Deciding on Goofy v. Dopey

For me it was:
-Never thought I could do a half, then did it. Which escalated to...
- Never thought I would do a full, then did it as part of a Goofy. Then along comes the Dopey...
- So now it is: can I also conquer that last Disney hill?

Am I going to now want to be doing a Dopey every time around? Probably not, due to the time and $$, plus the 5K just isn't that much value-added for me, other than the fact that it allows for a full day in the parks afterward. Ditto the 10K.

Shorter answer: I want/need to do the Dopey at least once. A little bit of FOMO, but mostly it is a personal challenge (not to mention a ton of shiny bling...)
I may do it again, I may just do Goofys in the future, I may look to some of the other race weekends instead. (Yeah, who am I kidding. "My name is Andrew and I have a running problem")
But at least one Dopey, and before anything happens that prevents doing it (like the arthritis and joint injuries I'm seeing in my family and peers).

One other thing I discovered: whether it is "just" a marathon, the Goofy, or a Dopey, you will have completed a marathon. And even if you are already a distance runner or athlete of other sports, there is a *huge* boost to self-confidence and personal outlook on things. You wind up with a mentality of being able to conquer nearly anything. "No problem. I've run a marathon". Maybe someone else on here can express it more eloquently, but it definitely puts a little bit of swagger in your step, and a smile for your inner self knowing what you've done.

Not to mention, reminding your kids of that fact when they want to make comments about your age...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter