent elsewhere, but if you are looking for the theme and extras that come with an upscale property, it may be worth it to you. You really have to think about how the best way, for you personally, to spend your money would be.
Okay thanks so much. This helps put things into perspective.

Why not? If your intention is to enjoy the resort more than the parks and it is a relatively short stay, why not? I debated between a short, more upscale experience or a longer stay. In the end, 10 nights at Pop Century suited my budget. Have a great time.

If you really want it and it fits in your budget, then I say do it!

My Solo trips were all at Pop until last May, when I decided to splurge and split between POFQ and BWI. I loved both so much! Since then, I’ve done a last minute long weekend at Pop (which I still love) and a few days at FQ. And in 13 days :earboy2: I’m doing a split POR and FQ trip. I’ll admit that I occasionally think of the dollar amount and have a pang of doubt, but then I remind myself of how the Resort makes me feel and how much simply being there adds to my vacation. So personally, I splurge without regret.

If you can do it without going into debt, you should! AKL is amazing. I 2nd the recommendation to do jambo house if possible.

If you can do it without going into debt, you should! AKL is amazing. I 2nd the recommendation to do jambo house if possible.
Okay so if I see it it as just AKL does it mean its Jambo? I am on the WDW website... and I have a great deal for a standard. And it just say AKL. Not Jambo or Kidani?

Two trips ago we stayed at Jambo house Club Level, and it was lovely. It was a relaxed stay, and whilst we did the parks every day, we split our days up and appreciated the resort. There's lots of lovely places to lounge, and relax.

We stayed in Wilderness Loge last time, and my friend had never been to WDW so we spent nearly all of our time in the parks. Whilst we loved Wilderness Lodge, we didn't really spend any time there.

This time I'm doing a solo trip and staying in Music, because I know I'll spend a lot of time (as much as possible) in the park. The latest trip is for 7 nights, I'm international, so when I usually stay deluxe it has been for 10nights + just for the comfort and real vacation deal. If there had been a good deal on a deluxe, I probably would have considered splurging, because who doesn't love a little treat? :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter