December 2019 trip... should we move it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im keeping my trip as planned for Dec. Schools still in. We will try DHS & if its too bad, we can park hop and hope that the over-flow from DHS won't be that bad to the other parks.

Does anyone have the data on how Pandora in AK looked after being open for 3 months, to possibly compare December for Star Wars? I know Star Wars is much bigger, but maybe a small comparison.

Does anyone have the data on how Pandora in AK looked after being open for 3 months, to possibly compare December for Star Wars? I know Star Wars is much bigger, but maybe a small comparison.

I don't know about data, but for anecdotes, I went at the end of September 2017, and I think it opened end of April or early May. Still a zoo. Waited 90 minutes plus in a "60 minute" line for Na'vi River Journey in sweltering heat. No fun. Didn't do FOP. No issues walking around the land and exploring though, and no wait to get in.

Went back to AK in November 2018 and I don't think the lines for either ride ever went under 100 minutes on the sign. Thought about trying them at close, but ended up just enjoying a bit of Pandora at night and then leaving.

I think SWGE rides are going to be a long wait well after SWGE opening. Getting into the land itself? That might be okay. It's absolutely massive, after all. But, then again, December at WDW is December at WDW.

The only thing I’m worried about is what PP mentioned: when is rise of resistance opening? What if that opens December

I am worried about RotR. I think a lot of people will wait until they can do both rides. We are booked for our first Thanksgiving trip. I'm so happy that the land will be open for three months before we go, but RotR will make it even worse.

I think based on the fan base, a better comparison would be the crowd levels when Wizarding World of HP first opened at IoA. We were there about 3 mo after it opened. They were still restricting access into Hogsmead due to crowds. We got in at rope drop ok, but line to get in later in the day was 1-3 hrs. Imagine SWGE will be similar.

Okay December 2019 people. SWGE opens 8/29. Now what?! It’ll prob still be crazy by December right? We’re booked 12/3-12/7 and I figured we’d cancel with a late fall opening but now that it opens months prior I’m wondering how bad it’ll actually be 3-4 mo later.

December is generally not as crowded as October and November, however I would prepare for increased crowd levels in all the parks. The issue IMO is that DHS is a small park as it is, and I feel that it is going to take a good long while for it to really absorb all of the people who are trying to get into SWGE, so those who have had enough of the crush willl hop to other parks. Because December has soem really awesome events, cooler weather and the rep for being slower, it is getting busier every year. Just prepare and I would get hoppers.

I think based on the fan base, a better comparison would be the crowd levels when Wizarding World of HP first opened at IoA. We were there about 3 mo after it opened. They were still restricting access into Hogsmead due to crowds. We got in at rope drop ok, but line to get in later in the day was 1-3 hrs. Imagine SWGE will be similar.

I agree.

Hello!

We have booked a family trip for 7 of us from the UK to Orlando in November this year... We are going on the 7th of Nov for two weeks until the 21st of November... We had tried to tactically avoid the crowds of Halloween and just before Thanksgiving Week, but now Galaxy's Edge is opening in August we are all worried that we are going to be experiencing high volumes in all of the parks.

Do any of you have any experience with openings etc because we certainly don't!! What could we expect to experience? Will it be as bad as we fear?

We have disney/universal combo tickets for the two weeks.

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers,
Abi

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter