December 2007 Waitlist Thread

I just bought and started booking last month, and today my last waitlist came thru at SSR. I've got a 1BR 5-8 Dec, a studio 6-8 Dec, and another studio 7-8 Dec! So the whole family is confirmed for our pre-cruise stay.

My DD and I have a 1BR on 15 Dec and Studio on 16 Dec at BWV, and I'm still hoping we can get into one unit for both days.

WOO HOO!! Our waitlist for a studio at SSR came through yesterday! Just waitlisted last Monday - we'll be in the area and decided to run over for one night. Had 4 choices listed, but got our home resort (and fave!). :cool1:

Sill waiting for (2) Studios) for (1) night N.Y's Eve.... - ANYPLACE!
We have (2) Studios at SSR for 12/30
I'll wait until Nov. 29 (a Thursday) - then I'll have to give up the 12/30 (2) Studios for No Penalty - Is that correct??

I was just wondering, I called last week and still no activity on my wait list for a two bedroom at OKW, SSR or BWV for 11/30-12/8/2007. Is there some sort of way that at some specific time frame, that cash rooms are released for DVC members on wait lists? Just a thought (we have a ressie for a one bedroom at OKW for 11/25-12/08).

:cheer2: :cheer2: WOO HOO :cheer2: :cheer2:

My waitlist for 12/9 came thru today....I got a 1 bedroom Boardwalk view @ BWV (of course). It wasn't my first choice but, now we don't have to switch resorts for 1 night (just rooms). However, I did stay on the waitlist for a studio so, we wouldn't have to switch rooms. Anyway, I'm a happy camper :dance3:

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THAT'S WAITING :goodvibes

I originally waitlisted for a 2 BR at SSR and got all my dates. Now, I found out yesterday I have to go to Jacksonville the day before we leave for our trip so we decided to just all leave early and go down from Jax a day earlier to SSR. There are no rooms available so I'm again waitlisted for the 6th of Dec. What are the chances a room will open up?

I was just wondering, I called last week and still no activity on my wait list for a two bedroom at OKW, SSR or BWV for 11/30-12/8/2007. Is there some sort of way that at some specific time frame, that cash rooms are released for DVC members on wait lists? Just a thought (we have a ressie for a one bedroom at OKW for 11/25-12/08).

I don't believe cash rooms are EVER released for DVC members on a waitlist. Sorry.

I called last week about my Dec 1 waitlist for a concierge studio at AKV. I had been taken off the waitlist at 31 days out by mistake as I had told them originally to keep me on until 7 days before. They added me back to the waitlist and said I was in the same order as before, but they couldn't tell me what that order was.

Lucky that I have that room booked on cash since the beginning of the year. I'd just rather use points if I could.

Did you call and ask to stay on the waitlist until seven days out? They can do that for you. There's still time and you never know what happens.

Just saw this. Yes, I thought I had done that originally. I was just posting that it looked like I wouldn't get it because we were already inside of 30 days and didn't think too many people canceled after that due to the penalty with your points. Didn't realize until I called that they had actually canceled the waitlist at 31 days! :eek:

What are my chances of 12/28 in a 1bdr savannah @ AKV? I already have the 29th, but right now am booked 12/28 @ SSR one bdr with a transfer for the other night. Member services did waitlist me for the 28th...I am not going to hold my breath.

Has anyone had any luck?

I'm so bummed. Still nothing on our waitlist (12/15 -21 for BWV). :headache:

We'll hit 30 days till' our trip on November 13 and we've been on the waitlist since June. What are the chances of anything coming open for us now?

Nothing's come up for me yet. Tomorrow is 31 days for out for us. We'll be going to BWV (standard view), hoping for boardwalk view.

Mind if I slip in at the back of the line? DH was able to get some time off and wants to head to WDW from 12/6 - 12/10. I warned him that we probably won't get DVC. We're waitlisted but I'm not very optimistic. :sad1:

This only came about today. I got great airfare and then I got an email from Visa with a special Alamo car rental deal. Maybe we can sleep in the car.;)

Nothing's come up for me yet. Tomorrow is 31 days for out for us. We'll be going to BWV (standard view), hoping for boardwalk view.

What's your dates if you don't mind me asking? We are booked at the BWV for 12/8-12/11. We have to change rooms 12/8 - Preferred view studio 12/9 - Boardwalk view 1 bedroom 12/10 - Preferred view studio. I'm just grateful we don't have to switch resorts. I'm still on the waitlist for the PV studio.

If anyone needs a 1 bedroom on 12/9 & has a studio booked I will gladly switch. :goodvibes

I'm looking for a 1 BR at BWV on 16 Dec. I have a studio (PV) to trade!

OR I will trade my 1 BR on 15 DEC at BWV(SV) for a studio.

What's your dates if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry. We'll be in a 2br standard view at BWV 12/9-12/14.

Hopefully your studio will come through so you don't have to switch resorts. Stay on the waitlist, you never know.

I had a three night trip planned with DD at BWV in Feb 2006. Two nights were booked boardwalk view and the last night was preferred view. At seven days out, I called daily (sometimes twice) to see if a bw view had opened up. Three days before we were to arrive, I called MS again. When I asked about that final night, she said, "You already have a bw view booked for all three nights?" :eek: I explained my situation and she told me that someone at the resort (probably while assigning rooms) must have seen our situation and changed it for us. :banana:

So you NEVER know.

Sorry. We'll be in a 2br standard view at BWV 12/9-12/14.

I had a three night trip planned with DD at BWV in Feb 2006. Two nights were booked boardwalk view and the last night was preferred view. At seven days out, I called daily (sometimes twice) to see if a bw view had opened up. Three days before we were to arrive, I called MS again. When I asked about that final night, she said, "You already have a bw view booked for all three nights?" :eek: I explained my situation and she told me that someone at the resort (probably while assigning rooms) must have seen our situation and changed it for us. :banana:

So you NEVER know.
I was just wondering if we were waiting on the same dates.
Thanks, for the hope but, I'm prepared to move rooms.

Still waiting on a studio at BWV for dec 16th....starting to lose hope. I will probably cancel my boardwalk view studio for dec 14th and 15th if nothing comes in before 31 days out. I booked POFQ with an AP rate, so we may still go.

The member website is still not working for me. Is there a chance that my waitlist did come in and it is not reflecting on my points balance (since nothing else is working on the website)?

I'm looking for a 1 BR at BWV on 16 Dec. I have a studio (PV) to trade!

OR I will trade my 1 BR on 15 DEC at BWV(SV) for a studio.

My waitlist for a studio came through on the 15th, so I just canceled a 1 BR standard view at the BWV if anyone is looking for one!

Still waiting on a studio at BWV for dec 16th....starting to lose hope. I will probably cancel my boardwalk view studio for dec 14th and 15th if nothing comes in before 31 days out. I booked POFQ with an AP rate, so we may still go.

The member website is still not working for me. Is there a chance that my waitlist did come in and it is not reflecting on my points balance (since nothing else is working on the website)?

Yes, there is. I checked the website, and nothing had changed. When I called MS, she told me I'd matched for a studio at BWV for the 15th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter