December 2012 Car Rentals

Like yourself, we also have a ressie with Budget for a mini-van using Budget X474200 (public Travelocity code). Just wondering if you were successful in replacing your coupon with one from the Entertainment Book. I just received my book but unsure about a few things. The Entertainment coupons all ask you to mention a particular BCD code with a CPN #. Does it have to work this way or can I take say the CPN # from the $35 off a 10+ day rental and use it together with the X474200? If they ask for the coupon, isn't there the chance they could question this? Or is it just a try it and see what happens and the worst that can happen is that you don't get the $35 off? Also, can a coupon code that you come across later on be applied when you pick up the car or am I supposed go online to modify the reservation by adding it? Thanks.

I am going to call Budget this week and see what I can find out. I will be sure to post back after I get the scoop!

I called Budget this morning. "Melody" told me that the coupon codes in the Entertainment book need to be used in conjunction with the BCD # listed on the coupon.

Of course, you never know if she's right :scratchin. I might try again tomorrow to see if a different agent gives me the same answer.

I called Budget this morning. "Melody" told me that the coupon codes in the Entertainment book need to be used in conjunction with the BCD # listed on the coupon.

Of course, you never know if she's right :scratchin. I might try again tomorrow to see if a different agent gives me the same answer.

On the initial quote page where it shows all of the vehicles available in little "boxes", if the coupon can be applied it will indicate that to the right and sideways within that little box.

On the initial quote page where it shows all of the vehicles available in little "boxes", if the coupon can be applied it will indicate that to the right and sideways within that little box.

And that's where the concern comes in.......the coupon says it can be applied when entering the Travelocity code + the Entertainment book coupon. The agent says no.

Just not wanting any hassle when the vehicle is turned back in.

And that's where the concern comes in.......the coupon says it can be applied when entering the Travelocity code + the Entertainment book coupon. The agent says no.

Just not wanting any hassle when the vehicle is turned back in.
I think as long as the system accepts the coupon you should be fine. I tried to apply the Costco coupon while using the DISBoards code and the system specifically rejected it and told me that I had to use the Costco code to use the coupon.

I booked a minivan a couple of months ago with a Budget code. Dates are 12/8-12/16. I was thrilled with the rate of $350 with budget. However, I checked rates on Orbitz today just to see what the range was. I was able to book a minivan with Dollar (no code) for $288! Woohoo!

I booked a minivan a couple of months ago with a Budget code. Dates are 12/8-12/16. I was thrilled with the rate of $350 with budget. However, I checked rates on Orbitz today just to see what the range was. I was able to book a minivan with Dollar (no code) for $288! Woohoo!

Are you sure the $288 includes all taxes and fees on the Orbitz site? If you go to Dollar and book directly (click on city specials rate) the base rate is $288 + taxes and fees = $379. Also Dollar charges $10/day extra for additional driver.

Yes. Even though I found it on Orbitz, I booked directly with Dollar so I could cancel easily. 5:00 p.m. on 12/8-5 p.m. on 12/16 was $288 with fees included ($217 before fees).

Ohhh....sorry - I did leave out one important detail....just wasn't thinking. I'm flying into JAX instead of MCO as the fares were about 1/3 of the price on Southwest from Nashville.

Alamo has a new nationwide Contract Id: CARSLAND Coupled with the free day e-coupon they currently have on their website [AFA4623ANZ] reduced my rate a little for the first week of December. Midsize SUV @ $198 for a 7 day rental - even though this is the most I have ever paid for a rental car in Orlando. I like a decent size vehicle so I cancelled my reservation with Dollar for a mid-size @ $152. and Budget reviews had me a little concerned, so I cancelled my reservation with them for a mid-size SUV @ $177. I would be very displeased to be put in a hatchback vehicle as a 'similar'.

Bid on Priceline today for a mini-van. Got $24/day (first tried $20 which was declined..I should've tried $22!).

Final total is $290.60. I'm pleased with this rate as the lowest I've gotten the minivan for my dates is $400.

Alamo's prices just went down for next week. Booked Nov 29- Dec 6, using alamo insiders, and coupon code for a free day from carrentalsavers.com (AFA4623ANZ) and the total with taxes was $142 for a full size . Not quite the $83 I had lasy year at the same time, but getting better....

funcinderella said:
Alamo's prices just went down for next week. Booked Nov 29- Dec 6, using alamo insiders, and coupon code for a free day from carrentalsavers.com (AFA4623ANZ) and the total with taxes was $142 for a full size . Not quite the $83 I had lasy year at the same time, but getting better....

I just checked for dec 8-15 and still waaaayyy up there. Thx for the info. Hope to see a drop for my dates soon!

Alamo midsize SUV finally dropped for me. 11/30 to 12/8 $218 using Southwest code 7015765 and $30 coupon AD2335FDC.

Pays to keep looking right to the very end. Saved $40 over National. Same as Budget, but love the Alamo kiosk.

Alamo's rates for the first week in Dec took a HUGE dive today! Just this morning I was getting $284 for 12/3 to 12/10, but just now booked it for $129 out the door! This is using Costco member code and e-coupon for $30 off, midsize car. YAY!! :cool1:

Alamo's rates for the first week in Dec took a HUGE dive today! Just this morning I was getting $284 for 12/3 to 12/10, but just now booked it for $129 out the door! This is using Costco member code and e-coupon for $30 off, midsize car. YAY!! :cool1:

Must be related to the Costco member code - which I am not eligible for. My rates for 12/1 - 12/8 are alot higher than that.

Must be related to the Costco member code - which I am not eligible for. My rates for 12/1 - 12/8 are alot higher than that.

Hmmm... just an hour later and they are back up. This is the point where you need to check multiple times a day, looks like they are going to fluctuate. Good luck.

Hmmm... just an hour later and they are back up. This is the point where you need to check multiple times a day, looks like they are going to fluctuate. Good luck.

I agree! Alamo's pricing has been all over the place. Last night I found a decent rate, went back to add my flight information and it had already jumped $60. I could never replicate the original price.

I just checked for dec 8-15 and still waaaayyy up there. Thx for the info. Hope to see a drop for my dates soon!

I'm also Dec 8-15 and I was just losing hope of any good Alamo deals. Based on the Dec 1-8 people, it sounds like there is still hope! Whoohoo!:cool1:

I'm also Dec 8-15 and I was just losing hope of any good Alamo deals. Based on the Dec 1-8 people, it sounds like there is still hope! Whoohoo!:cool1:

You don't mention what type of vehicle you are looking for but using Wendie Code D454300 and E-Coupon MUPZ044 for $40 off the total after e-coupon is applied when return vehicle (compact) is $138.

You don't mention what type of vehicle you are looking for but using Wendie Code D454300 and E-Coupon MUPZ044 for $40 off the total after e-coupon is applied when return vehicle (compact) is $138.

I couldn't get those codes to be accepted... which fields do they go into on the reservation page? thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter