• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

debit card charges

alexandra uk

DIS Veteran
Does any one know what the bank charges for using your debit card in orlando ?
I have one with The Abbey, and one Barclays

:confused:

nationwide do not charge for using the debit card in shops and also to get cash from ATMs worldwide - i checked with my local branch today

Lloyds told me it will cost 1.5% to use my 3 in 1 card to get cash from a US machine.

Libby

We used our Lloyds TSB debit card in the ATM machines in July and were charged $2.00 by the US bank per transaction and a further £2.00 by LloydsTSB. The rate of exchange was pretty good though.

The main thing to remember is not to take out lots of small amounts. We take out a few hundred dollars at a time to minimise the charges. We then pay for bills etc by credit card which goes straight through with no charges (although, unless kept in check this can provide for a nasty shock when the bill arrives at home!!) IMHO it is still easier and safer to do this than to carry large amounts of cash or TC's.

Nationwide gets my vote.

I got the Nationwide credit card before i went in easter,they have no charges for cash or for purchases and found their exchange rate very good as well.:cool:

luv Audrey xxxxxxxx:bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter