**December 2012 Roll Call** Holidays, FLE Opening & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be returning to WDW for Christmas. It is my favorite time of year to go because it is wonderfully festive; it is like Christmas on steroids! Every year when I think we will go at a different time we just end up going back to Christmas week.

We will be doing a split stay starting at AKV Jambo December 22-26, then moving to the THV's from December 26th-30th. I cannot wait!

Should I delete your entry for the 22nd at Kidani?

The Roll Call is up-to-date. Welcome all the new December peeps!! :yay:

Just wanted to give you a heads up that the online Disney store has some Santa hats for sale. I scored some for our December trip. I got the Santa Minnie hat for me and the Santa Goofy for DH. Santa Mickey is sold out, but they do have santa mickey ears.

If you use code, 25YEARS, you can save an additional 10%.

:banana::banana::banana:

I found a bunch of Christmas items on sale that I stocked up on including some clothing and a Santa Mickey plush. I'll be doing pixie dust packages like the ones in my sig. The theme will be 12 Days of Christmas since we'll be there 12 days. I'm planning to get a little tree and have little presents appear every day.

I just realized I never put up pictures from the Birthday Surprise I did in October. That was huge fun. This is always my favorite part of the planning. The only down side is it takes up so much space in my luggage. ;)

I found a bunch of Christmas items on sale that I stocked up on including some clothing and a Santa Mickey plush. I'll be doing pixie dust packages like the ones in my sig. The theme will be 12 Days of Christmas since we'll be there 12 days. I'm planning to get a little tree and have little presents appear every day.

Those gift bags are insanely awesome. I want you to take me to WDW!! :rotfl:

Hi! We're in, too! We'll be at the AKL (Jambo House) from November 26th - December 10th! Is there any Fish extender-type things that are done at the resorts, or does it get too complicated??

Kim

Hi! We're in, too! We'll be at the AKL (Jambo House) from November 26th - December 10th! Is there any Fish extender-type things that are done at the resorts, or does it get too complicated??

Kim

Not sure what you are referring to. Can you please elaborate?

Kim

For TofuBeast, Fish Extenders are a gift exchange that cruisers on DCL do as a "get to know you" kind of fun activity. They're called Fish Extenders because the "mailbox" on the staterooms next to the cabin doors on the ship are fish, so cruisers hang an extender with pockets below it to accept gifts.

Likikam, I don't know if anybody has tried to do FE's in the resorts, but I doubt it since even on this thread our dates and resorts are pretty scattered. You'd have to have 10 - 20 rooms of people that knew they were going to be there at the same resort at the same time. Xmas week would be the most likely since I'm sure all the resorts will be at capacity, but even then finding all the DISsers would be an interesting feat ...

11/29-12/2=first cruise on the dream
12/2-12/8=6 wonderful nights in all stars movies

Too excited and would love feedback or what to do!

My fiance and I will be married on the 1st, and then honeymooning in Disney World from the 2nd-14th of December, so add us to the list!!

Who wants to randomly meet up and drink!? :cool1::cool1:

My fiance and I will be married on the 1st, and then honeymooning in Disney World from the 2nd-14th of December, so add us to the list!!

Congratulations!!!

I'm always up for a drink or 7.

Wow!! Congrats on your upcoming wedding....now it is less than 9 months away!! :thumbsup2

Have you decided on where you will be staying?

Wow!! Congrats on your upcoming wedding....now it is less than 9 months away!! :thumbsup2

Have you decided on where you will be staying?

As of now, we are booked at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We may however take advantage of the free dining offer (if it's offered in December) and split some nights between there and an All Star resort.

And thanks!!

I don't know..as a life long Flyers die hard, we might get into a fist fight.

I think Disney frowns on hockey brawls.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

We'll just have to do it in Canada at EPCOT. Afterwards, we can get a couple of Molsons and taunt the 'Nucks fans.

Just gotta remember the fight straps so we don't get bounced for lewdness.

Btw... Is there a better piece of clothing than a hockey sweater to deal with the unexpected December Florida weather? Big enough to keep you warm on a cold day, light enough to be comfy on a warm day. My pics from Dec 2010 trip have a lot of spoked B's in them.

Hi everyone! we are thinking about mid december... not 100% yet, but wanted to subscribe!

This would be our first time going in December... how is the weather usually? warm enough to swim? are the pools heated? (we are canadian, so cooler weather for some, may be warm for us LOL)

We'll just have to do it in Canada at EPCOT. Afterwards, we can get a couple of Molsons and taunt the 'Nucks fans.

Just gotta remember the fight straps so we don't get bounced for lewdness.

Btw... Is there a better piece of clothing than a hockey sweater to deal with the unexpected December Florida weather? Big enough to keep you warm on a cold day, light enough to be comfy on a warm day. My pics from Dec 2010 trip have a lot of spoked B's in them.

Sounds like to plan to me. I'm always down with some Canada bashing. :D

Honestly, I don't think I've ever thought to bring a sweater to Disney before, but I can think of a few times over the past few years that one would surely have been appreciated. I'll have to put aside some space in the suitcase.

Sounds like to plan to me. I'm always down with some Canada bashing. :D

Honestly, I don't think I've ever thought to bring a sweater to Disney before, but I can think of a few times over the past few years that one would surely have been appreciated. I'll have to put aside some space in the suitcase.

I didn't mean all of Canada bashing. Just Vancouver (and their creepy "The Shining" twins). Ordinarily, I would say Montreal too, but I never kick a man when he's down.

I don't want to come across like we're hijacking the thread, so if you'd like to continue the NHL banter, here ya go...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2804514

PS: How awkward do you feel after the last post on the previous page? ;)

Hi everyone! we are thinking about mid december... not 100% yet, but wanted to subscribe!

This would be our first time going in December... how is the weather usually? warm enough to swim? are the pools heated? (we are canadian, so cooler weather for some, may be warm for us LOL)

Welcome. The weather is usually pretty mild that day. Mostly 70 or upper 60s during the day. But but but.. there will be days that will be warmer, and days colder. The evening can be anywhere from 40-60s. So really, the trick is to LAYER. It all depends if and when a cold front comes in. The pools are heated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter