Debt Dumpers - 2018

I would definitely try and see if it is covered under the warranty since the crack appeared after the time in the sun. The worst that can happen is they say now and you pay your deductible. But they might see it as covered.

I already read the terms of the warranty. It has specific language about windshield cracks and says ANY chip in the glass leading to a crack is excluded from coverage. The chip happened in the morning and the crack developed the same afternoon. It is a BIG chip...about the size of an apple seed, and deep. There was no way it wasn't going to crack.

I'm another one who stopped wearing my retainer and haven't had shifting. However, like @amalone1013 I also have a very tiny mouth, so that probably contributes.

In debt dumping news, we found an apartment! For $110 base rent more than what we would pay to renew our 1 Bed 1 Bath here we can get a 2 bed 2 Bath. It's in a bit of a nicer area too, and it's not one of those crazy luxury units like i was griping about the other day, and we can bring in our own washer and dryer that we already have and all that good stuff. I'm thrilled, and thanks to our excellent credit that came with debt dumping, our deposit will only be $230!

In not as good news, June is going to be an absolute financial nightmare for us. Moving costs are the worst of it, but we also need to drive 11 hours for a wedding I'm a bridesmaid in. The bride is a dear friend and I'm thrilled to have been asked, so I don't really mind, but by the time it's all said and done I'm probably looking at this costing me $1,000 (and she's an extremely low key, go with the flow bride). Most of the expenses are related to me having to travel back to my hometown for the wedding (she's my college best friend) so between $100 each way for a hotel halfway (we'll have our then 6 month old with us so no driving straight through), $430 for 3 nights at the hotel near the wedding itself, my dress and alterations ($250) and wedding and bachelorette gifts (probably $100 or so)... ouch! But, at least we can actually afford to pay for it all, no charging. We won't be able to put any money into savings in June or July most likely, which really stinks, but it's better than accumulating cc debt! Plus, I'll probably start part time work right around that time, so that'll help replenish some of what was lost.

I'm trying to get better about looking ahead to things coming up and saving ahead, so I'm thinking ahead to birthdays and holidays we have coming the rest of the year. DH's birthday and father's day is already taken care of, he wanted a kindle paperwhite and a case for it so I snagged them when they were on a great sale recently. Mother's day is all we have to budget for in May. July nothing. August we have a family birthday for my two year old cousin but that'll only be about $20. September nothing. October two friends birthdays but one we already bought it when we saw it on clearance at Target! Then it's pretty much the holidays and DS's birthday, so I'm thinking I need to start budgeting for that after our move. I've always been an early shopper, but I want to get even better now that DS has a birthday around that time and since we are traveling around then I don't want to affect our vacation budget with having to worry about the holidays.

So I was thinking that for a lot of the people in my family (all Disney lovers) I'm going to swing by the character warehouse once on our way down and once on our way back while we are down in Orlando before and after our cruise in Sept, and again when we go just before Christmas for DS's birthday. I'm thinking I can get gifts for much less than I'd pay in a Target, and maybe get a really good deal on getting some shopping done. Anyone have any preference on which location is better?

I've also been considering checking babies/ toys r us closing sales for some younger family members and DS, but I've heard they aren't very good and are pretty picked over- has anyone been lately?

I don't have much debt dumping news, but i know we'll be adding to our debt this weekend. We really need to put new insulation in our attic. It can drop 10-15 degrees from the time we go to bed to the time we wake up in the morning. It's also been really warm here the last week and the heat is just building up in the house. We are going to do it ourselves so i'm hoping it should only be about $500 or so for the rental plus the insulation. The rental should only be $50 for the day, but it's possible the rental may be free if we purchase enough insulation.

On the bright side, my check that should be deposited this weekend will have my promotional raise on it. Not quite sure exactly how much it will be extra a month, but i'll take it!

I don't have much debt dumping news, but i know we'll be adding to our debt this weekend. We really need to put new insulation in our attic. It can drop 10-15 degrees from the time we go to bed to the time we wake up in the morning. It's also been really warm here the last week and the heat is just building up in the house. We are going to do it ourselves so i'm hoping it should only be about $500 or so for the rental plus the insulation. The rental should only be $50 for the day, but it's possible the rental may be free if we purchase enough insulation.

On the bright side, my check that should be deposited this weekend will have my promotional raise on it. Not quite sure exactly how much it will be extra a month, but i'll take it!
Insulation pays for itself fairly quickly with utility bills. We over insulated (more than required by the county) when we built our house, but we have tiny bills compared to some friends--like $130 for a summer month versus my friend's home who will get a $350 bill.

Just plugging away with my spreadsheet. Wishing money would fall out the the sky...and knowing this debt is our own decisions. I am proud that we are paying it off now but plan on using it as a tool to teach my kids.

Insulation pays for itself fairly quickly with utility bills. We over insulated (more than required by the county) when we built our house, but we have tiny bills compared to some friends--like $130 for a summer month versus my friend's home who will get a $350 bill.

This is what i'm hoping for and why i'm ok with adding to our debt to get it done. It gets HOT here in the summer, I mean consistent 100+ degree days and "cooling" down to the 70s or 80s at night, so I know it's something we need to do. We'd like to do the walls and everything also, but i'm not sure we could do that ourselves and we don't want to spend the money for a professional to do it at this exact moment.

I also forgot to mention in my last post that we also spent some money out of our savings this weekend to help out my aunt. Long story short my grandma died about a year and a half ago and she's been trying to sell the house that they were living in. They have a buyer and she needs to be out by the 26th, but the money she'll be getting has to sit in probate for 6 months. She doesn't currently have a job so she's a little tight on funds at the moment with trying to move out of the house. So my husband and I decided to give her $100 to help out a little. She's given a us a bunch of stuff recently, some night stands, a lawn mower, a weed whacker, etc. so we felt it was the least we could do since she didn't want money for any of it. I pretty much had to force the $100 on her though, and we filled up her gas tank in her car.

Now we just gotta keep plugging away at everything else.

Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new to this section of the boards but I got serious about dumping debt at the end of last year.
Here are my 2018 goals:

• Pay off my car loan ($4750)
  • Pay off personal loan ($4075)
  • Pay off Disney Visa ($3100)
  • Cash-flow 2018-2019 insurance policy (~$2300:mad: - 1 stinking accident)
  • Cash-flow my portion of our January 2019 vacation by October ($2000)
  • Lose 45lbs
I'm following Dave Ramsey's plan so I'm snowballing my debts and pretty excited to be consumer debt-free by the end of the year.:teeth:

Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new to this section of the boards but I got serious about dumping debt at the end of last year.
Here are my 2018 goals:

• Pay off my car loan ($4750)
  • Pay off personal loan ($4075)
  • Pay off Disney Visa ($3100)
  • Cash-flow 2018-2019 insurance policy (~$2300:mad: - 1 stinking accident)
  • Cash-flow my portion of our January 2019 vacation by October ($2000)
  • Lose 45lbs
I'm following Dave Ramsey's plan so I'm snowballing my debts and pretty excited to be consumer debt-free by the end of the year.:teeth:

:welcome:

Hello everyone!

Haven’t read through the thread so sorry if this has already been asked but do you all think it’s a good idea to do a lump sum of my credit card debt? Just searching the internet and found this as an option. It’s a retail credit card. I’m 21 and had it since a few months after I turned 18. I haven’t used it responsibly at all. I’ve racked up a little bit over 3.6k on a 3.3k limit as of now. I just want to be done with it. I’m finally willing to part with some really valuable items that I’ve got great offers on already to make enough for a decent lump sum offer.

Hello everyone!

Haven’t read through the thread so sorry if this has already been asked but do you all think it’s a good idea to do a lump sum of my credit card debt? Just searching the internet and found this as an option. It’s a retail credit card. I’m 21 and had it since a few months after I turned 18. I haven’t used it responsibly at all. I’ve racked up a little bit over 3.6k on a 3.3k limit as of now. I just want to be done with it. I’m finally willing to part with some really valuable items that I’ve got great offers on already to make enough for a decent lump sum offer.
Hi, what do you mean lump sum offer, is it in collections? If yes, then that's a whole separate issue. If not, then it's not really an offer, it's just the balance. If that's the case, you just have to decide if you can actually pay it all off at once without causing an issue to some other facet of life, like not making some other bill like a car or utilities for example (which would be bad), for the sake of paying on this bill. In general, I'd say if you have the money pay it off, however, can't really blanket statement that as It's hard to know without knowing more info like income, outgo, etc.

Hi, what do you mean lump sum offer, is it in collections? If yes, then that's a whole separate issue. If not, then it's not really an offer, it's just the balance. If that's the case, you just have to decide if you can actually pay it all off at once without causing an issue to some other facet of life, like not making some other bill like a car or utilities for example (which would be bad), for the sake of paying on this bill. In general, I'd say if you have the money pay it off, however, can't really blanket statement that as It's hard to know without knowing more info like income, outgo, etc.
It’s not in collections they just closed it because it was over the limit and I guess because of my age and me not having a job. I’ve only missed one payment ever 2 years ago. I was searching info about paying off my debt and one way I saw was paying off in a lump sum. I’m a dependent on my parents taxes. I sell on EBay etc but make just enough to pay off this bill and go out occasionally. I would rather save the $150-200 I pay on this bill monthly with $60 interest going toward a Disney vacation.

It’s not in collections they just closed it because it was over the limit and I guess because of my age and me not having a job. I’ve only missed one payment ever 2 years ago. I was searching info about paying off my debt and one way I saw was paying off in a lump sum. I’m a dependent on my parents taxes. I sell on EBay etc but make just enough to pay off this bill and go out occasionally. I would rather save the $150-200 I pay on this bill monthly with $60 interest going toward a Disney vacation.
I think it's great that at your age you see the debt and know it's something you need to pay. I think if you can focus on the debt, do it because who wants to pay high interest every month and credit cards charge very high interest generally. Check with your bank, if it's a credit union maybe they can work with you. I know my DD was in a slightly although not same position with some medical bills and a few things, she's just a couple years older than you. The credit union didn't want to roll her to a personal loan and wouldn't give her a car loan but they did knock off the interest that had piled up on it. The debt was 500 and had about 630, then they knocked it to 500. So anyway, that's worth checking into. There are other alternatives out there to credit card management to get a debt paid at zero interest you've probably heard of, but my thought would be if you can tackle it without any repercussions to anything else in normal day-to-day life like paying rent, utilities, school payments, etc, then maybe you can. Just consider if you can pay it all at once and still afford to live, basically. If you do live at home, then that is probably a huge help. If not, then another game plan maybe like a three to six month game plan or explore alternatives.

This is what i'm hoping for and why i'm ok with adding to our debt to get it done. It gets HOT here in the summer, I mean consistent 100+ degree days and "cooling" down to the 70s or 80s at night, so I know it's something we need to do. We'd like to do the walls and everything also, but i'm not sure we could do that ourselves and we don't want to spend the money for a professional to do it at this exact moment.
Sounds a lot like where I live! In regards to the walls: start with what you can. The roof is the easiest, followed by the floor (on raised foundations). Walls, you're either pulling and redoing sheetrock or hiring a professional for blown insulation.

Hi everyone!

Welcome!!! If you want to scroll back to the second or third page, you'll see my "Oh my word, I'm on the budget page" post. I am not following Dave Ramsey verbatim, because it doesn't work for me, but I am snowballing debt. Ask questions, post your triumphs! This is a great bunch of people who give me motivation to trudge through my spreadsheets.

I'm not asking this to be mean, but can you get a job? I know you'd like to save for a vacation, but is that realistic when you have minimal income? I know I'm phrasing this wrong, and I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings. I do know (from my brother) that rolling into credit consolidation DOES hurt your credit score, so there is that to consider. But I do agree with @jen7233 that being aware of the debt at your age and forming a plan to pay it off is fantastic!

So, I have news.

The dumping of debt has not gone very well the past couple of months. There has been a pile on of unusual bills, and two of my now (recently) 3 roommates were out of work, so they weren't paying anything towards the house bills. I'm not behind on anything yet, but that's only because the month hasn't ended. I don't think I'll be able to make the payments on a couple of the bills. :-( I've juggled and finagled every way I can find and it just isn't there.

Brighter side, one of the roommates moved out last weekend, so while I won't get any income from him anymore, he's the one that hasn't paid consistently over the past several years, so I think I'll actually come out ahead with him gone. The other jobless roommate has a job that he should start literally any day now. He'll be making around $14/hour with a good chance for consistent overtime, and has agreed to work as much overtime as they will let him until he catches up on what he owes. Just waiting for the trainer to get back in town so he can finish training and get put on the schedule.

Best news (though not for debt dumping). I found someone that I'd like to spend the rest of my life with. And he wants to spend it with me. So, we're looking at having a wedding next June. We're waiting that long because we both decided to kind of go all out and have a small-ish extravaganza on the wedding and honeymoon. And I'm not going to add to the debt to do so, but I am willing to extend the time to payoff. So, I'll keep chugging away on the debt, but the biggest bulk will be going to pay for the wedding. My personal hard deadline on the decision is this July. If we have managed to save at least $1500, then we will have the ceremony in front of the Bellagio fountain in Vegas, with a honeymoon in Hawaii after.

We will see how things go in the next few weeks as to whether I can get this dream to fly or not.

I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but if you don't have enough income to pay the debts you got yourself into due to being irresponsible, you can't afford to be taking vacations. You need to take responsibility for these debts and find a way to pay them off. Once you are in a position to be saving money for luxuries like vacations, you can set that as your savings goal.

Can you find another job besides selling things on Ebay? Do you go to school? You need to find another income source.

So, I have news.

Best news (though not for debt dumping). I found someone that I'd like to spend the rest of my life with. And he wants to spend it with me. So, we're looking at having a wedding next June. We're waiting that long because we both decided to kind of go all out and have a small-ish extravaganza on the wedding and honeymoon. And I'm not going to add to the debt to do so, but I am willing to extend the time to payoff. So, I'll keep chugging away on the debt, but the biggest bulk will be going to pay for the wedding. My personal hard deadline on the decision is this July. If we have managed to save at least $1500, then we will have the ceremony in front of the Bellagio fountain in Vegas, with a honeymoon in Hawaii after.

We will see how things go in the next few weeks as to whether I can get this dream to fly or not.

party: A big congratulations to you! That's very exciting news!

So, I have news.

The dumping of debt has not gone very well the past couple of months. There has been a pile on of unusual bills, and two of my now (recently) 3 roommates were out of work, so they weren't paying anything towards the house bills. I'm not behind on anything yet, but that's only because the month hasn't ended. I don't think I'll be able to make the payments on a couple of the bills. :-( I've juggled and finagled every way I can find and it just isn't there.

Brighter side, one of the roommates moved out last weekend, so while I won't get any income from him anymore, he's the one that hasn't paid consistently over the past several years, so I think I'll actually come out ahead with him gone. The other jobless roommate has a job that he should start literally any day now. He'll be making around $14/hour with a good chance for consistent overtime, and has agreed to work as much overtime as they will let him until he catches up on what he owes. Just waiting for the trainer to get back in town so he can finish training and get put on the schedule.

Congratulations!!!

Congrats!!! Weddings are so exciting! I'm knee deep in paying for ours as well! We're having a fairly large shin dig at the Hard Rock Casino here in Tulsa, followed by a honeymoon in Orlando! We considered Hawaii too, so you'll have to report back next year on your thoughts!

I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but if you don't have enough income to pay the debts you got yourself into due to being irresponsible, you can't afford to be taking vacations. You need to take responsibility for these debts and find a way to pay them off. Once you are in a position to be saving money for luxuries like vacations, you can set that as your savings goal.

Can you find another job besides selling things on Ebay? Do you go to school? You need to find another income source.
I second this.

I didn’t take my first “adult” vacation that included airfare, hotel, food, etc. until I was 25 because I couldn’t afford it before then without having to incur credit card debt which I have not and plan to never do.

I second this.

I didn’t take my first “adult” vacation that included airfare, hotel, food, etc. until I was 25 because I couldn’t afford it before then without having to incur credit card debt which I have not and plan to never do.

I took a couple trips in college, but I also worked 35 hours a week as an assistant manager in a retail store while carrying a full credit load at a University. I graduated from college having had a credit card since 18, with no consumer debt, even though I charged those vacations. I simply paid them off within a reasonable timeframe. It can be done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter