****December 2020 Thread****

Greetings December people! Early May refugee here who has re-booked our trip for early December now that the parks are officially listed as closed for what would have been our first day. Now to start re-doing all the months of planning. 😵

Jet blue released flights. Got my family of 3 roundtrip for free with my trueblue points from there spend 1k (bought our park tickets) get 60k points special. So excited!
Thanks for posting this. I had to go look and see what my 45K points would get my daughter and I.
Wish JB was the same as it was in years past, but, it's not and it's looking as though they no longer want the business of those of us who've built up points with all the add on fees for bags and selecting a seat.

I'll wait for SWA to open up. Never had a bad trip with them and the value for the money has been excellent.

Thanks for posting this. I had to go look and see what my 45K points would get my daughter and I.
Wish JB was the same as it was in years past, but, it's not and it's looking as though they no longer want the business of those of us who've built up points with all the add on fees for bags and selecting a seat.

I'll wait for SWA to open up. Never had a bad trip with them and the value for the money has been excellent.
I think with points you have to pick blue (which let's you choose seats). And with the credit card you get a free check bag per person in the party. My days were 9k a ticket + tax in cash.

Hey everyone! Nothing at all is for sure yet but I’m thinking of doing a solo trip in December! I was planning on an August trip but with how things are going with COVID-19 that might not happen and I want to be sure and I also want Ratatouille to be open when I go! I’ll be in college and finals go December 12-17 and I won’t find out until at least September how early I can get my finals completely done. If I can get them done by the 14th for example I’ll be able to go earlier with less crowds! I’ll probably fly home early Christmas morning to be with my family! I’ll probably try to stay at a campsite since that’s the only way I can afford the perks of staying on site which I’ll really need that week. Since I won’t know until September my exact dates, I think I’ll probably need to secure the campsite reservation now and then cancel the nights I can’t go later. I’m super excited to see WDW at Christmas time! I’ll definitely have to go to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party as many nights as my budget will allow!

Hey everyone! Nothing at all is for sure yet but I’m thinking of doing a solo trip in December! I was planning on an August trip but with how things are going with COVID-19 that might not happen and I want to be sure and I also want Ratatouille to be open when I go! I’ll be in college and finals go December 12-17 and I won’t find out until at least September how early I can get my finals completely done. If I can get them done by the 14th for example I’ll be able to go earlier with less crowds! I’ll probably fly home early Christmas morning to be with my family! I’ll probably try to stay at a campsite since that’s the only way I can afford the perks of staying on site which I’ll really need that week. Since I won’t know until September my exact dates, I think I’ll probably need to secure the campsite reservation now and then cancel the nights I can’t go later. I’m super excited to see WDW at Christmas time! I’ll definitely have to go to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party as many nights as my budget will allow!
You can see magic kingdom all lit up for Xmas without the party. Don't break your budget for the party it was kinda a let down last year. At almost 130$ a night unless your using that as your ticket for the whole day (no hopper or other park ticket) I don't think it's worth multiple party's. I hope your finals are easy and you get to go!

Impatiently waiting for SW to open Dec. dates. A silver lining in that we had $1k of travel funds that were set to expire 5-10-20. We were going to do a weekend trip somewhere just to use the funds. Now that the date was extended we can use it for our Dec. trip to offset the higher holiday prices.

I wonder if Celebrities will want to come and do the Candlelight Processional this year? I can't imagine they will have any committing this summer likely they usually do.

So.....I'm back and here for GOOD this time! We have a trip currently booked for June 13-20th but after talking to my DS tonight since this is his HS graduation trip, he asked that we push it to December 17-23rd since he doesn't believe all of WDW will be up and running by our dates.

Which means I'll be calling tomorrow to cancel that trip and rebook the new one for December.....I'll have to redo tickets, annual passes (I had bought Gold and they're blocked for our new dates), I had already bought tickets to Villians After Hours and now I'll need to get Mickey's Very Merry Xmas party tickets.

Thanks for having me! I hope there's room for one more at the December party!

Thinking about doing the Candelight Processional dining package as well, but not which restaurant as I'm taking my mom and she's not a very adventurous eater.

Thinking about doing the Candelight Processional dining package as well, but not which restaurant as I'm taking my mom and she's not a very adventurous eater.

Same with my parents. I think we are going to do Nine Dragons. Menu looks to be relatively "normal" for American Chinese food. It is also one of the cheapest options for dinner.

I don't think I could get mom to even do Nine Dragons. Hoping maybe Ale & Compass breakfast will be an option again. Hubs and I had breakfast there in February and it was fantastic

I wonder if Celebrities will want to come and do the Candlelight Processional this year? I can't imagine they will have any committing this summer likely they usually do.
Honestly, I would go to the CLP even if there wasn't a celebrity reading the scripture. If they had one of the Voices of Liberty, or any other cast member do it, I would still go. It's a great performance regardless of who is narrating.

We did CLP in 2017 with Neil Patrick Harris. It was so awesome. I can't imagine us going in December and not seeing it regardless of the narrator. We like Tepan Edo and hopefully we can do it again this year.

We did CLP in 2017 with Neil Patrick Harris. It was so awesome. I can't imagine us going in December and not seeing it regardless of the narrator. We like Tepan Edo and hopefully we can do it again this year.

Aw, we were there too! Our first time seeing Candlelight, and we just lucked out and got NPH as narrator. It was so wonderful. We're hoping to do Candlelight on Christmas Eve this year, whoever the narrator may be. Would not miss it!

ok, so I'm new to the Disney in December group and I have a few questions - we're looking at going back Dec. 17-23rd and my "plan" is to attend the MVMCP while we're there - so now I'm realizing that the Candlelight Processional is then too - is attending BOTH too much?? :rolleyes1

Since we've never been in December and usually only going in June I'm such the newbie for that time of the year!

AND, how does the Candlelight Processional work with having the DxDP - is it better to use credits or pay OOP? We're also DVC and have APs and I read that perhaps last year there was a DVC discount?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter