December airfare from Pitt to MCO

Jinnyboom

Mouseketeer
Anyone flying from Pitt to MCO first/second week of December???
Having problem finding a fare that I can live with...but then again...I'm being pretty picky I guess.....

Don't have a package plan...doing everything seperately, and airfare seems to be my big stumbing block....

Need round trip....no stops....want to leave early am BUT don't want to return from MCO at 6am.........

Best I've found for my needs is $270....AAA was higher...should I wait it out...and if so....for how long???

Sorry for so many qualifiers....just thinking that "Disney hours" have a pretty high price tag and I may need to sacrifice a higher air fare for more DT (Disney time)........

Thanks for any help at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are your dates? We're going Dec 6 to 13 and have frequent flyer tickets. But I just priced them on USAirways.com (11:35am PIT/MCO, 1:00pm MCO/PIT) and it's $207 each. Same price for the first flight out (7:45am) and last flight return (7:20pm). All non-stops. USAirways is the only non-stop carrier.

Last year I waited until Labor Day weekend and got $168. They usually put bigger planes on the schedule closer to the deparature date and that frees up some cheaper seats. Right now they still have the small planes on the schedule (737). Bigger planes are on the schedule through the end of October, they usually update them the first weekend of the month. Good Luck!

Well, I haven't flown that route during the first week of December since 1998, and we paid $261 back then. We paid $276 for New Years this past year.

If you want a morning flight, I've found the 9:20AM flight (2329 currently, it's switching to 1878 sometime in the fall) to be a good time. It has an arrival of 11:31AM, which is a great arrival time. Last time I was on that flight, we didn't get in until 12:30 (the flight was VERY overbooked, and we had to de-ice), but by the time we got the luggage, the rental car, stopped at McDonald's @ the Crossroads, and drove to the Contemporary, it was 2:30. Our room ended up being ready at 3PM (had to get that MK view!), so we sat in the club level lounge (ate cookies and drank lemonaide) until it was ready. We took the 7:45AM flight the last time, and actually arrived early - we were at the Grand Floridian by 11:15AM. Room wasn't ready until 3:30PM, so we had to wait a long time. I may even try the 11:35AM flight next time, I really don't like getting in too early (but, then I have to worry about getting a rental car at 2PM). :)

Debbie, are there usually a lot of cars in the garage after you take the 11:35AM flight? It gets in at 1:49, right? I'm really worried that we'll get there and will have to wait for a car. Thanks. ;)

We always take the 9:20am or 11:35am. I've never had a problem getting a car at National. We took the 11:35 in May (Saturday 5/4), arrived on time, there were lots of cars on the EA and full size aisles. We got to OKW about 3:00, our room was ready.

PIT/MCO airfare has come down in the past couple years. I remember when I took my niece in October 1999 we paid around $278. I think it's due to competition from Air Tran. Delta has some good fares too. Both require a connection in Atlanta though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter