December 2013.

Is anyone planning to call tomorrow (July 11) to book a package? Out of curiosity, is there a benefit to booking so early?

It's crazy to think we have to wait a year just to see if we can get free dining for our trip!

Sorry - I just realized there was an option to quote multiple posts at once...I will use that from now on!! :blush:

Joining in too! Nothing is set in stone yet, but we are tentatively planning a first week of Dec trip. My hubby's first time was this past Feb. We stayed at the Poly and it was INCREDIBLE! We had dinner at Whispering Canyon over at Wilderness Lodge and we fell in love with it. Hubby said "okay, if I am ever forced to come here again...we are staying here." :lmao: I took that as permission and am planning a Christmas trip. I've heard WL has the best decorations. Although, it is going to be hard to pass up the new Art of Animation resort....hmmmm....maybe a split stay?? I am leaving in a week and plan to do alot of resort hopping, so I will check out AoA and see how it is.

If you book room only this far ahead, can you still add discounts like free dining, etc, if they come out later?

Absolutely. You can change your reservation as many times as you want. If you book a package, you have to have it paid off 45 days in advance. Once you pay it off, you can't make anymore changes. Room-only packages don't need to be paid off until you arrive, so there is a little more flexibility with them. But yeah, you absolutely can make changes. :thumbsup2

Joining in too! Nothing is set in stone yet, but we are tentatively planning a first week of Dec trip. My hubby's first time was this past Feb. We stayed at the Poly and it was INCREDIBLE! We had dinner at Whispering Canyon over at Wilderness Lodge and we fell in love with it. Hubby said "okay, if I am ever forced to come here again...we are staying here." :lmao: I took that as permission and am planning a Christmas trip. I've heard WL has the best decorations. Although, it is going to be hard to pass up the new Art of Animation resort....hmmmm....maybe a split stay?? I am leaving in a week and plan to do alot of resort hopping, so I will check out AoA and see how it is.

Absolutely. You can change your reservation as many times as you want. If you book a package, you have to have it paid off 45 days in advance. Once you pay it off, you can't make anymore changes. Room-only packages don't need to be paid off until you arrive, so there is a little more flexibility with them. But yeah, you absolutely can make changes. :thumbsup2

Thank you! That is definitely good information to know :thanks: Have fun on your trip and definitely post and let us know what you think about AoA!

definitely post and let us know what you think about AoA!

I will. I've heard some people say that it is too over the top and in your face...but I think it just looks so neat. If I wanted subtle...I would stay offsite or Swan/Dolphin or something :confused3 Can't wait to check it out in person. I almost switched from POFQ to AoA for this July trip, but where it is just myself and another adult, I thought the suite was a bit much :p

Hi Everyone!! :wave2: So excited to see this thread! We are planning to go back to the World around the second to third week in December depending on dh work schedule. I love Disney in December and this will be our third trip at Christmas time. Can't wait to get into planning and I am so excited that prices will be out tomorrow!!! :cool1:

How soon does Disney decorate for Christmas? Just wondering may be changing dates from December to November depending on this.....Do not want to stress about Thanksgiving crowds and Pop Warner week, especially with a DS who does not do well with high volumes of crowds. Also, is there usually free dining in November?

Well tried going online to look at the price of the package and it's telling me AOA it is booked so either it hasn't went live yet or there's something going on there. I'll try later on. :)

Checked some of the others hotels and said they were booked too.

Can you book 499 days from the start of your trip or is it 499 days from the last day?

I'm trying to figure out when I can book!

We are planning a 2 week Disney Christmas vacation at POR for December 2013!!! So excited!!!!!:goofy:

I believe it's 499 days from your check-out date.

Pop Warner will be there December 1-8, 2013.

Planning a trip for December 11-21, 2013! Crossing my fingers We get on the tail end of Free Dining :goodvibes

We are planning for Dec 8 - 12 Disney Dream, and then Dec 12 - 15 (or 16) at WDW!!! First time cruise for us, and first time visiting the World at Christmas time!!! Soooo excited!!:banana::banana::banana:

pop warner ALWAYs goes the first full week in december .

we are planning the 8th thru 14th
fecorations go up begining of november parties start the same time but stuff like the santas in the countries do not start until after thanksgiving

Pop Warner will be there December 1-8, 2013.

Planning a trip for December 11-21, 2013! Crossing my fingers We get on the tail end of Free Dining :goodvibes

pop warner ALWAYs goes the first full week in december .

we are planning the 8th thru 14th
fecorations go up begining of november parties start the same time but stuff like the santas in the countries do not start until after thanksgiving

I wouldn't be so sure of this. The more I read the more I believe they will be there the week of Dec. 8-14.

Pop Warner does typically go the first full week of December. However being that the first weekend is part of the holiday weekend (which does not typically coincide with the first weekend in December), I believe that this will not hold true for several reasons...Number one, the calendar year for November/December 2013 exactly mirrors the calendar year for 2002 (Thanksgiving on Nov. 28) so I looked at historical Pop Warner dates for 2002 and their dates for that year were Dec. 8 - 14. Second, I saw someone else said that they always have some big competition Thanksgiving weekend also, so there is little chance they would travel that weekend. Also, Disney is very crowded that weekend following Thanksgiving usually, so I can't imagine Disney would agree to discount block rooms for Pop Warner during a high-crowd time period like that, as it would be actually a money losing thing for them. Pop Warner always takes place during a slow week for Disney.

Hope that information helps someone...it's still good to be flexible because you never know for SURE until the dates are in black & white, but my deductive reasoning skills tell me that it's a safe bet Pop Warner week for 2013 will be Dec 8 - 14. :thumbsup2

I wouldn't be so sure of this. The more I read the more I believe they will be there the week of Dec. 8-14.

Pop Warner does typically go the first full week of December. However being that the first weekend is part of the holiday weekend (which does not typically coincide with the first weekend in December), I believe that this will not hold true for several reasons...Number one, the calendar year for November/December 2013 exactly mirrors the calendar year for 2002 (Thanksgiving on Nov. 28) so I looked at historical Pop Warner dates for 2002 and their dates for that year were Dec. 8 - 14. Second, I saw someone else said that they always have some big competition Thanksgiving weekend also, so there is little chance they would travel that weekend. Also, Disney is very crowded that weekend following Thanksgiving usually, so I can't imagine Disney would agree to discount block rooms for Pop Warner during a high-crowd time period like that, as it would be actually a money losing thing for them. Pop Warner always takes place during a slow week for Disney.

Hope that information helps someone...it's still good to be flexible because you never know for SURE until the dates are in black & white, but my deductive reasoning skills tell me that it's a safe bet Pop Warner week for 2013 will be Dec 8 - 14. :thumbsup2

I'm thinking like you on this and I really hope it's true, but if not I'll make the best of it anyway it will be 4 years since I've been.

After careful consideration, my DH and I have decided to change our dates to 11/9/13 to 11/16/13. This way we can still see Christmas decorations, go to MVMCP, hopefully get FD, and miss December crowds (since Thanksgiving is late and then Pop Warner week occurs. I hope all of you have a magical trip in December ..... Happy Planning!!! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter